Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Matthews/Karlsson

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Matthews/Karlsson

Would you trade Matthews for Karlsson?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Matthews/Karlsson

Yes! McDavid is probably the only person I wouldn’t trade straight up for him.

Dobber Sports Deity

Tough giving up Matthews but this is a legit trade for both teams, especially when I look at your D and how many you start.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

My main concern with him would be health (ankle) and whether or not he can return to form prior to his surgery. I'd be cautious here.

The Great One

Just so I have this straight, there are only 5 teams in this league? And it's points only? I'm trying to figure out how/why Dermott is rostered. It's really hard giving advice on a trade of this magnitude because your signature is vague and the format is very unusual. Based on the information there, my instinct is to keep Matthews, unless you think Karlsson is the difference between winning and losing a championship.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Penman View Post
    My main concern with him would be health (ankle) and whether or not he can return to form prior to his surgery. I'd be cautious here.
    All due respect, it's not like Matthews has been a picture of health in his young career to this point either.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Just so I have this straight, there are only 5 teams in this league? And it's points only? I'm trying to figure out how/why Dermott is rostered. It's really hard giving advice on a trade of this magnitude because your signature is vague and the format is very unusual. Based on the information there, my instinct is to keep Matthews, unless you think Karlsson is the difference between winning and losing a championship.
    Sorry I guess it is a little vague. 15 teams. 5 in each division. The format is very unusual. That's how they've been doing it for 20 plus years though

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Based on your setup, I think Karlsson would be hugely valuable. Replacing Oesterle w/ Karlsson as your 5th D option in a league where you start two lines of D is great. Any combination of Karlsson, Ghostbear, Risto, and Krug will have you sitting pretty.

Matthews is great but you still have McDavid and a larger pool of offence to select from up front.

10 TEAM FANTRAX LEAGUE (Salary Cap)
    23 Man Roster (Keep 16) + 12 Minors

G, A, PIM, SOG, STP, HIT, BLK, TK, FOW
    W, SV%, GAA, SO

C: Tavares, Pettersson, Bergeron, Dubois, Trocheck, Gaudette
    RW: J. Anderson, Coleman, Garland, Puljujarvi, Hoglander
    LW: Tkachuck, Miller, Goodrow, Mangiapane
    D: McAvoy, DeAngelo, Krug, Borowiecki, Gustafsson, Lindgren
    G: Shesterkin, Samsonov

Minors: Kahkonen, Sandin, Jarvis, Rasmussen, Elvenes, Abramov, Morin, Brisson, Clague, Gilbert, Hoglander, Timmins
    IR: Kucherov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd do that immediately. Karlsson is much higher over replacement level at D versus Matthews at C.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm on the other side.

If I am understanding the signature correctly, it's 4 forward lines, so 12F total, vs 2D lines, so 4D total. 12F vs 4D makes forwards more valuable here, so I'm holding onto Matthews.

You already have decent D and some solid prospects in the pipelines. Your forwards are good, but there is more room for improvement there. This deal is counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    I'm on the other side.

If I am understanding the signature correctly, it's 4 forward lines, so 12F total, vs 2D lines, so 4D total. 12F vs 4D makes forwards more valuable here, so I'm holding onto Matthews.
    I read it as 4 each of LW, C, RW, and D.

#61 Center last year = 49 points.
    #61 Defenseman last year = 29 points.

Karlsson can straight up outscore Matthews, but Matthews has to outscore Karlsson by a lot to make this even.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    I'm on the other side.

You already have decent D and some solid prospects in the pipelines. Your forwards are good, but there is more room for improvement there. This deal is counterproductive.
    I see your point. The league is definitely weighted towards forwards, which means that the FA pool will have less forwards available than in a 6F x 4D league. I think I was thinking about the size of the league and the scarcity of top offensive defensemen in general.

Though, even if we compare the 121st ranked forward (46 points) with the 61st d-man (29 points)... I think I'd still lean Karlsson.
    10 TEAM FANTRAX LEAGUE (Salary Cap)
    23 Man Roster (Keep 16) + 12 Minors

G, A, PIM, SOG, STP, HIT, BLK, TK, FOW
    W, SV%, GAA, SO

C: Tavares, Pettersson, Bergeron, Dubois, Trocheck, Gaudette
    RW: J. Anderson, Coleman, Garland, Puljujarvi, Hoglander
    LW: Tkachuck, Miller, Goodrow, Mangiapane
    D: McAvoy, DeAngelo, Krug, Borowiecki, Gustafsson, Lindgren
    G: Shesterkin, Samsonov

Minors: Kahkonen, Sandin, Jarvis, Rasmussen, Elvenes, Abramov, Morin, Brisson, Clague, Gilbert, Hoglander, Timmins
    IR: Kucherov

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I read it as 4 each of LW, C, RW, and D.

#61 Center last year = 49 points.
    #61 Defenseman last year = 29 points.

Karlsson can straight up outscore Matthews, but Matthews has to outscore Karlsson by a lot to make this even.
    4 lines forwards and 2 lines D
    LW C RW
    LW C RW
    LW C RW
    LW C RW
    D D
    D D

Quote Originally Posted by Tfan5211 View Post
    4 lines forwards and 2 lines D
    LW C RW
    LW C RW
    LW C RW
    LW C RW
    D D
    D D
    That is exactly 4 of each, like I said. The guys calling it 12 F & 4 D have it wrong.

Big Daddy

Curious if this was proposed to you or if you are considering making the offer? Personally I?d keep Matthews here. Why break up a McDavid-Matthews 1-2 punch?