Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trading Claude Giroux

Administrator

Default Re: Trading Claude Giroux

Short answer: Giroux is clearly in sell-high territory

However I think you waited too long. The time to sell is while he's having a dream season out of nowhere. Contenders want a guy like Giroux to push them over the top. You said you received offers. However the best way to move your team forward is not to put his name out there and wait. You have to create your own trade scenarios. Go target players YOU want.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yohyoh View Post
    Its funny you say that Zorro! I was in pretty deep trade talks with the team that had Demko. The starting point where we were at was Demko, Makar for Giroux. I wanted to grab his 1st round pick for the up coming draft, he thought he was over paying... if I were to continue trade talks with him. What do you guys think would work for a deal between our rosters?

heres his roster...
    gmail.com
    FWD JIMMY VESEY - A
    FWD WILLIAM KARLSSON
    FWD PAVEL BUCHNEVICH
    ​FWD VINCENT TROCHECK
    FWD JAKE GUENTZEL
    ​​FWD DEREK RYAN
    FWD JAKUB VRANA
    FWD ALEX DEBRINCAT
    FWD ANDREW MANGIAPANE

​FWD ANTHONY BEAUVILLIER
    ​DEF MICHAEL DEL ZOTTO
    DEF T.J. BRODIE
    DEF SAMI NIKU
    DEF NATHAN BEAULIEU
    ​DEF MATTIAS EKHOLM​ - A
    DEF ERIK JOHNSON - C
    ENF VLADISLAV KAMENEV
    ENF JEAN-GABRIEL PAGEAU
    ​GOL MATT MURRAY
    GOL JON GILLIES
    RES THATCHER DEMKO
    RES CALE MAKAR
    RES ALEKSI HEPONIEMI
    ​RES JAKE OETTINGER
    I would counter with Demko, DeBrincat and Makar for Giroux and Timmons.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohyoh View Post
    Just received an offer,

Claude Giroux
    For
    Jacob Chychrun
    3rd Overall (player I'd select is Zadina)

I like the look of the deal because I LOVE me some Filip Zadina.. not sure it this seems lol sided though.. thoughts?
    This is getting closer. Just being honest, but by the time your teams is in a better stage of contention, Zadina will be trending up, Chychrun could be a 35-38 point D with 10 or 12 goals a year, and Giroux will be heading downward. That said, I would look for another youngish nugget that is a tad more "proven" in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Short answer: Giroux is clearly in sell-high territory

However I think you waited too long. The time to sell is while he's having a dream season out of nowhere. Contenders want a guy like Giroux to push them over the top. You said you received offers. However the best way to move your team forward is not to put his name out there and wait. You have to create your own trade scenarios. Go target players YOU want.
    Eric is right. You need to expand on the offers to get what you want, or create your own offers completely. Giroux is your only big trade chip, so you can't take a bath on this.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I trading Giroux at the end of february to the 1st place team. I finished 3rd...

C. Giroux
    R. Smith
    vs
    J. Eichel
    M. Sergachev
    E. Lindholm

I tried to trade Giroux during the 4 prior declining years and was getting garbagge offers.

Timing is everything !

Dobber Sports Novice

Plan A. travel back in tme to trade deadline 2018, and trade giroux.

Plan B. Wait it out until next deadline and hope he runs hot again because these offers arent attractive

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Clinkers View Post
    I trading Giroux at the end of february to the 1st place team. I finished 3rd...

C. Giroux
    R. Smith
    vs
    J. Eichel
    M. Sergachev
    E. Lindholm

I tried to trade Giroux during the 4 prior declining years and was getting garbagge offers.

Timing is everything !
    Are you still hiding from the police? Hope you're using a VPN.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by briansavage View Post
    Plan A. travel back in tme to trade deadline 2018, and trade giroux.

Plan B. Wait it out until next deadline and hope he runs hot again because these offers arent attractive
    I agree. I received another offer I have not yet responded too..

8th overall (2018 Draft)
    23rd overall (2018 Draft)
    D Gustav Forsling

for

F Claude Giroux

i like it only because I can draft a player like an Oliver Wahlstrom or Evan Bouchard.. I?d just hate to wait to long and get nothing for him. I spoke to the GM who has Demko and Makar but it sounds to me like he wa to to wait till next deadline to move them if he even does. so I guess I shall wait?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

That's a deal where you're hoping to get a 60 point forward from one of two picks for a guy who is that level in a bad year. Not a good enough offer.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    I would counter with Demko, DeBrincat and Makar for Giroux and Timmons.

This is getting closer. Just being honest, but by the time your teams is in a better stage of contention, Zadina will be trending up, Chychrun could be a 35-38 point D with 10 or 12 goals a year, and Giroux will be heading downward. That said, I would look for another youngish nugget that is a tad more "proven" in the mix.

Eric is right. You need to expand on the offers to get what you want, or create your own offers completely. Giroux is your only big trade chip, so you can't take a bath on this.

was in talks with another GM in my league. I approached him with interest in his 3rd overall and 7th overall picks in this years draft. I also inquired about D Jacob Chychrun. I really like chychrun. Rumour has it that Oliver Ekman-Larsson maybe traded (I?m confident he will be regardless even if he signs an extension) which should eventually give chychrun more minutes.

Heres a a starting point in our talks..

3rd Overall
    7th Overall
    D Jacob Chychrun

for

Claude Giroux
    Conor Timmins

ive been trying and trying to pry Demko but the other GM is pretty firm on keeping him( I don?t blame him as he?s projected to be Vancouver?s starter)