Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trader's Remorse?

The Great One

Default Re: Trader's Remorse?

Quote Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
    When everyone is running from the fire I tend to run into the fire albeit cheaply. Someone has to shoot, score, PIM as well as HB.
    But passing on Zadina (or Walhstrom) for Tkacuk is not exactly doing in 'cheaply', at least IMO is isn't.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    But passing on Zadina (or Walhstrom) for Tkacuk is not exactly doing in 'cheaply', at least IMO is isn't.
    I just meant acquiring Ottawa players in fantasy. The only thing I could think of, they're trying to be as competitive as possible next year so their pick doesn't suck for Colorado to cash in. Trade Karlsson at the deadline, draft an NHL player at 4 etc.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Artamus View Post
    I might be experiencing some trader's remorse....

In this pool, only newly drafted NHL players are drafted in our entry draft. Shooting from the hip yesterday, I flipped the 6th overall pick in this years draft for Henrik Borgstrom.

After having a better look at the 2018 crop, am starting to wonder if I might have been smarter to use that pick on a guy like Wahlstrom, Dobson, Hughes, Boqvist.

Initially, my thoughts were that Borgstrom is definitely high-end....and two years older than this crop, and therefore NHL-ready. FLA is deep in exciting young talent, and Borgstrom promises to be a part of something good.......but the more I read on Wahlstrom, the more I wonder if he's going to be the better option, based on his eventual plum spot on Barzal/Tavares(?) wing. Hard to ignore the pedigrees of the 3 d-men as well.

Note: I also have the 4th overall pick and intend to take one of Zadina or Tkachuk. I wouldn't expect either of these guys to be available at pick 6.

Should I have held onto the pick, or is Borgstrom a more attractive own?

(pool info in sig block)
    This was a good trade for you.

Take Zadina at #4 if available.

Dobber Sports Master

You traded long wait for a shorter wait. I dont see the downside. People are always keen to take these long term babysitting jobs. I aint got time for that. I'm always keener to take the guys that is closer to producing fantasy points. In this case, it is doubtful that the 6th pick will give you fantasy points soon.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Speaking of the Ottawa dumpster fire, do you guys think Stone and/or Duchene have any chance of maintaining production if everyone else is gone? Stone in particular had a good pace going last season.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
    When everyone is running from the fire I tend to run into the fire albeit cheaply. Someone has to shoot, score, PIM as well as HB.
    I too tend to like this philosophy. Tkachuk will be just fine. He's a competitor, and will feel compelled to show the world that he's just as good (or better) than his brother. The points may not show up immediately, but given the Sens patchwork (brutal) top nine, Tkachuk has a relatively clear path up the depth chart.....especially since the organization is going to want to justify that early pick, and give their disenchanted fan-base something to cheer about.
    Hanson Bros Fantasy Hockey League
    12 Team Roto (25 player roster w/10 player farm), Goals, Assists, Pts, PPP, BS, Hits, PIM, GAA, Wins, SV%
    Yahoo Pool - 82 GP per spot. Full Keeper
    Reigning Champion - 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2017-18
    F- MacKinnon, Kucherov, Schwartz, Boeser, Pastrnak, E.Kane, Rackell, Dvorak, Lee, Borgstrom, Connor, Johnsson
    D- Karlsson, Ristolainen, Hedman, Edler, Zadorov,
    G- Murray, Kinkaid
    Bench- Greenway, Saros, Jarry, Montour
    Farm: Gaudette, Patrick, Makar, Tolvanen, Hague, Kostin, Shesterkin, Sparks, Stuart Skinner, Colton Point

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenInferno View Post
    Speaking of the Ottawa dumpster fire, do you guys think Stone and/or Duchene have any chance of maintaining production if everyone else is gone? Stone in particular had a good pace going last season.
    I personally dont see Stone staying on the trajectory he set last year. No fault of his own. His step back wont be huge though. Maybe just a plateau. Duchene really cranked up the heat late last season, after a brutal start as a Sen. I'm valuing him for this next season somewhere in between the two extremes. 60 points(ish). He and Stone will be expected to do almost all of the heavy lifting up front, which means tons of PP time, and as much EV TOI as they can reasonably handle.

All that said.......so much depends on if EK65 is around.....and if he's not, what comes back for him.
    12 Team Roto (25 player roster w/10 player farm), Goals, Assists, Pts, PPP, BS, Hits, PIM, GAA, Wins, SV%
    F- MacKinnon, Kucherov, Schwartz, Boeser, Pastrnak, E.Kane, Rackell, Dvorak, Lee, Borgstrom, Connor, Johnsson
    G- Murray, Kinkaid
    Farm: Gaudette, Patrick, Makar, Tolvanen, Hague, Kostin, Shesterkin, Sparks, Stuart Skinner, Colton Point

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    You traded long wait for a shorter wait. I dont see the downside. People are always keen to take these long term babysitting jobs. I aint got time for that. I'm always keener to take the guys that is closer to producing fantasy points. In this case, it is doubtful that the 6th pick will give you fantasy points soon.
    Thanks. Yeah. My thoughts when I made the trade. If 20 yr old Borgstrom were drafted among this crop, where would he fall?

Possibly as early as 3rd.
    G- Murray, Kinkaid

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    This was a good trade for you.

Take Zadina at #4 if available.
    Thanks JP. As mentioned, I love that he had a chip on his shoulder after slipping a few spots. He'll have a point to prove.
    G- Murray, Kinkaid