Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hi

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Hi

I wanna say hi to everyone. I'm the blazingrookie and I'm here to have fun. If
    there are tips and rules I should know, then please tell me. Thank you so much and have a nice day. I'm a newbie by the way.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Hi

10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Axeman nailed it by just directing you to the thread that'll answer all the questions. Biggest tip is the more info you add into a question, the better. We can't give you the best advice if we don't know the whole situation.

Biggest pet peeve is someone starting a question about a trade without saying your team. Yeah Getting McDavid for Hedman seems like a no doubter, until you find out there's a defenseman points bonus, and negative points for faceoff losts, and the team acquiring McDavid has Crosby, Malkin, and MacKinnon already and starts 1 center.

More info=better.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by theblazingrookie View Post
    I wanna say hi to everyone. I'm the blazingrookie and I'm here to have fun. If
    there are tips and rules I should know, then please tell me. Thank you so much and have a nice day. I'm a newbie by the way.
    Welcome to the forums! It is such a great community and if you follow the rules (both the written & unwritten - which I will get to later) then you will get a lot from the community!

Now for the unwritten rules:

1) We do not like the Penguins, it is very anti-Penguin around here... so come along for the hunt as we go hunting penguins!!!

2) Do not be aggressively pro-Senators or someone will claim you are Big Ev - so basically just steer clear of saying anything positive about the Senators and you won't get questioned.

3) Make sure you read all the rules because these are clearly not unwritten rules, they are actually not rules... they are just guidelines... well not even really guidelines. The first point is so that you and I do not butt heads... and the 2nd point is so that you don't butt heads with 75% of the community!

Enjoy your time here... feel free to ask questions if you are uncertain of anything!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Administrator

Welcome! Now make sure you live up to your username

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Welcome! Now make sure you live up to your username
    ROY race is wide open on Dobber.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Welcome to the Forums.

Another informal piece of advice: if you are new (or newish) to fantasy hockey, you might want to consider posting your trade offers as opposed to your completed trades. If you aren't sure, it's always better to have some opinions before you pull the trigger.

Hope you enjoy this place!

Dobber Sports Novice

Thank you so much. Now that you have mentioned it, I'm actually new (been introduced to it 2 months ago hahaha) when it comes to fantasy hockey and fantasy sports in general... so I would probably refrain from posting trade offers for awhile. I would love to learn a lot of things from this community.... and Axeman33, you're the mvp. Thanks.

Dobber Sports Master

Welcome to the forum TBR! Always good to have new people around, especially when they start out by introducing themselves. I predict you will be a great forum member. Cheers to you and enjoy!

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Welcome to the Forums.

Another informal piece of advice: if you are new (or newish) to fantasy hockey, you might want to consider posting your trade offers as opposed to your completed trades. If you aren't sure, it's always better to have some opinions before you pull the trigger.

Hope you enjoy this place!
    There is other good advice that has been shared here but this is a big one, better to get those opinions before the deal than after. All the other points about league setup etc are still fully applicable though to give a good quality opinion.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Legend

Hi Blazing, welcome to the boards!

Dobber Sports Stud

Hey TBR - welcome to the forums!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Thank you so much. Now that you have mentioned it, I'm actually new (been introduced to it 2 months ago hahaha) when it comes to fantasy hockey and fantasy sports in general... so I would probably refrain from posting trade offers for awhile. I would love to learn a lot of things from this community.... and Axeman33, you're the mvp. Thanks.
    flip that thinking on its head. You're basically saying you're a blank slate when it comes to fantasy sports.

EVEN MORE IMPORTANT to post your trades.

Get the advice from those that have been around the block, some more than once & know player values inside and out vs. 2 months and still possibly learning all their names.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Post as much as possible. Ask every question you think of. Don't be shy. Especially in the upcoming months it tends to be slow so perfect time to wet your feet. It's mostly vets that are on here during the offseason and we're all happy to answer questions.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Novice

I started reading some of the threads here and although it has only been 2 days, I'm already loving this forum. This is clearly a treasure trove of info.