G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Dobber Mock Draft - 2018

Peter Chiarelli, Keith Grezky, Todd McLellan, Daryl Katz and his goofy looking son all head to the stage where Peter Chiarelli steps to the mic and under a speckle of boos announces that the Oilers are pleased to select

From Assat, Jesperi Kotkaniemi

The Finnish player is a goal-scorer, a playmaker, a powerplay quarterback and a penalty killer. We say all the time that players can perform in “all situations”, but that is particularly true about Kotkaniemi. When it comes to scoring goals, his quick release is his greatest attribute. Not unlike Auston Matthews, he has the ability to carry the puck into unlikely scoring areas, and then beat the unsuspecting goalie with a quick wrist shot.

He is a skilled puck-handler and he uses his stickhandling to buy himself time while looking for teammates. When playing internationally against guys his own age, he has show the strength necessary to carry the puck through traffic, particularly through the neutral zone.

kotkaniemi.jpeg
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I thought the Oilers traded their first rounder to the Jets for Tyler Myers??

Ohhhhh wait, that's still to come..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I thought the Oilers traded their first rounder to the Jets for Tyler Myers??

Ohhhhh wait, that's still to come..
    Actually Chiarelli said in an interview he's keeping the pick. Truth. Afraid of the upcoming Expansion draft apparently.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Well crap, Axe, the Oilers really threw a wrench into my plans. Can't blame you for taking the BPA though.

Trying to think like an NHL GM, and not like a fantasy GM, at the #11 and #12 spots the NY Islanders select C Joe Veleno and D Bode Wilde. Speed and versatility, along with fulfilling organizational needs, is the reasoning behind these picks. Veleno is a potential top 6 centre that the Islanders lack in their organization, while Wilde brings a complete package of speed, grit, and offense that will see him as a fixture in the Islanders top 4 for years to come.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    Well crap, Axe, the Oilers really threw a wrench into my plans. Can't blame you for taking the BPA though.

Trying to think like an NHL GM, and not like a fantasy GM, at the #11 and #12 spots the NY Islanders select C Joe Veleno and D Bode Wilde. Speed and versatility, along with fulfilling organizational needs, is the reasoning behind these picks. Veleno is a potential top 6 centre that the Islanders lack in their organization, while Wilde brings a complete package of speed, grit, and offense that will see him as a fixture in the Islanders top 4 for years to come.
    I hear ya. The Islanders right before me pooched my plans to snag Bouchard too. Kotkaniemi was the BPA though, you are right.

Dobber Sports Icon

Dallas... Philly ...Florida...

Btw This is very difficult with big thumbs and a smart phone but keep it up
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Sage

Oilers got great value there.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Stud

I think NYR go with Kotkaniemi but thats just one guys opinion
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    I think NYR go with Kotkaniemi but thats just one guys opinion
    I dont expect him to be there for the Oilers at 10 either, but if he is I sure hope they take him.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I dont expect him to be there for the Oilers at 10 either, but if he is I sure hope they take him.
    Yeah, it would be an interesting situation for them. Really you'd think they would look at Ty Smith in this spot, especially if Bouchard is gone by #10, which is likely. Kotkaniemi is a left-shooting forward, which is something they don't really need. It would be difficult for the Oilers to pass him up, but at the same time they'll take some flak for it and by golly he better turn out.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    Yeah, it would be an interesting situation for them. Really you'd think they would look at Ty Smith in this spot, especially if Bouchard is gone by #10, which is likely. Kotkaniemi is a left-shooting forward, which is something they don't really need. It would be difficult for the Oilers to pass him up, but at the same time they'll take some flak for it and by golly he better turn out.
    The Oilers need help everywhere but down the middle right now. I realize Kotkaniemi is a center but played wing all this year so it's not like he cant play the wing in the NHL either. Also, can you really have too many centers? Either way, as I say, I dont expect him to be there at 10 but for the purpose of this draft, I am drafting the BPA and that is Kotkaniemi.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The Oilers need help everywhere but down the middle right now. I realize Kotkaniemi is a center but played wing all this year so it's not like he cant play the wing in the NHL either. Also, can you really have too many centers? Either way, as I say, I dont expect him to be there at 10 but for the purpose of this draft, I am drafting the BPA and that is Kotkaniemi.
    To me he’s the wild card of round one. I was kind of shocked when I opened the prospect guide where I picked Dobson is where they mocked him at. #5 to Arz
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Stud

NHL teams are built up the middle and there is a bit of a soft area at pivot this draft
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Wizard

The Stars are shocked to see Ty Smith still available and run to the podium to select him with the 13th overall selection.