Poll: TB or Wash

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Eastern Conference Final: Tampa Bay Lightning vs Washington Capitals

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Eastern Conference Final: Tampa Bay Lightning vs Washington Capitals

I think it was during the game last night that someone mentioned that Stamkos hadn't scored a goal in a game 7 in a long time or ever.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Eastern Conference Final: Tampa Bay Lightning vs Washington Capitals

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I think it was during the game last night that someone mentioned that Stamkos hadn't scored a goal in a game 7 in a long time or ever.
    I mean...how many has he played in??

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    It makes you wonder because the playoffs are so intense and everyone wants to hit everyone. But if you're thinking about surviving four rounds it's best to keep the intensity down as much as possible. After all hits put both players in danger. Or if you're Tom Wilson the hit may put an additional player or two in danger...

Also psychologically I think players often get caught up in trying to match the other team's physicality, sometimes at the cost of playing good hockey.
    Capitals beg a differ. We will see how they hold up this round but they might be the most physical team I have seen in a playoff since Boston in 2011.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Capitals beg a differ. We will see how they hold up this round but they might be the most physical team I have seen in a playoff since Boston in 2011.
    Long term wear and tear is one of many factors in playoff hockey. It's not a black-and-white answer. It requires more complex thinking.

Also, if Vegas wins then you could go back and say wear and tear played a role.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I mean...how many has he played in??
    He has played in at least 5 now. 2 in 2011. 2 in 2015 and one this year.

He played one playoff game in 2016. Not sure if he played in game 7 against the Pens after returning from an injury or not.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I think Stamkos has played in five Game 7's and has 0 goals and 9 shots total. Ugly stats.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    I think Stamkos has played in five Game 7's and has 0 goals and 9 shots total. Ugly stats.
    Shouldn't he get more criticism then Ovi? Ovi at least has performed great in all his game 7's. Could this just be a Canadian bias playing out? Or is it just that Ovi is leagues above Stamkos in terms of his accomplishments and place in the NHL.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Shouldn't he get more criticism then Ovi? Ovi at least has performed great in all his game 7's. Could this just be a Canadian bias playing out? Or is it just that Ovi is leagues above Stamkos in terms of his accomplishments and place in the NHL.
    Make it six Game 7's for Stammer. Not only 0 goals, but 0 points... and only 9 shots total.
    So... yes... clear media bias.

Right or wrong, Ovechkin has always been compared to Crosby, and has been labelled a choker for years.
    Stamkos' play in Game 7's should be called out by the media who loves pointing fingers and picking out warts.
    But they won't... he's a good old Canadian boy. The same bias is why Doughty won the Norris when it clearly belonged to Karlsson.

Yes, it's a real thing. Human beings are biased. That includes media, writers, etc. ... even ones who genuinely "try" to be impartial.

Dobber Sports Ninja

It's not media bias...

Ovi gets criticized because a player of his greatness and ability should be reasonably expected to deliver a cup (especially with his supporting cast over the years). If Crosby never won a cup, the scrutiny on him would be just as great. Ditto McDavid if he doesn't end up winning a cup.

Stamkos isn't on that level so nobody gives a shit. Same reason nobody is criticising Sam Gagner for not winning a cup and he's Canadian too lol

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    It's not media bias...

Ovi gets criticized because a player of his greatness and ability should be reasonably expected to deliver a cup (especially with his supporting cast over the years). If Crosby never won a cup, the scrutiny on him would be just as great. Ditto McDavid if he doesn't end up winning a cup.

Stamkos isn't on that level so nobody gives a shit. Same reason nobody is criticising Sam Gagner for not winning a cup and he's Canadian too lol
    That's why I put the or at the end of my comment. Looking at it really it's Crosby and Ovi then everyone else over the last decade or so. Followed closely by Malkin/Kane etc.. Then of coarse McDavid will start his won generation which has begun.