Thread: Brodeur vs Fluery vs Kipper

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Brodeur vs Fluery vs Kipper

How close are the value of these 3 tenders in a keeper league? Rank them and try to give me an idea of the disparity between them for this year and long term.

Dobber Sports Genius

1) Fleury. Young. On a team that should threaten for 100 points per season for the next few years. No apparent threats. Signed to a long term deal at reasonable money. You\'ll wish for more shutouts.

2) Brodeur. Yes, he\'s in the twilight. Look out Roy & Sawchuk, here comes the Marty Express. Winningest goalie in history by Christmas. No heir apparent. Still performing at a high level. Lots of shutouts. Coming off a \'bad year\' by Brodeur standards. First chinks in the armour may have appeared. New Jersey has upgraded. Everyone on the team had a bad year last year. Still three more good seasons in my guess-timation. 40 wins & 8 SO appear to be money in the bank.

3) Kipper. Chinks have been appearing in the armour for a couple of seasons now. I\'m not convinced he\'ll outlive Brodeur by a significant margin. No heir apparent. Team appears to be solid and should threaten for 100 points. 40 wins and 6 SO appear to be safe. It\'d be nice to see him find All-World form for a month, once again. He\'s the only tender in this trio that hasn\'t, and for some time.

Three of the elite tenders in the pool. I\'d probably trade by Kipper/Brodeur back & forth to collect change. Decent change. Fleury\'s youth is the kicker in this trio.

I currently have Brodeur & Fleury on my team. I gave up Luongo to get Kipper a year ago right now to save $4.0 or $5.0M in cap space (Zetts was in the deal too), I moved Kipper (cap implications) for Joe Thornton & change when his cap hit was $2.5M? Thornton is now Iggy. I worked and worked my cap space. Still a project in motion!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

+ Karma. Awesome post JHM.