Thread: PK Subban

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default PK Subban

How does everyone feel about PK Subban going into next year (points only)? Within his own team, as well as throughout the league?
    Will he continue to be the #1 on Nashville? Is he a 55+ point player?
    Is he looked at as a Top 5-10 Defenceman in the league, or does he fall into the 10-20 range?
    I am worried about a healthy Ryan Ellis taking away ice time (as well as Josi), and may sell high.

Thanks Everyone.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: PK Subban

That NAS team is crazy good, I don't see him much lower than 50 points but I see what you're saying in regards to time/point distribution between the D core now that they have Ellis back for an entire season.

I'd say this season he'll dip just out of the top 10 this up coming season, he'll be in the mix for years to come though.

Administrator

Way overthinking here

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

I think he will continue to be in that 8-15 range for scoring Dmen most years going forward. There are lots of good scoring Dmen in that range and I can see PK right there with them.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Way overthinking here
    Hey Eric,
    I very well probably am. Just trying to figure out whether he is worth a keeper, or as part of a package to move.
    If he falls into the 10, 15, 20 range, I may be able to find a similar comparable after a re-draft. Players like Provorov, Letang, Doughty, Ellis, Gostibehere, McAvoy, Byfuglien, Reilly all available in the draft.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by mapleleafs1967 View Post
    Hey Eric,
    I very well probably am. Just trying to figure out whether he is worth a keeper, or as part of a package to move.
    If he falls into the 10, 15, 20 range, I may be able to find a similar comparable after a re-draft. Players like Provorov, Letang, Doughty, Ellis, Gostibehere, McAvoy, Byfuglien, Reilly all available in the draft.
    I'd rather Ghost or Doughty over Subban depending on your league set up, at least in mine I would.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by B3tt3rMan View Post
    I'd rather Ghost or Doughty over Subban depending on your league set up, at least in mine I would.
    It's a little bit of a goofy set up.
    13 Teams. Points only. Only 3 D minimum required, 17 skaters overall. Waiver Wire is typically filled with 40-50 point dmen.
    Players are signed to contracts of different lengths, and when their contract is up, they return to the draft pool.
    To me, it seems like Subban gets the hype of a Karlsson, Burns, Hedman, but isn't quite at that level.
    Just curious whether the drop off from Subban to Reilly is worth the package I would get to move Subban this summer.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I like Reilly, he doesn't have anyone close to him in regards to taking his position on the team as TOR is lacking on the back end.

Subban has the opposite problem, that being said with the players you're guessing will be available come draft time I'd have no issues dropping Subban to better your team.

Dobber Sports Giant

Subban’s true value is in multi-cat / ROTO formats, and for that reason I’m actually going to advocate for maybe shopping him around your league to see if you could land a really nice keeper upgrade — and then draft a Ghost, Rielly, etc. as a replacement.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin