Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: laine value

Dobber Sports Ace

Default laine value

in a salary pool what is laine value

i know this is is last year of elc i actually have a young team

i actually receive an offer that include debrincat, 2nd overall this year (i own the 3rd overall) and puljujarvi

not ready to pull the trigger so i want to know what dobber member think about laine values

salary cap h2h standard + hit and block
    25 player roster , 25 player farm and 10 player minor (last 2 year draftee)
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: laine value

Would be interested in seeing the rest of your team. If you already owned a few big ticket items like McDavid or Eichel, or Seguin or Kucherov (big raises coming), and you can't see yourself being able to keep everyone, this isn't a terrible offer. I think that you'll get the best offers now, with one more ELC year left, than you will once your back is to the wall next summer, and the other owner's can smell blood in the water.

Debrincat is a definite contributor. Svechnikov and Zadina gives you two guys who SHOULD be contributors; however, as we saw with Puljujarvi, the returns might not be immediate.

The other question is who do you need to drop to accommodate Puljujarvi? I assume that the other two can go onto your farm if needed for the year.

Dobber Sports Ace

actually my forward look like (turris, hischier, schenn, namesnikov, teravainen, konecny, wheeler, skinner, kreider, killorn, aho, burakovsky, voracek, atkinson, silfverberg and laine) and i have on my ahl (bonino, barre-boulet, spooner, gaunce, hudon, gusev, boedker, lehkonen, goldobin, greer, timashov, fasching, scherbak)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Legend

I wouldn't even consider trading Patrik Laine.

Dobber Sports Ace

actually i not looking to move him but want to know what is the value of laine
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NordiqueFan View Post
    actually i not looking to move him but want to know what is the value of laine
    Well that varies across the board, depending on league, competition, scoring formula, etc.
    Generally speaking though, I am a Laine owner in my main league and he is an absolute untouchable for me unless McDavid is in play.
    But, IF I were to put him on the block, I would demand the following return:

1. A very good sniper (Forsberg, Rakell, etc.) since my league is goal bonused
    2. An elite prospect (Mittelstadt, Pettersson, etc.)
    3. A top 3 pick in the 2018 draft (aka, 1 of Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina) If the GM didn't own one, they'd have to get their mitts on one first
    4. Another solid performer (position of my choice)
    5. An extra 1st rounder in 2019 so I have a second crack at Jack Hughes

Steep price? You bet. But if someone wants the premier goal scorer of the next decade, they are paying above sticker.
    I'm only even thinking of dealing Laine in a fantasy trade equivalent to the Eric Lindros deal between Philly and Quebec.

Dobber Sports Monster

I think Laine is a top 10 asset in keeper leagues. Closer to 10 than 1. His salary will probably be around 10 or 11 million which will hurt, but he is a key asset to have and the cap seems to be trending upwards again. That offer might look better if Puljujarvi had shown more this year, especially considering their pre-draft value was pretty much even. But I would not give up Laine unless you are getting a top 15 keeper player + something else of solid value.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Well that varies across the board, depending on league, competition, scoring formula, etc.
    Generally speaking though, I am a Laine owner in my main league and he is an absolute untouchable for me unless McDavid is in play.

3. A top 3 pick in the 2018 draft (aka, 1 of Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina) If the GM didn't own one, they'd have to get their mitts on one first

Steep price? You bet. But if someone wants the premier goal scorer of the next decade, they are paying above sticker.
    I'm only even thinking of dealing Laine for a fantasy trade equivalent to the Eric Lindros trade between Philly and Quebec.
    You wouldn't also ask for McDavid and Matthews?

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    You wouldn't also ask for McDavid and Matthews?
    Well I have Matthews. If I didn't, I would consider a 1-for-1 swap of Laine for AM34. I think Matthews is almost just as deadly with the stick and he's a pivot so he'll likely get more overall points.

McDavid yes, but he should be cherished as much as Laine+.

This is more of what kind of "package" it would take to land the Amish Assassin - it's gonna be a haul. Back up the truck, BEEP BEEP!!

Dobber Sports Icon

I'm a Laine owner who recently traded for him. This is what I paid for him in a 16 team Dynasty league this past January:

Rantanen, Fiala, Pulock, 1st rounder (15th overall) for Laine and Shesterkin (I have no farm goalies besides Gillies).

3C, 6W, 1F, 4D, 1G daily H2H (points); G (5) A (3), STP (+2), +/- (1), SOG (0.3), Hits (0.2)

I am a huge Jets fan (born & raised in the Peg) so I was willing to overpay (I felt it was anyway) and did so willingly, as I have a pretty deep team (and it's not a money league so what the hey).

It would take a lot more than what I paid (obviously) to pry him out of me, I doubt you could even with McDavid (heart over head in this case).

Would be curious to hear people's thoughts on what I paid - I never posted it anywhere, just decided I would throw a big offer at him and just get Laine. That was his counter on my first out-of-the-blue offer, the only change being he subbed Pulock for Kapanen. I hit accept immediately - like lightning quick .
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post

I'm only even thinking of dealing Laine in a fantasy trade equivalent to the Eric Lindros deal between Philly and Quebec.
    i love Laine but this ask you would not get even for McDavid.

i think the offer he received is actually pretty good, remember there was time when Pulj was ranked higher than Laine, he may just take longer to develop...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Expert

I own Laine. I consider him to be the next Ovechkin. Maybe I am right, maybe not, but that is how I value him. On my team, he is virtually untouchable.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    I'm a Laine owner who recently traded for him. This is what I paid for him in a 16 team Dynasty league this past January:

Rantanen, Fiala, Pulock, 1st rounder (15th overall) for Laine and Shesterkin (I have no farm goalies besides Gillies).

3C, 6W, 1F, 4D, 1G daily H2H (points); G (5) A (3), STP (+2), +/- (1), SOG (0.3), Hits (0.2)

I am a huge Jets fan (born & raised in the Peg) so I was willing to overpay (I felt it was anyway) and did so willingly, as I have a pretty deep team (and it's not a money league so what the hey).

It would take a lot more than what I paid (obviously) to pry him out of me, I doubt you could even with McDavid (heart over head in this case).

Would be curious to hear people's thoughts on what I paid - I never posted it anywhere, just decided I would throw a big offer at him and just get Laine. That was his counter on my first out-of-the-blue offer, the only change being he subbed Pulock for Kapanen. I hit accept immediately - like lightning quick .
    I wouldn't say you stole him, but I don't think you overpaid either. Obviously with each format it's different, but on average I'd think I'm paying somewhere around halfway between what you paid and what Fung is asking for

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post

You should show up to your draft wearing a ski mask. That other GM should be euthanized for trading Laine for that. And you got one of the better long-term G prospects on the planet to boot? Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    i love Laine but this ask you would not get even for McDavid.

i think the offer he received is actually pretty good, remember there was time when Pulj was ranked higher than Laine, he may just take longer to develop...
    Like I said, someone is paying well above sticker for the premier goal scorer of the next decade. I think Laine will eventually score 60, maybe 60+ in a season. In a league where goals are worth double, he's gold.

Puljujarvi stinks. When a Finnish GM who knows him better than anyone passes on him at 3, you know something's up. Haven't been impressed by him at all. Plus he looks like Baby Huey. No thanks.

Dobber Sports Ace

actually i'm a little bit dissapointed about puljujarvi i have not abandon on him but other in the same draft year have perform better then him
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)