Thread: McDavid VS Barkov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default McDavid VS Barkov

Would you do it ? i mean mcJesus is 12.5mil and barkov 5.9 mil. I got Barkov and it's a cap league that follows the cap hit of the NHL. 10 Teams point only.
    I know its mcdavid but i as contender and 12.5mil is a lot for a single player.

Thanks for your advice !
    1st League
    75M 10 Teams Cap League using AVV, Point only,Keep 7F 4D 1G
    22 Man Roster :13F,7D, 2G. 1P (G) 1P (A) 2P (W) 1P (OTL) 1P (SO)
    F: Marner, Wheeler, Kucherov, Point, , Stone, Barkov, Boeser, Coyle, Fabbri, Labanc, Silfverberg, Pearson, Burakovsky
    D: Ceci, Hamilton, Carlson, Severson, Keith, Gostisbehere, Carrick
    G: Murray, Crawford
    Rookie Bank : Keller, Hishchier, Barzal, Mittlestatd, Pettersson, White, Kunin, Pulock

The Magnificent One

Default Re: McDavid VS Barkov

I get this question as I am in talks for mcdavid in a salary cap using avv also. I'd do this espcially points only.

Barkov took a nice step this year but his injury history should still be a concern in the back of your mind. Even if both healthy barkov is PPG at nest mcdavid is closer to 100

Would you need to drop anyone to make this happen? Would you need to run your roster short to fit the cap... these will be questions that might change outcome
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Legend

Moving forward, Barkov is a 78-86 point player IMO. He's "fantasy good" Kopitar but he comes with injury baggage. His salary, however, is great. McDavid will be a 95-115 point forward for a long time, and his high cap is set in stone. Personally, I would make the move and shed an extra 4-5 mil someplace else. One guy you might need to move it Stone - if he gets between 6.5-7.5 mil on avg., you're going to have to move him if you absorb McDavid's contract.

This all depends on how much you are willing to pay for a 20 point upgrade at center. Are those 20 "ish" points worth 6 mil? If Barkov scores 84 and McDavid scores 97, I'd say no. But if Barkov gets injured, scores 71, and McDavid kills it and scores 112, you'll wish you had made the deal - that's a 41 point swing.

Like I said, I would do it. Then I would look to replace a 5+ mil 60 pointer with a cheaper option who could blossom and replace most of those points.

Dobber Sports Jedi

McDavid is entering pro season 4 ... just sayin' 130+ ain't out of the question this year (help or no help)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

superstars dont kill your salary cap, bad 6-7 million contracts kill cap. Im not saying Barkov is a bad contract he is a good contract but you take McDavid here and shed bad contracts
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Administrator

My advice from experience: the stars are worth the money but there is a trade-off. You have less cap space for the rest of your roster so you have to generate more value with fewer resources. That means becoming an expert at the draft table and discovering new players off the wire who can contribute on cheap contracts.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    My advice from experience: the stars are worth the money but there is a trade-off. You have less cap space for the rest of your roster so you have to generate more value with fewer resources. That means becoming an expert at the draft table and discovering new players off the wire who can contribute on cheap contracts.
    You need to find the Bratt's of the world
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    I get this question as I am in talks for mcdavid in a salary cap using avv also. I'd do this espcially points only.

Barkov took a nice step this year but his injury history should still be a concern in the back of your mind. Even if both healthy barkov is PPG at nest mcdavid is closer to 100

Would you need to drop anyone to make this happen? Would you need to run your roster short to fit the cap... these will be questions that might change outcome
    Well i would need to drop Mark stone but he was not a keeper anymore My keeper are Kucherov, Barkov, Marner, Point, Boeser, Wheeler, Labanc, Coyle on attack. The big lose here is that i would probably need to drop carlson that will obviously get overpaid
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Thing here is that we Have no waiver wire. The line-up is set in stone once the season start. Stil got plenty of ELC (Barzal, Point, Boeser Hichier, Keller, Marner (Maybe perttersson?)) so i think i can afford it but im obviously losing carlson because of this and next year
    when Kucherov, Marner, Boeser Point resign, there will be other tough decision to make
    1st League
    75M 10 Teams Cap League using AVV, Point only,Keep 7F 4D 1G
    22 Man Roster :13F,7D, 2G. 1P (G) 1P (A) 2P (W) 1P (OTL) 1P (SO)
    F: Marner, Wheeler, Kucherov, Point, , Stone, Barkov, Boeser, Coyle, Fabbri, Labanc, Silfverberg, Pearson, Burakovsky
    D: Ceci, Hamilton, Carlson, Severson, Keith, Gostisbehere, Carrick
    G: Murray, Crawford
    Rookie Bank : Keller, Hishchier, Barzal, Mittlestatd, Pettersson, White, Kunin, Pulock

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    Thing here is that we Have no waiver wire. The line-up is set in stone once the season start
    So you have to build your assets in the offseason months, using whatever tools you have. My rule still applies.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust