Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: 2018 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 8

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: 2018 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Anyone start Henry in this league?
    Henry is on a team in the Consolation Bye, so he was of no consequence this week.

That's a week wining performance though right there. Wow.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Henry is on a team in the Consolation Bye, so he was of no consequence this week.

That's a week wining performance though right there. Wow.
    I'm in a 16 team league where the underdog hand him on their bench and he picked up 49pts, and the other guy had Fournette throw out a pooper.

What a performance by Henry though. Seriously question how they just don't feed him. He posted the highest top speed on a rushing TD this yr (21+mph). He's fast, just takes a few steps to get there. Maybe they need to line him up further back like AP does. AP does it so he can have more time to see the hole, maybe Henry should do it to build up that speed. And Titans just accept it when he gets hit behind the line, as when you line up 10yrds back and get hit behind the line, it's usually a 5yrd loss, not a 2yrd loss.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Demi-God

OMG, I didn't watch football last night...
    47.80pts in Yahoo fantasy!
    Holy cow!

No - not started in Tier I... and we have 14 -teams so we start more depth, in general, than 10 & 12-team leagues.
    The owner (Loch) has James Conner, AP in RB slots...
    And Josh Doctson in WR slot.

He's also in the bottom (consolation) playoffs... so the "Care Factor" is low, as with many of us.
    Man...
    47.80pts.

Yahoo had him for a projected total of 7.15pts.

47.80!
    Like holy cow.
    Where does that rank all-time in fantasy football?
    Gotta be top 5.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think I had a 60ish pt Monday night once this season back when my team was winning a game or two. I think I had 3 guys going that night though.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    OMG, I didn't watch football last night...
    47.80pts in Yahoo fantasy!
    Holy cow!

No - not started in Tier I... and we have 14 -teams so we start more depth, in general, than 10 & 12-team leagues.
    The owner (Loch) has James Conner, AP in RB slots...
    And Josh Doctson in WR slot.

He's also in the bottom (consolation) playoffs... so the "Care Factor" is low, as with many of us.
    Man...
    47.80pts.

Yahoo had him for a projected total of 7.15pts.

47.80!
    Like holy cow.
    Where does that rank all-time in fantasy football?
    Gotta be top 5.
    It's the best game for an RB who had less than 20 touches EVER in football.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    It's the best game for an RB who had less than 20 touches EVER in football.
    I actually did some research, and while true, apparently Clinton Portis had THE all-time fantasy scoring game in 2003.
    http://www.thepostgame.com/best-sing...l-performances

(btw - I hate "qualifiers" with records. Like, it was a record for a condition where yada-yada-yada.)

That said, I liked reading that Henry actually let Dion Lewis go in to score on 1-yard TD run late.
    That (as a 4th) TD would have made Henry the all-time best fantasy football game!

Dobber Sports Titan

I actually did some research, and while true, apparently Clinton Portis had THE all-time fantasy scoring game in 2003.
    http://www.thepostgame.com/best-sing...l-performances

(btw - I hate "qualifiers" with records. Like, it was a record for a condition where yada-yada-yada.)

That said, I liked reading that Henry actually let Dion Lewis go in to score on 1-yard TD run late.
    That (as a 4th) TD would have made Henry the all-time best fantasy football game!
    Me too, but 238yrds on like 17 touches (14yrds/touch)....That's insane. Even if you remove his 99yrd TD run, it's still insane (139yrds, 16 touches, 8.7yrds/touch)

Congrats Z, solid win. I was lucky to have had the chance, to be honest. This isn't shaping up to be my year as a playoff contender. 4 of 5 that made the playoffs were knocked out in week one. Special thanks to Goff for the minus-2.

/not bitter

p.s. Go get 'em Z!
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Superstar

Heading into Monday night, Goon Squad holds a 40.38 point lead over the myself (Turtles).

With Thielen and Carson both in line, it's not an impossible number to come back from, but highly improbable.

The difference has been Juju (29.00) vs Brown (6.00) resulting in the wide gap. If that had gone the other way or had even been more even, I would be in great shape to pull it out come tonight. But thems the breaks!

Going to be interesting to see how it goes regardless! I'll check in about halfway through the game once I'm off the ice from curling and should have a pretty good indication on whether there's a chance by that point!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Heading into Monday night, Goon Squad holds a 40.38 point lead over the myself (Turtles).

With Thielen and Carson both in line, it's not an impossible number to come back from, but highly improbable.

The difference has been Juju (29.00) vs Brown (6.00) resulting in the wide gap. If that had gone the other way or had even been more even, I would be in great shape to pull it out come tonight. But thems the breaks!

Going to be interesting to see how it goes regardless! I'll check in about halfway through the game once I'm off the ice from curling and should have a pretty good indication on whether there's a chance by that point!
    Not all that close. 112 to 97. Congrats to skybleacher (Goon Squad) and good luck in the semis!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Been riding Gordon and Ekeler all year and the week I need them most neither are playing. Typical playoff luck lol. Good luck to the other 3 teams remaining!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Congrats Z, solid win. I was lucky to have had the chance, to be honest. This isn't shaping up to be my year as a playoff contender. 4 of 5 that made the playoffs were knocked out in week one. Special thanks to Goff for the minus-2.

/not bitter

p.s. Go get 'em Z!
    5th Place is mine Bomm! You're going down! Or... well... we just kind of stay where we finished the season... I guess...

Dobber Sports Superstar

I meant to do an update on the semis, but have had far less time this week unfortunately, so it'll be a quick one!

(1) Josh Meet Kittle (112.71) vs (4) Goon Squad (116.46)
    - JMK has a couple of question marks at WR as Hilton and Robinson are listed as questionable to date. With only one bench WR available, this is a situation to monitor. The always production Mahomes is set for a marquee matchup against the Chargers Thursday night and the ability to start a RB in the TE position in Samuels is an almost unfair advantage given this year's TE terrain.
    - GS is in tough having to start the streaky Trubisky at QB with Wentz's injury so once again he'll be leaning on the revitalized Elliott, peaking at the right time of year, and whether Juju can once again be the productive Pittsburgh receiver.
    - Prediction: This is a tough call as although Mahomes and Samuels is a major boon, and Mixon a solid option, with the Hilton injury concern, the rest of JMKs roster looks a little rocky. With GS, Trubisky has been boom or bust, but the rest of the lineup is strong. Ultimately I think this matchup comes down to how well Trubisky performs. GS for the upset.

(2) Red Bulls (112.68) vs (3) Zorro's LongSnappers (114.22)
    - The Bulls hit an unfortunate snag with Gordon going down at the wrong time of year and it is going to take guts to play him tonight on TNF. With a solid option in McGuire that may be the safer choice. The rest of the offense appears ready to go.
    - ZLS similarly has injury concerns with Hill and a slumping Johnson. Indications are that Hill will play, but is he actually good to go or will he merely be used as a decoy? With middling alternatives it is a tough decision. With other solid matchups in Rivers against KC, Lindsay against CLE and Ingram against CAR, Hill may not be needed and safety may be the call.
    - Prediction: Injuries being the main culprit here, I like the look of ZLSs matchups a little better than the Bulls and I think that will ultimately end up being the difference. ZLS to the finals.

My predictions bode well for Josh Meet Kittle and Red Bulls given I was way off on both accounts last week!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Good luck to the final four.
    I'm rooting for rataylor... to have the season he had without Leveon Bell playing a snap... pretty amazing.
    Great final four though - very strong teams!!

Dobber Sports Deity

Good luck to the final four.
    I'm rooting for rataylor... to have the season he had without Leveon Bell playing a snap... pretty amazing.
    Great final four though - very strong teams!!
    Im just happy to say I beat him earlier this year
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."