Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: [SIGNED] Tavares in Toronto

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: [SIGNED] Tavares in Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    Man, that would be a hard pill to swallow for EDM... Hall for Larsson, then Larsson for Kapanen or Johnsson.
    Was thinking the same thing. But new management in Edmonton. Fans will feel it. Not Holland’s issue. I’d rather shoot higher than Larson and move a bigger fish that could be rediculously dynamic with McDavid or Draisai. Imagine Marner flanking either? I’d tune in late night to see those games. Just the imaginative creativity that he’d bring on either of their right side.
    Wow!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Was thinking the same thing. But new management in Edmonton. Fans will feel it. Not Holland’s issue. I’d rather shoot higher than Larson and move a bigger fish that could be rediculously dynamic with McDavid or Draisai. Imagine Marner flanking either? I’d tune in late night to see those games. Just the imaginative creativity that he’d bring on either of their right side.
    Wow!
    If you're the Leafs tho, does any D on the Oil even slightly move the needle if it's Marner going the other way...?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    If you're the Leafs tho, does any D on the Oil even slightly move the needle if it's Marner going the other way...?
    Nurse > Klefbom to start. Larsson is a good 3/4 and not worth Hall I’ll still say. And EDM is not moving Bear. Given the need for a R shot, very interested in a Klefbom/Jones acquisition. That’s a start. But I think I saw Axe or EB mention Hanifin? Another Lshot solves nothing. First stop EDM then let’s go surfing for another R shot 2nd pairing D. Johnsson? KAPPY (as much as that pains me). Johnsson/Kerfoot would be perfect.

Dobber Sports Titan

Nurse > Klefbom to start. Larsson is a good 3/4 and not worth Hall I’ll still say. And EDM is not moving Bear. Given the need for a R shot, very interested in a Klefbom/Jones acquisition. That’s a start. But I think I saw Axe or EB mention Hanifin? Another Lshot solves nothing. First stop EDM then let’s go surfing for another R shot 2nd pairing D. Johnsson? KAPPY (as much as that pains me). Johnsson/Kerfoot would be perfect.
    I'm saying a Hanifin type as his name came up in Leafs rumours a while back. I don't think he's the fit now.

The best fit for the Leafs would be Scott Mayfield. Excellent contract, size, toughness, right shot, and can hold his own. Checks all the boxes.
    Plus the Isles also have Boychuk, Pulock, and Dobson as RD, so they could move him.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I'm saying a Hanifin type as his name came up in Leafs rumours a while back. I don't think he's the fit now.

The best fit for the Leafs would be Scott Mayfield. Excellent contract, size, toughness, right shot, and can hold his own. Checks all the boxes.
    Plus the Isles also have Boychuk, Pulock, and Dobson as RD, so they could move him.
    Yup. Mayfield would fit in nicely. And maybe he and liljegren could flip
    Flop that right side. But they still need a legit top 4 pairing guy. The Klefbom suggestion was thinking a Marner move. Maybe another cat In the same Ire as Mayfield could do it and keep Marner. But like I said before. The only untouchables should be Matthews/JT and Rielly. And Andersen move needs to make sense and wouldn’t happen before the deadline next year.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Nylander should have been signed for $5-6M (based on comparatives) and Marner should have been hard caped at $9. So he’s over paid by $3-4M.
    It's easy for you to say that as an arm-chair quarterback, but who's to say either of these guys would still be on the team today if Dubas held his ground.

Nylander I think would have caved eventually and Dubas should have drawn a line in the sand and held firm there. That would have given him more credibility and leverage for the Marner negotiation.

Having said that, there's no way in hell we would have signed Marner for $9M at that time given the breakout season he had and the size of the contracts JT and AM just signed.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    It's easy for you to say that as an arm-chair quarterback, but who's to say either of these guys would still be on the team today if Dubas held his ground.

Nylander I think would have caved eventually and Dubas should have drawn a line in the sand and held firm there. That would have given him more credibility and leverage for the Marner negotiation.

