Thread: Transforming Metal Baseball Cleats

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Transforming Metal Baseball Cleats

Hello all,

I bought a brand new pair of cleats at the end of last season... and the league has banned metal cleats from the league. Is there any way to transform them into rubber cleats?

My first thought was to use a heat gun and melt rubber over-top of the cleats... but then I had a better idea... ask the Dobber community!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Transforming Metal Baseball Cleats

The reason why the league will have banned the metal cleats is due to safety and potentially distruction of the field. Unless you're at a ball park that was made for metal cleats, they tend to really mark up the infield.

Pouring melted plastic over them wont make them safer or cause less damage. This is likely one of the situations where you should accept your losses, put them on Ebay, and then buy a pair that is legal for the league.

Not sure what type of league your in but I'd also watch out for the rules a little. A friend of mine is in a league where the bat rules are very strict. Last week they did a bat check for psi and it blew up the bat at 60psi, which is about half the legal limit. Obviously they cant blow up your cleats but it would suck to be in the championship and have to wear sneakers

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Transforming Metal Baseball Cleats

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Hello all,

I bought a brand new pair of cleats at the end of last season... and the league has banned metal cleats from the league. Is there any way to transform them into rubber cleats?

My first thought was to use a heat gun and melt rubber over-top of the cleats... but then I had a better idea... ask the Dobber community!
    I always bought cleats that you could unscrew the metals and replace with rubber if metal were banned... otherwise, I wonder if Amazon sells rubber covers that can snap overtop? Someone must have thought about that resolution and cashed in... I'm sure of it.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4