Thread: Crossing into the USA from Canada Once Pot is Legal

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Crossing into the USA from Canada Once Pot is Legal

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/smo...rder-1.4718571

Anyone else following this story with interest? For the record, I do not smoke pot, but find this issue very interesting. As of 17 October 2018, Canadians can legally buy and smoke pot and edibles will be faced with a difficult decision - lie about their legal pot smoking or possibly face a lifetime ban from entering the USA. I guess if they get caught lying, they could be banned as well. Just a weird situation as pot is legal in what, three states now? Quite the dilemma for many Canadian citizens.

I get that the question is nothing new when crossing the border, but come October, there will very likely be a lot more pot smokers in Canada.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Crossing into the USA from Canada Once Pot is Legal

It's definitely an interesting situation. If Trump wasn't the President, I don't think I would be too concerned about this. However, who knows what will happen now. He could certainly throw a wrench into things.

About your point about there to be likely to be more pot smokers in Canada, I am not sure that is going to happen. I have a feeling, that people who are inclined to smoke pot, aren't not doing it now on the grounds that it's currently illegal. I would think, that if you are going to do it, you would do it. I am not sure how many never-smoked-before people, are going to flock to the dispensaries to try it when it becomes legal. I have a feeling that people are just going to be honest about it now. It is an interesting topic though; I would like to see the stats.

Rylant