Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zach Fucale

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Zach Fucale

Where does he go from here? From what I've read, when he's on he's unstoppable, but he's too prone to letting in weak goals. Talent is there but at 23 he surely has time to find consistency in ECHL or AHL somewhere?

Is he worth a stash in a farm team that has 27 spots in 14-team H2H league (not team in signature)? Better to wait to see where he signs next?
    ESPN keeper league (5 rounds draft; 3 FA pickups per year; points for G, A, W, SO)

Forwards: Ovechkin, McDavid, Huberdeau, Voracek, Boeser, Wennberg, Galchenyuk, Tkachuk, Keller, Arvidsson, Teravainen, Rantanen
    D-men: Letang, Keith, Krug, Ellis, Ekblad, Hanifin
    Goalies: Murray, Hellebuyck

Bench: Hertl, Bjorkstrand, Gallagher, Domi, Tolvanen, Niskanen, Chychrun, Darling, Mrazek, Jarry

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Zach Fucale

I would wait and see where he signs. If he signs somewhere overseas I don't think it is worth it to keep on your farm spot. IF he signs on a farm team for someone where there might be opportunity (Carolina) then maybe worth stashing in a deep league.

Dobber Sports Wizard

The Panthers have just one goalie in their system, they definitely need to add at least one more this summer. Not sure if Fucale is a fit but I would gamble with him if I was them. Put him in the AHL to battle it out with Montembeault. Create competition for both of them but allow either one to emerge if that happens.

Luongo will probably spend some time on IR, so their #3 goalie is going to see some time in the NHL.

Administrator

I don't think he is worth stashing until he FINALLY shows some signs of improvement. Sure he's still 23 and anything can happen but you can come up with a couple hundred other guys in the same boat as Fucale. There has to be a better prospect available.

Context: I'm in two different 24-team dynasty leagues with 27 farm spots in both leagues. Fucale doesn't come close to being worth adding on either of my teams.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Remember when everyone thought he was the next superstar goalie prospect? Seems like ages ago. Goalies are so damn hard to predict. If I ran an NHL team, I would never draft a goalie in the first round.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Remember when everyone thought he was the next superstar goalie prospect? Seems like ages ago. Goalies are so damn hard to predict. If I ran an NHL team, I would never draft a goalie in the first round.
    This is why I rarely acquire prospect goalies and certainly won't overpay for any of them.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Context: I'm in two different 24-team dynasty leagues with 27 farm spots in both leagues. Fucale doesn't come close to being worth adding on either of my teams.
    I hear ya, but this league seems particularly tight on young goalie prospects because it's practically impossible to acquire them. That's why I'm scraping the bottom of the proverbial barrel looking for anything that's undervalued.

Thanks everyone for the advice. It doesn't cost me anything to fill in that AHL spot (currently empty) so I may just stash him before another GM takes him, with the hope that he signs somewhere like Florida or Carolina.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Poutine View Post
    I hear ya, but this league seems particularly tight on young goalie prospects because it's practically impossible to acquire them. That's why I'm scraping the bottom of the proverbial barrel looking for anything that's undervalued.

Thanks everyone for the advice. It doesn't cost me anything to fill in that AHL spot (currently empty) so I may just stash him before another GM takes him, with the hope that he signs somewhere like Florida or Carolina.
    So you are saying you you want roster Fucale just to have prospect goalies on your roster? I guess it's not completely out of the question for him to find his way down the road. He's still only 23 years old and considering most goalies don't even find their way to the NHL until they are closer to 25, there's still hope for him but it's fading quickly.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    So you are saying you you want roster Fucale just to have prospect goalies on your roster?
    Yes, correct. I have a gap between my young prospects (Vladar, Oettinger) and NHL roster goalies (Lundqvist, Howard, Raanta). My only goalies in that gap right now are Hunter Miska, Jared Coreau and Linus Ullmark (and he's set to be in a 1A/1B role this year in Buffalo).

Sorry, I should've listed these goalies in my original post.
    ESPN keeper league (5 rounds draft; 3 FA pickups per year; points for G, A, W, SO)

Forwards: Ovechkin, McDavid, Huberdeau, Voracek, Boeser, Wennberg, Galchenyuk, Tkachuk, Keller, Arvidsson, Teravainen, Rantanen
    D-men: Letang, Keith, Krug, Ellis, Ekblad, Hanifin
    Goalies: Murray, Hellebuyck

Bench: Hertl, Bjorkstrand, Gallagher, Domi, Tolvanen, Niskanen, Chychrun, Darling, Mrazek, Jarry

Administrator

Fucale isn't really the answer to any problem so if you have a "gap" just accept reality and add a skater prospect.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Poutine View Post
    Yes, correct. I have a gap between my young prospects (Vladar, Oettinger) and NHL roster goalies (Lundqvist, Howard, Raanta). My only goalies in that gap right now are Hunter Miska, Jared Coreau and Linus Ullmark (and he's set to be in a 1A/1B role this year in Buffalo).

Sorry, I should've listed these goalies in my original post.
    try looking at someone like Kahkonen Minn rather than Fucale. he's an NHL back up at best at this point. Time to cut the cord.

My question: how large is your prospect roster? There's something to be said for carrying too many G prospects when they only account for 2 spots (normally) on a fantasy team
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    try looking at someone like Kahkonen Minn rather than Fucale. he's an NHL back up at best at this point. Time to cut the cord.

My question: how large is your prospect roster? There's something to be said for carrying too many G prospects when they only account for 2 spots (normally) on a fantasy team
    Kahkonen is already taken. This is what I mean. About 4-5 GMs load up on goalie prospects and there's none left for anyone else!

We have an AHL roster with 27 spots and junior spots are unlimited. It's generally a tough league to make trades so waiver claims and drafts seem to be the way to build your roster.

More background on the league format (I'll add this to my signature so I don't have to give away bits of info at a time)
    NHL Roster: 3C 3LW 3RW 3F 5D 2G 8bench Unlimited IR+
    Scoring Cats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG - W, SV%, SO, GAA, SVS Made
    Salary Cap: 30mil floating above nhl cap.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'd start looking at all teams G depth charts and looking for available G's, there's bound to be few... Fucale is just going in the wrong direction.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

Better idea: stop forcing the issue with prospect goalies, add the best NHL prospects available regardless of position. You're wasting roster spots if you're hanging onto goalies this far off the radar.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Fucale isn't really the answer to any problem so if you have a "gap" just accept reality and add a skater prospect.
    This would be my suggestion as well.