Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nolan Patrick

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Nolan Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Definitely Werenski. I think he is personally a bit underrated after a disappointing season. I mean, he still had decent numbers but nothing like the previous season. Jones has certainly taken off and is clearly the first choice on that team, but Werenski is very good and should rebound next year. There is no reason why Columbus can't have two 45-55 pt dmen in Jones and Werenski.
    Leafs just had 2 - 50pt dmen... and I like Werenski's offensive skill set more than either of them. Werenski > Patrick
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by stimperi View Post
    Thanks for the input. Always great to see opinions.

What would you think of a Patrick for Werenski trade?
    If I owned Patrick and could trade him for Werenski, I would have done it so fast that I wouldn't have had time to post this.

Depending on the league settings, I like Patrick, don't love him. He'll be a very good roto player but likely never dominant is any specific area. And he'll be far from an offensive dynamo. I see Patrick topping off at about 60-65 points, during his best years, and that's if he can stay healthy. His injuries are a huge concern of mine - it's the main reason I wanted the Flyers to go off the board and select Casey Mittelstadt at #2. At 18, Patrick has a longer injury history than some NHLer's have when they retire at 36. Every time he takes a big hit, or goes down and doesn't pop right back up, I think to myself, "he's gone a month."

The best thing for fantasy owners could be if / when the Flyers move on from Simmonds and Patrick can set up his net-front presence on the top PP unit. I liken Patrick's upside to a poor man's Anze Kopitar. And I mean a poor version of the 70-75 point Kopitar, not the animal Frankenberry was this year.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    If I owned Patrick and could trade him for Werenski, I would have done it so fast that I wouldn't have had time to post this.

Depending on the league settings, I like Patrick, don't love him. He'll be a very good roto player but likely never dominant is any specific area. And he'll be far from an offensive dynamo. I see Patrick topping off at about 60-65 points, during his best years, and that's if he can stay healthy. His injuries are a huge concern of mine - it's the main reason I wanted the Flyers to go off the board and select Casey Mittelstadt at #2. At 18, Patrick has a longer injury history than some NHLer's have when they retire at 36. Every time he takes a big hit, or goes down and doesn't pop right back up, I think to myself, "he's gone a month."

The best thing for fantasy owners could be if / when the Flyers move on from Simmonds and Patrick can set up his net-front presence on the top PP unit. I liken Patrick's upside to a poor man's Anze Kopitar. And I mean a poor version of the 70-75 point Kopitar, not the animal Frankenberry was this year.
    Agree w it’s nearly everything. But aside from 2016-17 season, Kopitar has usually been a top 30 player by years end, at least in my multicat leagues. I don’t think Patrick will be nearly as good as KOpitar, who is generally a 70 to 80 point player with terrific peripherals. Patrick willbe lucky in my opinion to match match Ryan Johansson let alone Kopitar.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    Agree w it’s nearly everything. But aside from 2016-17 season, Kopitar has usually been a top 30 player by years end, at least in my multicat leagues. I don’t think Patrick will be nearly as good as KOpitar, who is generally a 70 to 80 point player with terrific peripherals. Patrick willbe lucky in my opinion to match match Ryan Johansson let alone Kopitar.
    Oh, Patrick won't match Kopitar, hence "poor man's." Only using Kopitar because they are comparable in style, although Frankenberry is more gifted. But both big centers who are strong but not overly physical. You're right, Kopi is usually a lock for 70+ and I don't see Patrick touching that.