Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia Eagles not going to White House.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Philadelphia Eagles not going to White House.

I wouldn't be surprised if the electoral system isn't changed by the time Trump has to enter another election. Slanted so that it favors him somehow. Or there are intimidation groups at polls to scare democrats away... yes I'm making references to 1930's Germany. There will be another front page news story about another affair or Russia tampering or that he's wearing a wig to cover up the legislative changes taking place on page 29 of the same news paper. This is how this presidency is working. They've already stripped so many laws and rights that no one is talking about from protected lands and citizens. You can also now hung bears during hibernation - use to be illegal, now you don't have to let a sleeping bear lie. You can shoot it.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Even an approval rating of 40% means there are massive numbers of people who really like this guy. His approval rating would probably never drop below 35%, even if he shot babies in the face.

If you want even more interesting data, his in-party approval ratings are the second highest in history in the post WWII era, behind only 9/11 Bush. In other words, his own party doesn't just like him, they absolutely are insanely in love with him.

He's a superstar to millions of people. Vast swaths of the country would easily remove term limits to keep him on for as long as he wanted and are giddy over the idea that he could pardon himself from any crimes he may be accused of.
    True. And this is a major reason why I am currently embarrassed to be an American. The fact that nearly 50% of the country voted for him and he still has approximately 40% support is sickening. I struggle with this all the time. I used to be patriotic but that is severely challenged in light of our despicable president and his supporters.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    True. And this is a major reason why I am currently embarrassed to be an American. The fact that nearly 50% of the country voted for him and he still has approximately 40% support is sickening. I struggle with this all the time. I used to be patriotic but that is severely challenged in light of our despicable president and his supporters.
    lots of room in Canada, just don't cross in Quebec.. that refugee camp is full. Go West, doesn't seem like US Refugees want to live in the Prairies. You'll be welcomed with open arms.

Dobber Sports Titan

Foles was the only player that was gonna go.

The US PR sent out a statement saying the Eagles were letting down the thousands of fans that were at the whitehouse for this (the way it was worded was they were outside waiting). Some reporter was outside and saw 1 piece of eagles apparel, and asked about 50% of the crowd who was the starting QB for the Eagles for the superbowl, I think he tweet only 1 knew.

Lies and Lies and Lies all around. No one cares about this. It's legit just a chance for the players to say they saw the president, and went into the whitehouse. That's it. If you don't care why would it matter for the players? This is all a waste of time and a diversion Trump has made from the real issues that the media should be reporting on.

It's getting old how often this works.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports All-Star

Even an approval rating of 40% means there are massive numbers of people who really like this guy. His approval rating would probably never drop below 35%, even if he shot babies in the face.

If you want even more interesting data, his in-party approval ratings are the second highest in history in the post WWII era, behind only 9/11 Bush. In other words, his own party doesn't just like him, they absolutely are insanely in love with him.

He's a superstar to millions of people. Vast swaths of the country would easily remove term limits to keep him on for as long as he wanted and are giddy over the idea that he could pardon himself from any crimes he may be accused of.
    Quite the eye opener that that many people still support him as a leader considering all he does is insult races, countries, politicians, organizations, religions, sexual preference, media, actors, friends, mentally ill, addicts...etc, etc, etc. Scary actually.

Just imagine him on these threads. The moderators would have a field day with him and he would last a day. LOL

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    lots of room in Canada, just don't cross in Quebec.. that refugee camp is full. Go West, doesn't seem like US Refugees want to live in the Prairies. You'll be welcomed with open arms.
    Canadians are just as poor at critical thinking, and just as tribalistic, as anyone else. It certainly seems like there is a swing to a more populist style of election happening in Canada right now as well.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Quite the eye opener that that many people still support him as a leader considering all he does is insult races, countries, politicians, organizations, religions, sexual preference, media, actors, friends, mentally ill, addicts...etc, etc, etc. Scary actually.

Just imagine him on these threads. The moderators would have a field day with him and he would last a day. LOL
    But that's the thing. His base LOVE that side of him. To be fair it would be no different if a Democrat were in power. There will always be a fairly sizeable percentage of people who will support their "team" no matter what they do or how they behave, whether that be sports, religion, or politics. It will likely never change.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    LOL- thanks for the invite. I think I would fit right in. I love hockey, fishing, beer drinking, and I had poutine for the first time yesterday.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Titan

LOL- thanks for the invite. I think I would fit right in. I love hockey, fishing, beer drinking, and I had poutine for the first time yesterday.
    This is the most shocking thing in this thread actually.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

Canadians are just as poor at critical thinking, and just as tribalistic, as anyone else. It certainly seems like there is a swing to a more populist style of election happening in Canada right now as well.
    it's true, but if you don't mind the cold or black flies you can move to the northern prairies, never see another living soul and - work in the oil fields or potash mines and make 100+k/year. That eliminates any need for critical thinking AT ALL and no tribes to go ballistic

Dobber Sports Veteran

If only we were all this simple!
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports All-Star

But that's the thing. His base LOVE that side of him. To be fair it would be no different if a Democrat were in power. There will always be a fairly sizeable percentage of people who will support their "team" no matter what they do or how they behave, whether that be sports, religion, or politics. It will likely never change.
    Thats the scary part. There are that many out there. It tells the rest of the world the state of the country.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Do we actually know the date cyberdyne goes live yet?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Thats the scary part. There are that many out there. It tells the rest of the world the state of the country.
    You know that they are saying the same thing about the other side too right? Like, they think America is collapsing due to the moral degradation caused by the dirty Democrats.

I don't know what the answer is, but the tribalism is really doing a number of that country.

Dobber Sports All-Star

You know that they are saying the same thing about the other side too right? Like, they think America is collapsing due to the moral degradation caused by the dirty Democrats.

I don't know what the answer is, but the tribalism is really doing a number of that country.
    There probably is no easy answer unless the constitution is changed. Firstly, having some political background should be a must. Talk of Oprah Winfrey running for president is a complete joke as well. The Police commissioner was once a policeman. The pope was once a priest. The principal was once a teacher. You sholdn't be able to just put anyone in these postitions.