Thread: Goalie prospect on Keeper league

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Goalie prospect on Keeper league

League with 15 team, only able to keep 3 prospects after each year. Good goalie is a most for winning, no player has win without a solid top 2.

Points: 1 for pass or goal, 2 for wins, 1 for lose in overtime, 5 for shootout.

Since each player keep their best goalie, i start thinking about draft a good goalie prospect. I'm still not sure about it since it's hard to predict when a goalie will play in NHL. Maybe they'll be available next year or so.

What your thought on that?

I was looking for:
    • Carter Hart
    • Ilya Samsonov
    • Thatcher Demko
    • Garret Sparks
    • Filip Gustavsson
    • Ilya Sorokin
    • Jake Oettinger
    15 Team - 40 players - Dress 20 (12F, 6D, 2G)
    G(4) A(2) Point(1) SoG(0,4) Bks(0,5) Hit(0,4) Hat trick(3) TK(1) GS(7) Ga(-4) Sv(0,4)
    Keeper league (number of keeper depend on ranking - 8 to 12 + 3 Rookies and all prospect)

F. Matthews, Tkachuk, Stamkos, McDavid, Scheifele, Fiala
    D. Rielly, Werenski, Parayko
    G. Brobrovsky
    R. Batherson,
    P. Denisenko, Tufte, Noël, Kratsov, Vehvilainen, Bjornfot, Beaudoin,

2016: 13e, 2017: 1er, 2018: 8e, 2019: 1er 2020: 4e

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Goalie prospect on Keeper league

Quote Originally Posted by theendy View Post
    League with 15 team, only able to keep 3 prospects after each year. Good goalie is a most for winning, no player has win without a solid top 2.

Points: 1 for pass or goal, 2 for wins, 1 for lose in overtime, 5 for shootout.

Since each player keep their best goalie, i start thinking about draft a good goalie prospect. I'm still not sure about it since it's hard to predict when a goalie will play in NHL. Maybe they'll be available next year or so.

What your thought on that?

I was looking for:
    • Carter Hart
    • Ilya Samsonov
    • Thatcher Demko
    • Garret Sparks
    • Filip Gustavsson
    • Ilya Sorokin
    • Jake Oettinger
    No kidding on the bolded part.

Your listed top three plus Sorokin are the best four on that list. As far as when they will arrive, I would say Demko is the closest to arriving; most likely full time in 2019/20 season. The others are harder to predict. Most here seem to think Hart is NHL ready today even though he's yet to play a game as a professional. I think he will spend a year or two in the AHL at the very least.

For me, I'd rank them like this today:

Demko
    Samsonov
    Hart
    Sorokin

Sorokin right now is at the bottom of my list due to the questions around him coming to the league. Demko is coming up with an excellent prospect group and I think Vancouver is building something good there. Hart looks like a complete stud but that's in the WHL. LOTS of goalies can look like studs in Jr hockey and struggle once they hit the pros. Hart still has to prove it to me in the pros before I'd be willing to push him higher on my rankings.

Prospect goalies, even the young ones in the AHL today are a crapshoot at best. Good luck.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I would also add Shestyorkin to this list.
    Demko and Samsonov are probably the closest of the NHL, but Demko should get a chance the be the starter sooner. Samsonov is jammed behind one of the best goalie.
    I love Hart, but we'll see how he adapt pro this year.
    The 2 Russian have the same interrogation : when do they cross?
    So, my preference for readiness AND talent :
    Demko
    Hart / Samsonov
    Shestyorkin
    Sorokin
    10 teams keeper, keep 23, draft 5
    Weekly lineup (10FW, 5D, 2G) with NHL salary cap
    Goal (1pt); Assist (1); Win (2); SO (1)

FW : J.Tavares, M.Stone, S.Aho, C.Giroux, E.Kuznetsov, V.Tarasenko, M.Tkachuk, B.Marchand, T.Meier, J.Huberdeau, M.Hoffman, N. Gusev, E. Staal, H.Borgstrom, V.Kravtsov, J.Veleno, E.Tolvanen, C.Keller, M.Barzal, J.Roberston, A.DeBrincat, V.Podkolzin, G.Denisenko, A.Kaliyev

D : K.Yandle, S.Theodore, M.Rielly, O.Klefbom, R.Josi, R.Pulock, J.Walman, H.Jokiharju, C.Makar, N.Hagues

G : MA.Fleury, J.Gibson, C.Hellebuyk, E.Merzlikins, F.Gustavson, I.Sorokin

Dobber Sports Master

Sorokin has played ''hard to get'' with isles and there was an article out there in the spring that suggested he didnt like Garth (I'd suspect the way Halak was treated in 2017 opened Ilya's eyes )

with Lehner only signed to a 1 year deal , Korn/Greco being the goalie gurus and of course , Snow out of the picture , Sorokin might be more interested but he'd have to buy himself out of his 2019-2020 final year .

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If you are looking at the next 2 years, my targets would be:

1) Saros - Rinne has one year left, they could decide to move on or at the very least a timeshare

2) Demko - VAN has been using Markstrom as a stopgap, it's his crease as early as the back end of this season if everything goes right for Demko.

