Thread: Carlson vs Hamilton

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Carlson vs Hamilton

League info is below. Does Carlson repeat his career year or regress a bit? Does Hamilton put up career numbers in Carolina?

Can trade my Carlson for Hamilton+. Cap league so that would save me a little over $2m. Was looking at Bjork as the plus or possibly a bigger deal involving Ehlers and Hamilton for my Carlson and Yandle. Thoughts?

4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 2G
    36 player roster with $90m cap

16 team league salary cap dynasty using AAV
    H2H fantasy points

Skater scoring
    g=1.5 (2.0 for d)
    a,shp=1 (1.5 for d)
    hit,bs,pim,shot=0.1
    ppp,gwg,+/-=0.5

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Carlson vs Hamilton

I really like the setup of the bigger deal. To get Hamilton and Ehlers for Carlson and Yandle... I like that in many ways!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

The Great One

One thing to keep in mind is Hamilton is not a great multi-cat stat stuffer, but then again nor is Yandle. I also think this might be the year where Ekblad pushes Yandle aside a bit, as Ekblad has something like 75% of his point in the second half of the season. But Ehlers will be stifled until/unless he gets PP1 time, and it's not clear when that will happen. As for Carlson, I think he might ease off the gas pedal, but not by much, and he was among the top three defensemen in the league in terms of how much more PP time he got compared to the next highest defenseman on the same team. Plus, they need his right handed shot to set up Ovi, so he's a lock to stay on PP1.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Genius

Carlson still has that cushy gig at the top of the PP1 so he’ll keep rocking it but I’m not expecting more than 55-60 for points and at his new cap hit I’m not sure he’ll be as valuable as Hamilton who should be getting all the opportunity he can handle in Carolina.

On top of that I’d trade Yandle for Ehlers in a heartbeat even with Ehlers being held back somewhat so yeah, I think that bigger deal would be a solid move for you.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Legend

I think Carlson will be a rock solid 55-60 point player, but I don't expect 68 again. He got his contract, teams will be gunning for the Caps, there will be some Cup hangover.
    Hamilton should take the next step in Carolina, especially if Faulk is moved and Dougie is handed the keys to the Cadillac. 52-58 points this year for him.
    If you could land Hamilton and Ehlers for Carlson and Yandle, you should be driving a getaway car.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

In a cap league I snap accept the Carlson + Yandle for Hamilton + Ehlers. Hamilton and Ehlers are both on very cap friendly deals, which makes both easy to move if you want later on/increase their value. Carlson @ 8M is borderline not worth it to me and Yandle is an aging asset with a clear successor (Ekblad). Unless you are very shallow on D and can't afford to lose Yandle I'd do this. If you are shallow on D I'd still do Carlson for Hamilton +. Not sure what other options are open to you but Bjork is ok, might try to see if you could get a bit more.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

Dobber Sports Giant

count me on the Hamilton side of things, as well. Great contract, and should be entering a situation where he gets all the productive ice time he can manage.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Ninja

I prefer Carlson over a Hamilton/Bjork deal, but the Ehlers/Hamilton for Carlson/Yandle deal would be great upside for you.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket