Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: J Dalhen plus picks for star player?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: J Dalhen plus picks for star player?

So thankfully I'm not hoping to have this ship turned around in the next 1-3 seasons. My goal is a 5 year rebuild. I'm learning that goaltenders in my league are not worth trading for as the prices are hidiously high. Basically it's all about the draft. Just draft and develop and who knows, maybe Glass is a 60+ point guy or Heiskenen is a top 2 defensemen. Time will have to be my game. I will agree though, my roster is gross..

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Yohyoh View Post
    It is a full 31 team roster. Each team has 2 active roster spots for goaltenders and 4 spots for players in the minors/drafted prospects.

Currently I only have G Johnathan Bernier in 1 active roster spot and Ukko Pekka Luukkonen in one of my minor spots. So I have an opening for another goaltender. Here is how my roster looks.

I can only have 8 players with under 30 NHL games played on my roster. I'm currently at 6
    I highly recommend putting your league details in your sig. 31 team league, roster limits, etc.
    Even if the scoring is complicated, having at least that with your roster will help.

If you're in multiple leagues, call this "league 1", and just put roster rules/league size. It seems like this will be getting alot of questions, so you don't have to type details every time. That's a win-win.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Done
    Head to Head format. 31 GM team league. 24 Player Roster, 2 Goalies, 6 Defenceman, 10 Forwards, 4 Reserve Spots, 30/15 Rule (30 NHL GP for players,15 for Goalies). Point categories: GP, G, A, PM, SHG, PPG, OTG, Hits, Blocked Shots, G Goals, G Assists, Save%, shutouts, G Wins, Saves.

The Great One

Back to your OP: you are trading a star for a meh goalie and three assets that may not amount to anything. That's a very hard pass. What other players or prospects does that GM have?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

[email protected] ZACH HYMAN
    FWD PATRIC HORNQVIST
    FWD VLADIMIR SOBOTKA
    FWD ANDREW LADD - A
    FWD TAGE THOMPSON
    FWD BRENDAN LEIPSIC
    FWD JASON POMINVILLE
    FWD RYAN DONATO
    FWD PONTUS ABERG
    ​FWD CONNOR BROWN
    DEF P.K. SUBBAN - A
    DEF JAKE GARDINER
    DEF MATTHEW BENNING
    ​DEF
    DEF PAUL LADUE
    DEF DERRICK POULIOT
    ENF NIKITA SOSHNIKOV
    ​ENF JOSH LEIVO
    GOL LOUIS DOMINGUE
    GOL JAMES REIMER
    RES CAREY PRICE
    RES LOGAN BROWN
    RES RADEK FAKSA
    RES JONATHAN DAHLEN
    Head to Head format. 31 GM team league. 24 Player Roster, 2 Goalies, 6 Defenceman, 10 Forwards, 4 Reserve Spots, 30/15 Rule (30 NHL GP for players,15 for Goalies). Point categories: GP, G, A, PM, SHG, PPG, OTG, Hits, Blocked Shots, G Goals, G Assists, Save%, shutouts, G Wins, Saves.

Any chance of getting Gardiner as part of the return?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

To be honest, I find it very hard to think of a trade with that team that is worth Giroux. You are giving up a star, and there is nothing coming back with down-the-road star potential. Did he approach you about Giroux, or vice versa? The reason I ask is because I'm not sure how hard you've shopped Giroux. You need to be careful trading him, since you don't have many pieces to work with in your rebuild.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Approaching them asking if anything interests them on my roster.. obviously Giroux get mentioned and I say what I like on their roster and go from there. Like for an example. I've been thinking about a potential deal involving Giroux with another GM with the following roster..

FWD ALEKSANDER BARKOV - C
    FWD FILIP FORSBERG - A
    FWD JONATHAN HUBERDEAU - A
    FWD DYLAN STROME
    FWD MITCH MARNER​
    FWD OLIVER BJORKSTRAND
    FWD JESSE PULJUJARVI
    FWD MARIAN GABORIK
    FWD CHARLIE COYLE
    FWD ALEX TUCH
    DEF NOAH HANIFIN
    DEF MICHAEL STONE
    DEF TYLER MYERS
    DEF NIKLAS KRONWALL
    DEF THOMAS HICKEY
    DEF BRENT SEABROOK
    ENF NICK BONINO
    ENF ANDREW COGLIANO
    GOL HENRIK LUNDQVIST
    GOL DARCY KUEMPER
    RES CALVIN PICKARD
    RES MARK STONE
    RES ILYA SOROKIN​
    RES LINUS SODERSTROM

I was thinking

Giroux

For

Sorokin
    Hanifin
    Tuch
    Strome

I like getting Hanifin & Tuch. They should fit on your roster for a while. Plus it fills a vacant D spot.

I like the idea of trying for a post-hype guy or two. Strome, Puljujarvi, and Bjorkstrand all work there.

I like the thought of getting a top tier goalie prospect, but I'd probably send your other goalie prospect back in return, and try and also grab Pickard. Pickard is not old, has been decent in the NHL as a part-time goalie, and might have value on your roster filling that active goalie spot. He's well over the minimum games played, so no worry about that.

If you can get a couple of these post-hype guys, plus Tuch, Hanifin, and the goalie(s) that would be a really nice sort of deal, I think.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Sent the offer. Even the countered offer of pickard, and I even threw in ferland and still got turned down. I'm at the point where I will be playing hard ball when it comes to dealing g Giroux next trade deadline because for now, that seems to be my only option.

Yeah, seems like you will have to have them approach you.

Good luck finding a quasi-useful body on the wire, since you have roster space.

Dobber Sports Ace

I'd also be looking at players coming off injuries or coming in from the KHL or NCAA. I find those types of guys are often off the radar for some GMs. I'd be looking at trying to add guys like Fabbri, Kovalchuk, and Nichushkin this summer. And I know Kovy is a little old for a rebuilding team, but odds are you could pick him up for next to nothing and trade him to a contender for solid assets this season.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Yohyoh View Post
    I was thinking

Giroux

For

Sorokin
    Hanifin
    Tuch
    Strome
    This is the kind of return I'd be expecting for a stud player like Giroux in a 31 team league. If he doesn't want to pay it, then it's his loss. I would be willing to replace either Hanifin or Tuch with Puljujarvi if he'd be more interested in that but sounds like he doesn't want to make a fair deal, so just move on.