3) Husso - Has been killing it in the AHL, and STL has not shown confidence in Allen. Similar timeline to Demko if everything goes his way.

4) Sorokin - Has proved himself in the KHL and now that Snow is gone might come over. Has the highest upside/opportunity on this list but he'd have to buy out his contract in the KHL and it is a very substantial risk that he never comes over.

5) Hart - Done everything he could at the CHL level. Elliot's contract is expiring so there is an outside chance he could be handed the reins next year but it is unlikely at best.

Out of the rest of your list, they either haven't proven to me they have starter upside any time soon (Gustavsson, Oettinger) or they are stuck behind a clear number 1 for their foreseeable future (Samsonov, Sparks).
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

Dobber Sports Novice

thanks to everyone!! That are great advise. I'll try to draft Demko or maybe Hart/Samsonov
    15 Team - 40 players - Dress 20 (12F, 6D, 2G)
    G(4) A(2) Point(1) SoG(0,4) Bks(0,5) Hit(0,4) Hat trick(3) TK(1) GS(7) Ga(-4) Sv(0,4)
    Keeper league (number of keeper depend on ranking - 8 to 12 + 3 Rookies and all prospect)

F. Matthews, Tkachuk, Stamkos, McDavid, Scheifele, Fiala
    D. Rielly, Werenski, Parayko
    G. Brobrovsky
    R. Batherson,
    P. Denisenko, Tufte, Noël, Kratsov, Vehvilainen, Bjornfot, Beaudoin,

2016: 13e, 2017: 1er, 2018: 8e, 2019: 1er 2020: 4e

Dobber Sports Ninja

Demko
    Samsonov
    Gustavsson
    Hart
    Sorokin
    Oettinger
    Sparks
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Padawan

I realize he may not be as close as someone like Demko, but if he's available, I'm not too sure I'd pass up on Samsonov. He's considered to be the absolute best goalie prospect out there and if you can afford to wait a year, maybe two, I'd grab him quick. That's just me, though.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jshed2 View Post
    If you are looking at the next 2 years, my targets would be:

1) Saros - Rinne has one year left, they could decide to move on or at the very least a timeshare

2) Demko - VAN has been using Markstrom as a stopgap, it's his crease as early as the back end of this season if everything goes right for Demko.

3) Husso - Has been killing it in the AHL, and STL has not shown confidence in Allen. Similar timeline to Demko if everything goes his way.

4) Sorokin - Has proved himself in the KHL and now that Snow is gone might come over. Has the highest upside/opportunity on this list but he'd have to buy out his contract in the KHL and it is a very substantial risk that he never comes over.

5) Hart - Done everything he could at the CHL level. Elliot's contract is expiring so there is an outside chance he could be handed the reins next year but it is unlikely at best.

Out of the rest of your list, they either haven't proven to me they have starter upside any time soon (Gustavsson, Oettinger) or they are stuck behind a clear number 1 for their foreseeable future (Samsonov, Sparks).
    I like this list, but would put Samsonov on it, ahead of Hart. I am convinced Hart is not seeing NHL action this year, barring crazy injuries. The Flyers have Stolarz & Lyon in the system that seem adequate at least, and Sandstrom who is also likely to get AHL action.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Genius

Taking talent and wait time into account I’d rank your best options as

Demko
    Samsonov
    Hart
    Husso (if he’s available)
    Sorokin
    Shestyorkin
    Gusavsson
    Oettinger
    Sparks
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Where does Ullmark fit in here?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by SuperLight View Post
    Where does Ullmark fit in here?
    I'd probably snug him in 3rd below Demko & Samsonov. I believe Hart has a higher ceiling than Ullmark, but Linus is much closer to NHL regular duty than Hart, which is why I bump him.

Really, the biggest question with Demko isn't if he'll get the starting job, and barely when it'll happen. It's who's going to play D in front of him.

I'm hoping Juolevi gets to play in front of him in Utica this year; Hughes back to NCAA for a year and Tryamkin has said he's interested in returning to the Canucks when his contract expires in the KHL (he has 2 years left). And there are signs of solid depth Dmen coming along - Brisbois, Rathbone... further away - Woo.

I said last year, pretty much all year and nothing Van has done has altered my thinking - Demko will likely start the year in Utica, get a late fall call up and by Jan/Feb have started to steal the starting job from Markstrom/Nilsson. By the end of the year, it'll be his.

I don't know if you can really go wrong with any of demko, samsonov, hart, sorokyn.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Great insight here guys! I’m in a situation where I might be drafting one of the above for team 1 in sig. Except no farm makes me hesititate a little.

Dobber Sports Giant

I really like Ullmark compared to some of these guys if he is available. He could be seeing significant NHL action as soon as this season. He is the likely backup option behind Hutton, whom I believe is more of a stopgap / mentor option than a legitimate number 1 workhorse starter. I would certainly have him ahead of Hart, Samsonov, Sorokin, and maybe even Demko.

Another name to consider: Ville Husso. STL looks poised to have some very good years in the near future, but they need to sort out their goaltending situation if Allen ends up crapping the bed (again). Husso could fill that need, although I doubt his NHL impact could be as immediate as Ullmark. I’d probably value him similarly to Hart/Samsonov, but somewhere behind Demko/Ullmark.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin