Thread: Borgstrom and a 4th for Shea Theordore?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Borgstrom and a 4th for Shea Theordore?

Roster and League in settings.

Wondering if I should trade my Borgstrom and my 4th round pick in the prospect draft (total of 5 rounds) for Shea Theordore. Borgstrom is unfortunately not on my farm team, so is currently taking up a roster spot.

I finished second in regular season last year, but came 4th in final standings. I'm competitive so I'm wondering whether holding Borgstrom is going to hurt my chances this year.

Thanks!
    14 Team Dynasty with Farm Team
    Player Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, FOW, HITS, PPG
    Goalie Stats: W, GA, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Start: 3 C's, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6 D, 2 G
    Currently going into 4th season

Centers: Scheifele, Backstrom, Eichel, O'Reilly, Borgstrom

Forwards: Gaudreau, Pastrnak, Radulov, Mikael Granlund, Voracek, Lee, D. Brown, Dadonov, Galchenyuk,

Defense: Burns, Doughty, Faulk, Pulock, Borowiecki, Zadorov

Goalies: Hellebyuck, Dubnyk, Lundqvist,

Farm: Jason Robertson, Heponiemi, Lind, Soderstrom, Hawryluk, Haapala,

The Great One

Default Re: Borgstrom and a 4th for Shea Theordore?

Hmm thats a tough call. I really like Borgstrom but you start 6 D. My other concern for Theodore is that Miller is really emerging as a powerplay ace. I think I might say yes in a league that starts 6 D- thats very deep and your C's are in good shape already...

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Hmm thats a tough call. I really like Borgstrom but you start 6 D. My other concern for Theodore is that Miller is really emerging as a powerplay ace. I think I might say yes in a league that starts 6 D- thats very deep and your C's are in good shape already...
    Good point about Miller, and that's what is holding me back. Who knows if Theodore will actually be the man in Vegas, even with Erik Brannstrom in the system too.

I want to do the deal, but cant keep thinking about how fun it'd be to own Borgstrom. And how much I'd regrett it if Borgstrom get put on the wing on Floridas second line

Forwards: Gaudreau, Pastrnak, Radulov, Mikael Granlund, Voracek, Lee, D. Brown, Dadonov, Galchenyuk,

Dobber Sports Rookie

I also typically have been running with only 5 D (had to call up Pulock this year), sometimes even 4 D. With so many starting spots, I find having those extra forwards are more beneficial, but maybe that's what's holding me back in the playoffs

Dobber Sports Genius

Do you see Borgstrom displacing 2 of (your centres) Scheifele, Backstrom, Eichel or O'Reilly anytime soon?
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by kevbone View Post
    Good point about Miller, and that's what is holding me back. Who knows if Theodore will actually be the man in Vegas, even with Erik Brannstrom in the system too.

I want to do the deal, but cant keep thinking about how fun it'd be to own Borgstrom. And how much I'd regrett it if Borgstrom get put on the wing on Floridas second line
    In the short term, barring injuries, there's no way Borgstrom replace Barkov or Trocheck for the 1,2C... On the long run who knows, but I believe we could wait a while before he runs his own line in the top 6
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

Dobber Sports Monster

Give me Theodore with as many D men starting as yours.

Dobber Sports Legend

You're deep at C and could use a boost on D so the move isn't bad. But consider a couple of things:

1. Theodore has Miller, and eventually Brannstrom and Hague, to compete with. Not to mention if VGK trades for E. Karlsson in the over the summer. So, I would wait if possible.

2. If Borgstrom is showing great flashes, I wouldn't be surprised if the Beach Cats moved him to a Top 6 role in the wing. The kid is presumably too good to be a 3rd liner forever.

Based on skills, I think Theodore has 40-45 upside over the next 3 years. Borgstrom, 50-55 with 60+ if moved to W.

Dobber Sports Jedi

it's true Theo has Miller, but PK has Josi and Ellis; Gardiner has Rielly; Muzzin has Doughty; Provorov has Ghost; Giordano has Brodie & Hamilton; Pietrangelo had Shatty - now Parayko & Dunn;

It's entirely possible for teams to have two 40+pt dmen.. there's a lot more examples out there than what I've listed (and likely better ones)

IMO.. this is a deal of need. You need Theodore MORE than you need Borgstrom (based on your C and D depth).
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

Let's look at facts: Theodore has been stapled to that PP1 for months now (since winter) and his confidence is showing.
    He has produced very decent numbers and he has room to grow.
    As of now, Miller is on the PP2 (has been ever since Theodore was recalled) and Brannstrom hasn't set foot on NHL ice yet. Karlsson is still a Senator and him joining the Knights is still speculation.
    Yes, the path might not be as clear as one would like, but I wouldn't undersell Theodore here - he has the tools and the upper hand to become the top offensive dman in Vegas.

As for Borgstrom, I don't know him enough to really chime in, but I wanted to give Theodore some support here.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Borgstrom have a lot of upside, a hobey baker trophy's finalist. I love this player and for sure, i will oplay in the NHL a day. Maybe not this year in Florida with the center's depth of the Panthers, but Bjustad has a long injurie's list and a recall is not impossible. Expect him to be a full-time NHLer in 2 years IMO. Maybe that Boughner will try it at wings on the 2nd line. Would be a great fit with Trocheck and Dadonov or Huberdeau.

Theodore is already a full-time NHLer with a lot of upside too. Have all the place to explode (Some signs of it this year). And, regarding your D lineup and like others guys here said, you have a lot of depth at C-position and Theo could easyli replace Borowiecki or Zadorov in your offensive-minding pool.
    8 teams keeper, 12 A, 6 D, 2 G count. 1 pt G/A; 2 pts W, 3 pts Shutout
    7 changes per mounth

Fowards:

Beauvillier, Svechnikov, Kamenev, Point, MacKinnon, Dano, Shinkaruk, Teravainen, Trochek, Huberdeau, Vesey, Scheifele, V.Rask, Mi. Granlund, Spooner, Zucker, R.Smith, Duchene, Marchesseault, Dadonov, P.Kane, Simmonds, Okposo, Zuccarello, Oshie, Bozak, Vrbata.

Defense:

Chychrun, Kylington, Theodore, Matheson, Gostisbehere, J.Schultz, McDonagh, PK Subban, Muzzin, E.Johnson, Phaneuf

Goalie:

Mrazek, Allen, Andersen, Reimer, Fleury