Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: The Karlsson's stalker

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: The Karlsson's stalker

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebarnes View Post
    I think he?s saying it could be some other person
    I know but Hoffman hasn't been able to convince the Karlssons of that.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I can't imagine he knew about this.
    I certainly can

Dobber Sports Guru

This is a tweet for Kodette Labarra. Sounds like it was well known in the hockey community:

Her fixation with Mel has always been unhealthy. Then it became scary. So glad Mel is protecting herself. No team will welcome this girl to the room. https://t.co/SkBgajwhgQ

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    this is going to be a huge story
    .... and here we go. It has now hit the news feed that pops up on the iPhone start screen. The non-hockey fans and non-Ottawa residents are about to get swept up in celebrity cyberbullying news.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Star

Really? lol I see. So you are saying that the Karlssons could be the culpruts here. Yeah, I guess you could be correct. I will apologize if you are, but why would someone of the Karlssons stature make up something like this and why would others close to the situation believe it? Just wondering.
    Clearly we don’t know the whole story here. I am willing to give Hoffman’s GF the benefit of the doubt until I am certain otherwise. I think it sets a dangerous precedent to assume accusations are true on the grounds that you don’t see a good reason why the accuser would make it up.

Rylant

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Clearly we don’t know the whole story here. I am willing to give Hoffman’s GF the benefit of the doubt until I am certain otherwise. I think it sets a dangerous precedent to assume accusations are true on the grounds that you don’t see a good reason why the accuser would make it up.

Rylant

I really don't see why this is a dangerous precidence. I have no influence either way in this case.

Most people take sides once they have heard all the facts. I admit, other than Hoffman saying he is 150% sure, (what ever that means), that they had nothing to do with this, they havent been able to prove otherwise and I haven't seen anyone defend Hoffmans girlfriend. Quite the contrary actually as the Karlssons have been getting support from people who know both sides.

The Great One

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-...-erik-karlsson

Hoffman's agent expects a trade and says he doesn't see how Hoff and Karlsson can co-exist in the same dressing room. I suppose that's stating the obvious...

Hoffman's agent also confirms that Hoffman and the Senator's have known about these allegations for weeks.

I still can't get over how sad this story is....

Dobber Sports Star

I really don't see why this is a dangerous precidence. I have no influence either way in this case.

Most people take sides once they have heard all the facts. I admit, other than Hoffman saying he is 150% sure, (what ever that means), that they had nothing to do with this, they havent been able to prove otherwise and I haven't seen anyone defend Hoffmans girlfriend. Quite the contrary actually as the Karlssons have been getting support from people who know both sides.
    Well, once we have heard the facts, we would know the truth. That is not the case now. Sure, at the end of the day it doesn’t really matter if you or I think they are guilty, but to me this is about what you feel is right and wrong. For me, it’s wrong to jump to conclusions like this based on accusations. Not saying that they didn’t do it, just that I would rather remain doubtful while I am so uncertain. If that is not they way you think, that is completely fine; we just see it differently.

Rylant

The Great One

Hoffman stays. Karlsson goes.

Anything else would be shocking.

This organization is run half assed so that's what I expect.

Dobber Sports Stud

I think it prudent to proceed on the belief that everyone is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Somebody sent some nastiness and its not rocket science to get to the bottom of it.

Hoffman says "its not them" so lets do the right thing and believe him.

I for one am glad this is happening in the offseason.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Legend

Crazy, crazy stuff. I expect both players to be gone by next season.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Hoffman stays. Karlsson goes.

Anything else would be shocking.

This organization is run half assed so that's what I expect.
    No chance Hoffman is not traded

The Great One

Who would want to taint their room trading for Hoffman and his nutjob girlfriend (assuming she is guilty).

This story absolutely trivializes everything else that went amiss for the Senators through the 2017-18 campaign:

• Icon Daniel Alfredsson’s decision to bolt from the organization for a second time, just when it looked like he might settle into a full-time management role.

• The team’s dramatic fall from a berth in the Eastern Conference final to 30th place in the league standings.

• The trading of Kyle Turris, a popular player and figure in the community.

• Owner Eugene Melnyk’s veiled threats that the Senators would relocate if attendance didn’t improve.

• The sudden and unexplained departure of Tom Anselmi, the chief executive and president, less than a year after he was hired.

• Melnyk’s decision not to replace Anselmi but to take over the roles himself.

• The #Melnykout signs that popped up around town, paid for by fans pleading for an ownership change.

• The trouble assistant GM Randy Lee got himself into in Buffalo.

And anything else that has temporarily slipped the portion of our mind overloaded with Senators problems.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I really don't see why this is a dangerous precedent.
    Think about the worst things you could be accused of, and that everyone knows they are true. Doesn't matter if you did it or not, it's just true.

I had my then future ex-wife (wife at the time, but had decided to divorce before this final straw) decide to try and blame me for one of her patients having maggots. She was the director of nursing somewhere, I was the primary accountant at one time, but had left the facility to work elsewhere. The story was going around that we were short staffed on nursing & CNAs so I could save the company money on salaries. The real reason was that the patient was mentally ill, and refused treatment, so my future ex-wife falsified medical records.

It went to a state grand jury, but I was only tangentially involved by then, because the staffing logs & spreadsheet plans showed she was full of it. Can you see how that might have been an issue for me?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebarnes View Post
    No chance Hoffman is not traded
    There's a chance, but he needs to dump the GF cleanly & completely so he becomes the target. And I doubt that's going to happen.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.