Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: New NFL Policy requires all Players and Personel on field to stand for National Anthem...

Dobber Sports Star

Default New NFL Policy requires all Players and Personel on field to stand for National Anthem...

This makes me sad. I personally think that the value of patriotism is diminished when you force somebody to do something like this.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-anthem-policy

Rylant

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: New NFL Policy requires all Players and Personel on field to stand for National Anthem...

The thing that should make you sad is the fact this even has to be implemented as a rule...
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: New NFL Policy requires all Players and Personel on field to stand for National Anthem...

They can still lower their heads, close their eyes and raise their fists. This is what was done in Olympics gone by for a very similar movement
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

This is so dumb. We've all known for a while that the NFL is a sham though. It's not a professional sports league.

Dobber Sports Titan

Players just won't come out for the anthem. Or will find another way. I honestly thought the league just wouldn't broadcast the anthem...fixes the issue (the thing that is happening is an issue to the NFL owners. That's what I mean by issue) really.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Administrator

Pretty soon quarterbacks won't be allowed to take a knee to end a play...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

when does Kaepernick sign in the CFL?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    The thing that should make you sad is the fact this even has to be implemented as a rule...
    This hits the nail on the head!!!

I do think the non-broadcasting the anthem was a good idea for a solution as well.. but something had to be done... not sure this is the right answer or not... but as mentioned above the fact that this is even a discussion is embarassing.

Dobber Sports Jedi

this was already a rule in the XFL.. does this mean the NFL is scared?

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    this was already a rule in the XFL.. does this mean the NFL is scared?
    I think the only thing the NFL is scared about in regards to the XFL is that if the Undertaker starts showing up during Monday Night Football mistaking it as Monday Night Raw.

Dobber Sports Star

Sorry, are the people saying that it's sad that this has to be implemented suggesting that you should not be able to refuse to stand for the national anthem?

Rylant

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I think the only thing the NFL is scared about in regards to the XFL is that if the Undertaker starts showing up during Monday Night Football mistaking it as Monday Night Raw.
    or DX in a tank with a microphone?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Sorry, are the people saying that it's sad that this has to be implemented suggesting that you should not be able to refuse to stand for the national anthem?

Rylant
    personally, it's sad it has to be implemented because it's sad players feel the need to kneel in the first place. That in 2018 there is that much inequality between races still existing in America 'the free'. There shouldn't be that 'need' to demonstrate for societal wrongs, inequalities, what-have-you

Rylant
    I am coming from the angle that its the National Anthem and that individuals should be happy and proud to stand for the national anthem. I know I sure am.

So it is sad that some individuals have decided they are not proud of their country OR they want to use it as a platform for there own politics.

So I think we are coming to the same conclusion, just from different angles.

Yours is its sad that you have to force people, mine is it is sad that people have made it so you have to force people.

Dobber Sports Pro

Rylant
    Well, first of all, I would stand every single time and I do think it's somewhat disrespectful not to. But I think tons and tons of things people do are disrespectful-- that doesn't mean I believe they should be stripped of the right to make the decision for themselves.

When it comes to the national anthem I think you should be able sit, stand, skip, do jumping jacks-- who cares. Whatever works best for the individual. I think it's unbelievably sad and completely idiotic that this has been, and continues to be, such a hot button topic.

In the 90s/2000s my pops and I had Devils season tickets. One of our favorite things to watch was how Marty Brodeur used to "dance" during the national anthem-- increasingly so as it approached the end of the song. My dad thought it was pretty funny. It was part of Marty's warmup routine. A lot of goalies do something similar but Marty would always get real into his shake-n-bake to loosen up. I'm sure maybe some people find it disrespectful, but it certainly never bothered me. To each his own.