Thread: Post expansion draft question

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Post expansion draft question

Fellas. Just had our expansion draft and I got a question. Team in Sig. We are going down to 18 skaters and 3 goalies. We each had two players taken in the draft from the new GM. I need to replace one and the other does not get replaced. Looking at my team, who would you guys drop in a points only pool? Scoring system is in Sig as well. I plan on dropping Eakin, Anisimov and Panik. Two players will be replaced with Ho Sang and Kamanev as they need to be brought up. One will be replaced with hopefully Terry or Zykov off the waiver. I was thinking about cutting Brodie loose. Demko will be called up to replace Ward. I'm a bottom barrel team so not too worried if Demko doesn't play this year. Hopefully this question makes sense. Thanks, all!
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Post expansion draft question

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    Hopefully this question makes sense.
    Not to me, buddy. How many guys do you need to drop? Anyway, I'll try to give you an answer! I would be very comfortable in dropping Eakin. Anisimov and Panik are worth dropping over some other guys with potential, if you are seriously rebuilding, I guess. Snatching Terry and Zykov would be nice. Also, if you are indeed rebuilding: with no positionnal requirement, I would try and look to trade Shattenkirk and Ekblad for forwards. D-men always have lower floors that forwards. What I mean by that is that I would prefer a regular 45 pts F (or ideally a 45 pts F with potential!) than Shattenkirk in such a setting.

Good luck!

- Rob
    H2H - 16 teams - Auction (225 $ cap), cap up to 300$ after auction on any drafted player.
    Keep 3, +7$ each year. Keep 5 farm (cost 1$ to dress).[/I]

Points (1), Defense goals (2), Powerplay Points (0.5), GWG (0.5), ShG (0.5)

10 F 4 D 1 G 5 bench 10 farm

F: Kucherov (41$), Pettersson (15$), Marner (29$), Wheller (55$), Landeskog (18$), Horvat (15$), Meier (16$), Fiala (1$), Beauvillier (1$), Getzlaf (1$)
    D: Barrie (17$), Fox (1$), Girard (1$), Trouba (2$)
    G: Markstrom (6$)

Bench: Athanasiou, Granlund, Gostisbehere, Matheson, Garland

Farm: Boldy, Gurianov, Puljujarvi, Dach, Glass, Kaprizov, Patrick, Sanheim, Tomasino, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Post expansion draft question

Quote Originally Posted by quantaloup View Post
    Not to me, buddy. How many guys do you need to drop? Anyway, I'll try to give you an answer! I would be very comfortable in dropping Eakin. Anisimov and Panik are worth dropping over some other guys with potential, if you are seriously rebuilding, I guess. Snatching Terry and Zykov would be nice. Also, if you are indeed rebuilding: with no positionnal requirement, I would try and look to trade Shattenkirk and Ekblad for forwards. D-men always have lower floors that forwards. What I mean by that is that I would prefer a regular 45 pts F (or ideally a 45 pts F with potential!) than Shattenkirk in such a setting.

Good luck!

- Rob
    Hi Rob. Thanks for the reply. I'll try to explain it more so it makes sense.

Basically I don't really have to drop anyone. I need to replace one of the two guys I lost in the expansion draft so we'd be at 18 skaters and 3 goalies. Anisimov, Panik and Eakin are just being dropped because they don't hold much value in our league and I also have players on my taxi squad that need to be called up or I lose them. Besides that, I really just want to know who else I could drop that might not be a good player to have in a points only league.

Hopefully that clarifies it more. Thanks again!
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov