Thread: Vasi offer

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Vasi offer

Different league than I've been posting about here but with the same scoring setup, only difference is it's 12 team instead of 16 (for now, expansions planned down the line). I was lucky enough to take over the team below and with all the young pieces this team could be good for years. The only area of improvement I can see for building a solid foundation is to acquire a great young goalie. The Vasilevskiy owner seems willing to move him for a great offer, and is somewhat more of a rebuilding team and needs F/D help. Would it be reasonable for me to offer him something like Couturier+Quick for Vasi? I don't want to mess with this team too much, since the core is great and very young, but acquiring a great young goalie could give me a solid core to build around for years... thanks!!

12 team H2H Dynasty | 22 main roster | 20 prospects
    G,GWG,OG,ShG,A,PPP,SHP,HT,FOW,Hit,Blk,PIM,+/-,SOG | W,SHO,SV,GA,OL,ShL (2.5x for defenseman points)

Main Roster
    F: MacKinnon/Benn/Trocheck/Boeser/Keller/Ehlers/Couturier/T. Johnson/Skinner/Dvorak/Toffoli/Hertl/Vanek

D: Gostisbehere/Provorov/Sergachev/Brodie/Green/Martinez
    G:Quick/Varlamov/Luongo

Prospect Roster
    F​: Pettersson/Necas/Puljujarvi/Vesalainen/A. Nylander/Rubtsov/L. Brown/Chlapik/Gaudette/Benson/Fischer/Goldobin/Gurianov/Haapala
    D: Chabot/Makar/Liljegren/Grzelcyk
    G: Kahkonen/Woll
    16 team H2H Dynasty | 22 main roster | 20 prospects
    G,GWG,OG,ShG,A,PPP,SHP,HT,FOW,Hit,Blk,PIM,+/-,SOG | W,SHO,SV,GA,OL,ShL (2.5x for defenseman points)

Main Roster
    F:Jost/DeBrusk/Bjork/Labanc/Beauvillier/Kempe/Palat/Dzingel/Kreider/Faksa/Killorn/Pearson/Tatar/Wood

D:Maatta/Edmundson/Forbort/Orlov/Dotchin
    G:Elliot/Halak

Prospect Roster
    F​: Necas/Kyrou/Chlapik/Compher/Aston-Reese/Poehling/Bracco/Greenway/Hudon/Lodnia/Senshyn
    D: Lauzon/Dineen/Forsling/Meloche
    G: Sorokin/Soderstrom/Nedelijkovic/Booth/Helvig/Sandstrom/Woll/Petruzzelli

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Vasi offer

I like the idea of Selling Couturier right now. Giroux set a career high in points... so if he comes back down to his average than Couturier will also see significant decline.

And Vasileskiy is talented and much younger than Quick. I like this move a lot.

Dobber Sports Titan

Vas is a great young goalie, however I think Couturier and Quick is a little much to be paying for him. Any chance you could get another F piece back, or give up someone like Skinner/Toffoli instead of Couturier?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

A rebuilding team isn't going to want Quick, and Vasi is the exact player a team like that should be keeping. I don't see this flying as is, never mind with a lesser F.

The Great One

I'm with the last poster, why would a crappy team want to go from Vasi to Quick? Plus, you have a ton of young good players...if you don't want to move anybody young, I'd just give up on acquiring Vasi...

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd make that offer and hoep he accepts. I dont think he will but I;d still make the offer.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Vas is a great young goalie, however I think Couturier and Quick is a little much to be paying for him. Any chance you could get another F piece back, or give up someone like Skinner/Toffoli instead of Couturier?
    personally i dont think there is chance in hell other GM accepts this. Vasil has way more value than this in dynasty settings.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think it's a starting point, but be prepared to add a pick or another young piece to it, if you want it to get done.

I wouldn't worry that much about getting Vas himself, but just trying to get a little bit younger there may work at a better cost. You might also look at finding a guy like Saros to replace Luongo or Varlamov.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I think it's a starting point, but be prepared to add a pick or another young piece to it, if you want it to get done.

I wouldn't worry that much about getting Vas himself, but just trying to get a little bit younger there may work at a better cost. You might also look at finding a guy like Saros to replace Luongo or Varlamov.
    This may be a much more reasonable goal. After asking around the prices on a lot of goalies I'm almost wondering if I'm better off just sitting on what I have for now. Thanks for the input guys!
    16 team H2H Dynasty | 22 main roster | 20 prospects

Main Roster
    F:Jost/DeBrusk/Bjork/Labanc/Beauvillier/Kempe/Palat/Dzingel/Kreider/Faksa/Killorn/Pearson/Tatar/Wood

D:Maatta/Edmundson/Forbort/Orlov/Dotchin
    G:Elliot/Halak

Prospect Roster
    F​: Necas/Kyrou/Chlapik/Compher/Aston-Reese/Poehling/Bracco/Greenway/Hudon/Lodnia/Senshyn
    D: Lauzon/Dineen/Forsling/Meloche
    G: Sorokin/Soderstrom/Nedelijkovic/Booth/Helvig/Sandstrom/Woll/Petruzzelli

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Believe me on saying you will not get Vasi for that price. Arm, leg, and your first born may get it done lol.
    SBFHL | Halifax Plague
    16 team H2H Full Keeper w/ 20man prospects
    G,GWG,OG,ShG,A,PPP,SHP,HT,FOW,Hits,BLK,PIM,+/-,SOG | W,SHO,SV,OL,GA,ShL (2.5x for defensive points)
    SBFHL Champion: 2013-14, 2017-18

Main Roster
    F:Tavares/Malkin/Benn/Pavelski/Tarasenko
    /Granlund/Parise/Dubois/DeBrincat/Ritchie/Chiasson/Marleau/
    D:Hedman/Subban/Doughty/Rielly/Oleksiak/C. Miller
    G:Rask/Quick

Prospect Roster
    F​: Frederic/Foo/Heponiemi/Mantha/Ho-Sang/Groulx/Safin/Hawryluk/Goldobin/Roslovic/Korshkov/Cj. Smith/Bokk/McBain/Greer/Marody
    D: Jokiharju/Perunovich/M. Phiillips/Weegar
    G: Gillies/Brossoit/Wedgewood/Eriksson EK

Dobber Sports Legend

Vasilevskiy is the premier goaltender own in fantasy.
    Yes, I would trade Quick and Couturier for him in a heartbeat if I could.
    Quick is going to start trending down pretty quickly.
    He's 32, he gets hurt, the Kings will go through a transition, etc.
    This could be your last chance to package him with a player coming off a career year for a franchise tender.
    The big question is: why would a rebuilding team even consider trading Andrei Vasilevskiy?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Don't think it will get it done, might as well get started somewhere, they are going to want more - he is going to be stud for the next 10 years.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO