View Poll Results: Please give me the lowdown on...

Voters
84. This poll is closed
  • Tyler Ennis

7 8.33%
  • Nazem Kadri

10 11.90%
  • Patrick Marleau

1 1.19%
  • Josh Leivo

4 4.76%
  • William Nylander

16 19.05%
  • Connor Brown

1 1.19%
  • Kasperi Kapanen

18 21.43%
  • Nikita Zaitsev

3 3.57%
  • Connor Carrick

6 7.14%
  • Zach Hyman

6 7.14%
  • Travis Dermott

12 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dobber's Lowdown feature - your input needed. Toronto Maple Leafs!

I...am your father.

Default Dobber's Lowdown feature - your input needed. Toronto Maple Leafs!

This year my "Lowdown" feature in the Fantasy Guide (https://www.dobbersports.com/shop) will be 100% reader-influenced. I would love your help determining which players to dig deep on and give my thoughts as to their immediate and long-term futures. Typically I stay away from the obvious superstars that will just take up valuable space (why should I tell you that Sidney Crosby is good - didn't you know that?). I also stay away from pure prospects that have in-depth profiles in the Fantasy Prospects Report, since three-quarters of the Guide customers also get the FPR (via the Keeper League Pack). What's left are the guys who are more of a question mark. The tough decisions.

We'll take the Top 2 players voted here and put them in our Facebook poll to get the final guy. Anaheim (Montour wins over Kase!), Arizona (Dvorak wins over Galchenyuk!), Boston (DeBrusk wins over Heinen!), Buffalo (A TIE! Reinhart tied Thompson so I guess I'll have to do TWO lowdowns for BUF!), Calgary (Lindholm over Bennett!), Carolina (Faulk ekes past Rask), Chicago (DeBrincat wins over Schmaltz!), Colorado (Girard wins over Jost!), Columbus (Dubois wins over Milano!), Dallas (Honka wins over Lindell!), Detroit (Svechnikov wins over Athanasiou!), Edmonton (Puljujarvi wins over Klefbom!), Florida (Matheson baaaaarely gets past Bjugstad 51% to 49%!), Los Angeles (Kempe over Toffoli!), Minnesota (Eriksson Ek over Coyle!), Montreal (Domi over Drouin!), Nashville (Fiala over Turris!), NY Islanders (Pulock over Beauvillier!) are already in the books, and the NYR and OTT and PHI polls are up NOW so check them out and vote https://www.facebook.com/DobberSports/

Today's poll - the Toronto Maple Leafs. Please vote!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Dobber's Lowdown feature - your input needed. Toronto Maple Leafs!

Screw it, I want to hear more about the Leafs new pint-sized Ennis. Will he satisfy his newest suitor or limp along and continue to disappoint fantasy owners.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Titan

Dermott for me. Again on my own though. Why do I bother?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Dermott for me. Again on my own though. Why do I bother?
    I almost went with Dermott, just sayin'
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I almost went with Dermott, just sayin'
    Right now you're the difference. Does that make you happy?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Right now you're the difference. Does that make you happy?
    No...I almost voted for Kapanen as well. So many choices and I want to hear about them all!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    No...I almost voted for Kapanen as well. So many choices and I want to hear about them all!
    Haha, I'm with you on that

Dobber Sports Monster

Zaitsev or Kapanen for me...the former because everyone's left him for dead and he could have a huge bounceback, and the latter because opinions on him vary widely and his role is so up in the air this year. I ultimately voted for Kapanen, but either of those two would be just fine.

If Zaitsev were to win I'd like to get a good take on what happened to him and if the illness he had was part of the reason why he became so inept on the ice.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Stud

Dermott for me as I own him in 3 of my leagues

Dobber Sports Deity

I went with Kadri. I am curious how Tavares coming in will affect his production.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Dammit, no Johnsson to vote for.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Dermott, I've liked what I've seen so far.

Administrator

#freeleivo

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

I went with Connor Carrick but who cares about the stupid Leafs anyway. They get enough media coverage and require no section in the guide hahaha.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Jedi

i went Kadri as JT could really decimate his value.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4