Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: J Dalhen plus picks for star player?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default J Dalhen plus picks for star player?

Been talking to other guys in my league for about a year now on a star player that I've been listening to offers on. Haven't seen the return I wanted.

It wasn't until today that I came across an offer that actually had me thinking..

Jonathan Dalhen
    Louis Dominge
    2018 1st round pick (14 Overall)
    2019 1st round pick

For

Claude Giroux

Here is why I am considering this. The way that the other teams roster sits he will likely be a lot worse then how he finished this year. (it's a hunch). Dalhen had a really good year in the SHL and is looking promising to land a roster spot on the Canucks next season. I am a rebuilding team so I guess that's another reason why I'm interested in the offer. We have a different point system then most leagues.

I'd like to hear other people's thoughts on this offer and hopefully have some solid advice on it.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: J Dalhen plus picks for star player?

Dahlen is going to be good, but how good? I look at him as more of a Josh Bailey type - complimentary player - not one that will drive play himself (Boeser/Pettersson will) Not a real knock on him, but moving a stud, I think I'd want more of that play-driver coming back.

I'm not high on Domingue really at all. But with G's some questions need to be answered, how big is the league (at least 14 team)? how many G's do you start? who are your starting G's? and who's on your minors for G prospects?

Also like to know the size of your prospect roster - it will impact the value of Dahlen & Domingue.

At first glance, I want more, the two prospects aren't high enough in value for a 100pt player - with a history to support a repeat 80+pt season
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Dahlen played in Allsvenskan, not SHL. It's the 2nd highest level in Sweden.

I think he needs a year in the AHL. He could eventually be a 55-point player. I would want a bigger star prospect in return for Giroux. The package is interesting but if you're not getting a top 5 pick or a similar level prospect, I'm not sure it's worth it.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Domingue is only valuable if Vas get's hurt.

14 overall and 2019 1st are gambles.

J. Dahlen has potential but not enough there for me to move Giroux, if I was in you shoes.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Administrator

This is not a good sell-high trade. I'd rather hold Giroux than take this return.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Dahlen is going to be good, but how good? I look at him as more of a Josh Bailey type - complimentary player - not one that will drive play himself (Boeser/Pettersson will) Not a real knock on him, but moving a stud, I think I'd want more of that play-driver coming back.

I'm not high on Domingue really at all. But with G's some questions need to be answered, how big is the league (at least 14 team)? how many G's do you start? who are your starting G's? and who's on your minors for G prospects?

Also like to know the size of your prospect roster - it will impact the value of Dahlen & Domingue.

At first glance, I want more, the two prospects aren't high enough in value for a 100pt player - with a history to support a repeat 80+pt season
    It is a full 31 team roster. Each team has 2 active roster spots for goaltenders and 4 spots for players in the minors/drafted prospects.

Currently I only have G Johnathan Bernier in 1 active roster spot and Ukko Pekka Luukkonen in one of my minor spots. So I have an opening for another goaltender. Here is how my roster looks.

WD ADAM GAUDETTE
    FWD CODY GLASS
    FWD FREDERIK GAUTHIER
    FWD CLAUDE GIROUX - A
    FWD MIKKEL BOEDKER
    FWD MICHEAL FERLAND
    FWD GABRIEL BOURQUE
    FWD DRAKE CAGGIULA
    FWD JARED MCCANN
    FWD VICTOR RASK
    DEF DAN HAMHUIS
    DEF TREVOR DALEY
    DEF GUSTAV FORSLING
    DEF FREDRIK CLAESSON
    DEF IAN MCCOSHEN
    DEF
    ENF MARC METHOT
    ENF
    GOL JONATHAN BERNIER
    ​GOL
    RES MIRO HEISKANEN
    ​RES DANTE FABBRO
    RES UKKO-PEKKA LUUKKONEN
    RES CONOR TIMMINS

- - - Updated - - -

I can only have 8 players with under 30 NHL games played on my roster. I'm currently at 6

Dobber Sports Genius

[read OP follow up post - changed things for me]
    Last edited by Moses; June 8, 2018 at 2:22 PM. Reason: deleted
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Yohyoh View Post
    It is a full 31 team roster. Each team has 2 active roster spots for goaltenders and 4 spots for players in the minors/drafted prospects.

Currently I only have G Johnathan Bernier in 1 active roster spot and Ukko Pekka Luukkonen in one of my minor spots. So I have an opening for another goaltender. Here is how my roster looks.

