Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Reputation

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Reputation

I have been here for a while and only now did I notice this rep power icon (yep, this is sad) on the upper right side of my discussions. May I ask what this is and what is its relevance?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Reputation

https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...ding-the-Forum

Read this thread. It explains it well on the first page I do believe.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

That thread explains it well. Personally I don't find it relevant at all though.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for posting that thread Axe, solid read. As far as rep goes I can see why some don't find it relevant. It's a similar structure to Reddit and karma. I'm fan of rep because I'm a sucker for gold stars and acknowledgement of goods advice, laughs, and insight. Is rep worth anything, no. Is acknowledging another's opinion, yes. It's why I use the rep system and will continue to use it. It may not mean anything but I'm at least acknowledging liked opions and encouraging more of the same. My only pet peeve with the rep system is negative rep given out if you disagree with someone's point. I believe negative rep should only be given out for malicious type posts which are few and far between from what I've seen. I lurked for a few years before I felt confident enough in my opinions to share them. I think the more open the community feels sharing, the better the community becomes. It shouldn't be an echo chamber but a place where differing opinions coexist. So I say rep away or don't, your progative, it's not for everybody but it's there if you want to use it.
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Bstbullies View Post
    Thanks for posting that thread Axe, solid read. As far as rep goes I can see why some don't find it relevant. It's a similar structure to Reddit and karma. I'm fan of rep because I'm a sucker for gold stars and acknowledgement of goods advice, laughs, and insight. Is rep worth anything, no. Is acknowledging another's opinion, yes. It's why I use the rep system and will continue to use it. It may not mean anything but I'm at least acknowledging liked opions and encouraging more of the same. My only pet peeve with the rep system is negative rep given out if you disagree with someone's point. I believe negative rep should only be given out for malicious type posts which are few and far between from what I've seen. I lurked for a few years before I felt confident enough in my opinions to share them. I think the more open the community feels sharing, the better the community becomes. It shouldn't be an echo chamber but a place where differing opinions coexist. So I say rep away or don't, your progative, it's not for everybody but it's there if you want to use it.
    In my experience, negative rep is very rare. And I've never seen it for a difference in opinion; it's usually reserved for rude or aggressive behaviour.

Dobber Sports Ninja

It's really not that relevant. I've seen a lot of really insightful posts come out of posters that only post once every few weeks or few months. During my time as a mod there were people blatantly rep boosting each other too. Don't really understand the point of that but to each his/her own.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    In my experience, negative rep is very rare. And I've never seen it for a difference in opinion; it's usually reserved for rude or aggressive behaviour.
    I believe I've mistaken grey rep for negative rep. Grey repping being users giving positive rep they aren't able to give yet. At least that's how I understand it now that I've gone through all of the above threads. In any case I agree negative rep is rare just the way it should be.
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

Dobber Sports Deity

Negative rep shows up as red when you click on the reputation notification.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Ive been negative repped when I disagreed with an Ottawa fan. Only time ever.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

I've got it a couple times. I dont lose a lot of sleep when it happens. Usually means I've hit a nerve with someone and they think this hurts my feelings or something LOL!

Dobber Sports Titan

GINFIZZZZZZ!!!!

Thanks for the neg rep, it's actually so rare here haha. I forgot how dull of a red the colour of rep is.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Big Daddy

Rep is mostly irrelevant in my opinion. This is mainly because a lot of posters will create a thread with something along the lines of ?rep given? or ?rep? in the thread?s title, simply to get more replies and opinions. But the replies aren?t always necessarily good advice or opinions but they are given rep because they replied to the thread. It takes away from the integrity of the reputation system. I?ll admit that I have been guilty of this in the past.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Rep is mostly irrelevant in my opinion. This is mainly because a lot of posters will create a thread with something along the lines of ?rep given? or ?rep? in the thread?s title, simply to get more replies and opinions. But the replies aren?t always necessarily good advice or opinions but they are given rep because they replied to the thread. It takes away from the integrity of the reputation system. I?ll admit that I have been guilty of this in the past.
    I actually tend to avoid threads advertising rep for replies.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I actually tend to avoid threads advertising rep for replies.

I find it funny when someone offers REP for a reply... and then you see they are so new here they actually don't have any REP power built up.

As for negative REP ... thats always fun to get from someone new around here as well. haha

Dobber Sports Monster

Rep is fairly irrelevant ... I mean, look how powerful mine is