Thread: Turris for JVR

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Turris for JVR

In a 14 team salary cap league: categories G A P PP +- HITS

I traded my Turris for JVR... how did I do? JVR contract is a million more but I think he can out point Turris by at least 10 points....

35-30 season for JVR?
    C: Giroux, Johansen, Schenn
    LW: Forseberg, J Hockey, Patch
    RW: Tara, Radulov, Toffoli
    D: Josi, Werenski,
    Ghost, Keith
    F: Coyle, Ehlers,
    Tkatchuk
    B:
    Konency, Rantanen, Hartnell, Gallagher, Spezza
    G: Price, Bishop

Administrator

Default Re: Turris for JVR

I don't think either player will be that good but I think JVR is a small upgrade in this format due to goal-scoring edge. Lateral move given cap hits. Personally I would look to get away from both in a cap league.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

JVR is an upgrade and the cost isn't great. Good deal.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I much prefer JVR to Turris.. yes. I think you did well here.

Dobber Sports Genius

I could see JVR getting 20+ more PPP than Turris this year. For that reason, it is worth a flyer.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I could see JVR getting 20+ more PPP than Turris this year. For that reason, it is worth a flyer.
    Pun intended?!

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by penguinhunter View Post
    pun intended?!
    absolutely!

The Great One

Turris gets great offensive zone deployment, but not nearly enough minutes at ES or on the PP to have a shot at 60 points on Nashville. JVR, on the other hand, will be a huge focal point at ES and on the PP. I like the deal for you.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Genius

OK, maybe 20 more PPP is a stretch. My point is that there are so many different options in Nashville that I could see Turris being on the #2 PP unit. As for JVR, if can land on that top PP unit in Philly that gets the lions share of the minutes, I could see him racking up way more PPP than Turris.

With your CATS [G A P PP +- HITS], this could be an overwhelming deciding factor.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I like the deal for you. Prefer JVR by a fair amount, and cap is close enough.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

OK, maybe 20 more PPP is a stretch. My point is that there are so many different options in Nashville that I could see Turris being on the #2 PP unit. As for JVR, if can land on that top PP unit in Philly that gets the lions share of the minutes, I could see him racking up way more PPP than Turris.

With your CATS [G A P PP +- HITS], this could be an overwhelming deciding factor.
    Ya, considering Turris had over 20 PPPs last year himself, getting 40+ would be amazing for JVR.

I think that's a good deal for both sides. Centers are easier to find and considering there's no FOW, wingers dont lose value.

I think they will be close in points but its hard to guage JVEs output right now. His contract screams 1st line but we really don't know where he will be employed. Either way, he won't be hurting for opportunities.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."