WD ADAM GAUDETTE
    FWD CODY GLASS
    FWD FREDERIK GAUTHIER
    FWD CLAUDE GIROUX - A
    FWD MIKKEL BOEDKER
    FWD MICHEAL FERLAND
    FWD GABRIEL BOURQUE
    FWD DRAKE CAGGIULA
    FWD JARED MCCANN
    FWD VICTOR RASK
    DEF DAN HAMHUIS
    DEF TREVOR DALEY
    DEF GUSTAV FORSLING
    DEF FREDRIK CLAESSON
    DEF IAN MCCOSHEN
    DEF
    ENF MARC METHOT
    ENF
    GOL JONATHAN BERNIER
    ​GOL
    RES MIRO HEISKANEN
    ​RES DANTE FABBRO
    RES UKKO-PEKKA LUUKKONEN
    RES CONOR TIMMINS

- - - Updated - - -

I can only have 8 players with under 30 NHL games played on my roster. I'm currently at 6
    Maybe you should look at trading Giroux straight up for someone like Raanta. You need a starting goalie.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Yohyoh View Post

WD ADAM GAUDETTE
    FWD CODY GLASS
    FWD FREDERIK GAUTHIER
    FWD CLAUDE GIROUX - A
    FWD MIKKEL BOEDKER
    FWD MICHEAL FERLAND
    FWD GABRIEL BOURQUE
    FWD DRAKE CAGGIULA
    FWD JARED MCCANN
    FWD VICTOR RASK
    DEF DAN HAMHUIS
    DEF TREVOR DALEY
    DEF GUSTAV FORSLING
    DEF FREDRIK CLAESSON
    DEF IAN MCCOSHEN
    DEF
    ENF MARC METHOT
    ENF
    GOL JONATHAN BERNIER
    ​GOL
    RES MIRO HEISKANEN
    ​RES DANTE FABBRO
    RES UKKO-PEKKA LUUKKONEN
    RES CONOR TIMMINS

Repectfully, woof(!). That is an ugly team. Capital U.

I see why you want to move out Giroux for futures. This is the right idea, but I don't love the return in this offer. Your team has just so so many holes I'm not even sure what you need to do and in what order to do it in.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Jedi

F. Gauthier & Gab Bourque need to go immediately. Hamhuis is not far behind. Bu yeah..its miles from competing

Dobber Sports Wizard

With only 4 spots for prospects, that deal looks even worse for you. Luukkonen isn't probably worth owning in that league. Fabbro and Timmins are decent but not top prospects.

Giroux is the only top player you have, and you need a killer return for him. This isn't it.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Here's a question then! Should I just clean slate and trade anyone and everyone and obtain as many picks as I can this and year season (keeping in mind of the 30 games played rule of course)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

This was virtually the team I came into before the last guy that left. I added glass, Hieskenen Fabbro and Timmins. I also traded for 2 first round pick (the old guy had zero picks for the 18 and 19 draft)

Dobber Sports Wizard

A rebuild is probably needed but don't just target draft picks, target young players who may have lost some of their shine or never received the kind of hype they deserved. A lot of people seem to be really down on Dylan Strome. Some people are still sleeping on Henrik Borgstrom, Robert Thomas and Gabe Vilardi. Michael Rasmussen doesn't get the love he deserves. These guys are expected to play in the NHL next season. Only a few of the 2018 draftees are going to play in the NHL.

Nick Suzuki, Morgan Frost, Kristian Vesalainen and Klim Kostin are excellent prospects but underrated in many leagues, so they are possible trade targets as well. But you may need to wait another year with them (although I think Suzuki cracks the Vegas roster).

To fix your goalie issue, I'd probably go hard after Ilya Samsonov who is arguably the top goalie prospect in the game right now. He needs a couple of years but that's much better than someone like Luukkonen who needs at least 5 years and may not amount to anything (I'm not a fan). For a short-term fix, maybe target Linus Ullmark who seems to be the chosen goalie of the future for the Sabres (unless they acquire someone else via trade this summer). Ullmark will be in the NHL next season as well and his price should be low.

Draft picks are nice and everything but you have to pay a premium for them and then wait forever to see any results.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'd also look at Heponiemi, Anderson-Dolan, Ian Mitchell, Max Gildon, Kole Lind, Troy Terry, Dylan Gambrell, TIMASHOV, Andreas Johnsson, as guys that are floating below the top tier of prospects that one or more is still available.. The last 4 I listed will all get a cup of coffee in the NHL this year, if not a full season, the others are 2-3yrs away. I can see Mitchell joining the Hawks in 19/20 as well.