Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: [TRADE] Hurricanes deal Hanifin, Lindholm to CAL for Hamilton, Ferland, Fox

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: [TRADE] Hurricanes deal Hanifin, Lindholm to CAL for Hamilton, Ferland, Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    Do tell, RA
    Calgary traded one of the best offensive defensmen in the NHL, a legitimate #1D signed at a bargain contract for 3 more years, a serviceable middle six forward making under $2 million and was on pace for 30 goals at mid season before his line and consistency took a nose dive, and one of the top defensive prospects outside the NHL, not to mention both are RHD which are a more scarce commodity in the NHL

For

A #4D you hope might develop to a #2D at best who shoots left and is an RFA who probably has similar contract demands to Hamilton and a middle six winger who’s topped out at 17 goals and 45 points and is an RFA asking 5x5.

Hamilton and Ferland for Hanifin and Lindholm would have been an overpayment. Adding in Fox is asinine.

As to Als addendum, their draft slot is irrelevant at this point. Their performance to date is all that matters now.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: [TRADE] Hurricanes deal Hanifin, Lindholm to CAL for Hamilton, Ferland, Fox

This does look bad for Calgary but it's possible Fox wouldn't have signed with them. If you exclude him, I think the deal is fine for them. If Carolina gets him signed and don't lose him to UFA after his college career is over, then they probably end up winning this deal.

Faulk is probably gone from Carolina now. Hamilton and Pesce on the right side is enough for them.

https://theathletic.com/405459/2018/...emendous-cost/

Smarter people than me, if you care. Plain and simple, even if you felt you had to trade Hamilton, and you had to trade Ferland, and you didn’t think Fox would sign, this is awful value and asset management and neither player Calgary acquired has nearly as much “future potential” as people want to pretend they do.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Calgary traded one of the best offensive defensmen in the NHL, a legitimate #1D signed at a bargain contract for 3 more years, a serviceable middle six forward making under $2 million and was on pace for 30 goals at mid season before his line and consistency took a nose dive, and one of the top defensive prospects outside the NHL, not to mention both are RHD which are a more scarce commodity in the NHL

For

A #4D you hope might develop to a #2D at best who shoots left and is an RFA who probably has similar contract demands to Hamilton and a middle six winger who’s topped out at 17 goals and 45 points and is an RFA asking 5x5.

Hamilton and Ferland for Hanifin and Lindholm would have been an overpayment. Adding in Fox is asinine.

As to Als addendum, their draft slot is irrelevant at this point. Their performance to date is all that matters now.
    Solid points, but Ferland had a career year IMO and is not a legit 30-goal threat. Hanifin and Lindholm both have upsides higher than I think you have granted them, and the Flames get a substantial upgrade at RW who can also play C. Hanifin is only 21 and surpassed 30 points in his 20 year old season on the 2nd PP unit. No way this is so badly one-sided.

Nothing about Lindholm’s performance to date indicates he’s a substantial upgrade on Ferland. Hanifin’s best case range of outcomes (best case) is what Hamilton already is. He’s unlikely to get there.

Dobber Sports Ace

For

This was pretty much my first thought as well. I think they should've gotten more for Dougie here. It's also a little strange Dougie has been traded 2x already though, no?

The Great One

Nothing about Lindholm’s performance to date indicates he’s a substantial upgrade on Ferland. Hanifin’s best case range of outcomes (best case) is what Hamilton already is. He’s unlikely to get there.
    Re: Lindholm vs Ferland - while I agree in the short-term, Lindholm will presumably be under team control for a long term; Ferland is 1-yr to UFA. Hanifin - I don't think he gets to where Hamilton already is, but again, will be under team control for quite awhile.

Two things that make it hard for me to fully evaluate this deal right now are:

1) We haven't seen what kind of deals (year and term) that Lindholm and Hanifin get in Calgary. Calgary needs good value on these contracts; and

2) I have no idea if there are non-hockey factors involved in moving on from Hamilton. It wouldn't be the first time. And that whole thing with Freddie in Calgary makes me wonder if there is something odd about this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by roenick27 View Post
    This was pretty much my first thought as well. I think they should've gotten more for Dougie here. It's also a little strange Dougie has been traded 2x already though, no?
    Not really no. GMs make stupid decisions by massively overrating “character” when it largely is usually irrelevant all the time. Especially Calgary and Boston.

The Great One

https://theathletic.com/405459/2018/...emendous-cost/

Smarter people than me, if you care. Plain and simple, even if you felt you had to trade Hamilton, and you had to trade Ferland, and you didn’t think Fox would sign, this is awful value and asset management and neither player Calgary acquired has nearly as much “future potential” as people want to pretend they do.
    Another take: https://theathletic.com/405533/2018/...-noah-hanifin/

Dobber Sports Novice

I'll take Lindholm over Ferland easily. Hanifin is only at 240 GP, plenty of time to improve for a dman. Hamilton's only broken 50 points once and has now been traded twice (there must be a reason why). Fox wasn't going to sign. As a Flames fan, I neither hate it or love it, so I'm gonna let it play out before making a judgement. Calling it embarrassing is silly to me, the same old hyperbole I read from "fans" on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDoughty View Post
    I'll take Lindholm over Ferland easily. Hanifin is only at 240 GP, plenty of time to improve for a dman. Hamilton's only broken 50 points once and has now been traded twice (there must be a reason why). Fox wasn't going to sign. As a Flames fan, I neither hate it or love it, so I'm gonna let it play out before making a judgement. Calling it embarrassing is silly to me, the same old hyperbole I read from "fans" on a daily basis.
    Yea, I read this justification from “fans” commenting on Hall for Larsson and Subban for Weber and Reinhart for 16 and 33 too.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Well. Gone are the days of making fun of Chiarelli and the Oilers. What an abhorrent my bad trade for Calgary. Absolutely embarrassing
    Wondered where you were, I was like dan Caro nailed that.

Dobber Sports Novice

Yea, I read this justification from “fans” commenting on Hall for Larsson and Subban for Weber and Reinhart for 16 and 33 too.
    You swayed me. Calgary lost this trade badly because some random fans somewhere justified Larsson for Hall.

Dobber Sports Giant

One man?s thrash is another man?s treasure... to all Flames fans out there, Montreal would be all over that return right now

Galchenyuk (signed for a few more years at a bargain like Hamilton) and a 2nd could have potentially fetched the pair but I think Carolina wanted a defenseman more than anything else.

FWIW, I think Lindholm is the key piece here. Hopefully for them, he will eventually pan out.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Deity

Big gamble for the Flames. If Hanifin and Lindholm can pan out and meet expectations this trade evens out but right now I like it a lot for Carolina.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."