Thread: Is this trade offer worth it?

The Great One

Default Is this trade offer worth it?

12 team dynasty. 12F, 6D, 2G, 10 bench. 20 minors (100 GP)
    It's multicat, includes pretty much every key stat (including the dreaded plus-minus and PIMs)
    Last year I finished in 2nd place, but got bounced in the first round of the playoffs.

My: T.Jost + J.Greenway + E.Branstrom + E.Comrie
    His: P.Grubauer + C.Atkinson

I only have two NHL goalies (Dubnyk and Andersen) and goalies are by far the hardest to acquire and highest PPG players.

My minors would take a big hit, but I'd still have: L.Brown, Ho-Sang, Keller, Tolvanen, C.White, F.Gustavsson, I.Sherserkin.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Is this trade offer worth it?

Jost and Branstrom are the two that I would miss the most of those prospects. To get a 3rd goalie, likely to platoon at first with Grubs is a smart idea. I also wouldn't be surprised if you can find Greenway comparable or better for prospects on the WW. to replace some of that prospect depth. 12x20 seems deep, but I would not be shocked to find a couple D from Dobber's top 50D or even a top 50F available - Ian Mitchell, Troy Terry, are two that come to mind immediately. Terry isn't well kept secret he was six months ago... so possible now he's gone.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Icon

I really like Jost and Greenway so I don't like that part, and I am not sold on Grubs, but it looks like this might be the type of league where that's what you pay for G (?)
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

The Great One

Update: so I ended up going smaller, and traded E.Comrie + J.Greenway for P.Grubauer. While Atkinson would be nice, I'm not sure I want to part with T.Jost and E.Brannstrom to get there.

Thanks to you both for chiming in; rep'ed you both.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Update: so I ended up going smaller, and traded E.Comrie + J.Greenway for P.Grubauer. While Atkinson would be nice, I'm not sure I want to part with T.Jost and E.Brannstrom to get there.
    I like the revised deal better for you. Well done.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Padawan

2nd offer is good imo