Having said that, there's no way in hell we would have signed Marner for $9M at that time given the breakout season he had and the size of the contracts JT and AM just signed.
    I’m guessing you meant to say Arm Chair GM (cause I ain’t no QB Blaze)... but my response to that is consistent with what I’m saying now. Nylander likely caves... If it means Marner isn’t on the team anymore, then he has $10M plus to invest in what the team REALLY NEEDS. Ultimately we may be talking about Marner being shipped out this off season for the betterment of the team. My suggestion ... if he failed to sign Marner not only saves $10M but also lands an asset or two last off season. And maybe the leafs get their much needed D to start this past season. And maybe that helps them advance this year... avoiding another lost year. I’m still not seeing the down side Blaze. Leaf fans have to let go of the guys that really aren’t helping the future. This is no slight in Marner. Guys a beast. But he’s still #3 on the team at forward. I’d take a 1/2 Young quality D at this points. Kappy/Johnsson can do what Marner does on line 2. Soupy too. Maybe even robertson.

The Great One

Dealing with Edmonton to improve the Defense??? You gotta be kidding me. Talk about asinine. They should target Montour for sure as well Colin Miller. Vegas underrates and underutilizes him. He’s so good. That’s the sort of player they need to target. And talk to Carolina about a non Gardiner D.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Dealing with Edmonton to improve the Defense??? You gotta be kidding me. Talk about asinine.
    This. You don't find a team with a porous D, and target one of their players. Go find a team with too many D where the team is actually decent on defense, young, or both.

Reilly & Sandin of course stay.
    I'm assuming Holl & Muzzin stay, since they have new contracts starting up.
    I'd be willing to bring Dermott back.
    They have Lehtonen coming over, and that should help, I'm guessing he's a middle pairing guy at worst.
    Rosen & Marincin are cheap depth, but that gets you to 8 already, and how good are they? Good enough to be worth rostering?

Ceci was an expensive gamble, and Barrie a cheap one. Neither are likely back. Muzzin is getting what Muzzin + Barrie made last year, so that leaves you Ceci's 4.5 million, plus what you free up elsewhere to make progress.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Dealing with Edmonton to improve the Defense??? You gotta be kidding me. Talk about asinine. They should target Montour for sure as well Colin Miller. Vegas underrates and underutilizes him. He’s so good. That’s the sort of player they need to target. And talk to Carolina about a non Gardiner D.
    I was simply asked if anyone in Edmonton would move the needle. No one But shit on that entire team. Asinine is my word but you managed to make it work.

Miller I like. Not so sure about Montour. All bottom pairings. I was looking for a line mate for Rielly or leader for that 2nd pairing. But both guys would be good depth D.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Miller is with Buffalo now.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by sweetcelly View Post
    Also underutilized in Buffalo
    I still think he gets picked by Seattle next year.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    This. You don't find a team with a porous D, and target one of their players. Go find a team with too many D where the team is actually decent on defense, young, or both.

Reilly & Sandin of course stay.
    I'm assuming Holl & Muzzin stay, since they have new contracts starting up.
    I'd be willing to bring Dermott back.
    They have Lehtonen coming over, and that should help, I'm guessing he's a middle pairing guy at worst.
    Rosen & Marincin are cheap depth, but that gets you to 8 already, and how good are they? Good enough to be worth rostering?

Ceci was an expensive gamble, and Barrie a cheap one. Neither are likely back. Muzzin is getting what Muzzin + Barrie made last year, so that leaves you Ceci's 4.5 million, plus what you free up elsewhere to make progress.
    Can’t argue with SteveGamer though. This would be a good strategy for young Dubas.

Rosen and Marincin do not belong on this roster if the goal is advancement. Maybe 7/8 but not top 6 IMO. Sandin and Liljegren are the needle movers.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by sweetcelly View Post
    Lol... didn’t even notice that he said he was in Vegas.

Asinine! Lol.

The Great One

Lol... didn’t even notice that he said he was in Vegas.

Asinine! Lol.
    Indeed. See how little Vegas values him? He’s gone.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch