Thread: HELP with Keeper Selction. Looking to repeat.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default HELP with Keeper Selction. Looking to repeat.

For league and team in sig.

Just won my season narrowly edging out 2nd place and this was my 3rd championship in 4 years.

I lost my 1st rounder in the deal that brought me Malkin and Letang which put me over the top.

I?m having trouble with my wingers.

C is easily Tavares and Malkin
    LW is easily Hall, but then who do I choose from Landy, JVR or Reily Smith?
    RW like C is easy taking kucherov and Marner
    D will be Karlsson, Josi, OEL and Letang (with Suter broken)
    G is Andersen and Jones

Utility is messing me up. I understand it to be harder to land a LW than a right wing.
    As such after Matthews, I was thinking 1 of Landy, JVR or Reilly (who ever I didn?t take for LW2). But I could also stick with Stone who is ranked higher.

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: HELP with Keeper Selction. Looking to repeat.

Congrats on your championship!

You're definitely on the path to repeating again with this squad.

Landeskog would be my choice on LW. I think you know what you're getting with him.

Utility id stick with Matthews and Stone. They are so much better than jvr and Reilly that it should be prioritized over position in this situation. Draft a LW early.

Next season I may look at trying to upgrade Jones in net but your team is easily set to compete as is.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Congrats on your championship!

You're definitely on the path to repeating again with this squad.

Landeskog would be my choice on LW. I think you know what you're getting with him.

Utility id stick with Matthews and Stone. They are so much better than jvr and Reilly that it should be prioritized over position in this situation. Draft a LW early.

Next season I may look at trying to upgrade Jones in net but your team is easily set to compete as is.
    Thanks MZac. Validation on my thoughts as well.

A little concerned about stone esp if Karlsson is moved and Ottawa takes another step to tear down. Then again, JVR’s future is also in flux. Like all over the surprise that is Rielly. If I could move stone for a bump at LW (Huberdeau say), then that may be a wise move. Seems to be more RW than LW avail these days.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Landeskog - Colorado is a way different team now that Duchene is gone... keep him and reap the rewards.

Utility it is between Stone and JVR. My decision would come down to what happens with Karlsson and JVR this season.

If Karlsson is in Ottawa then I would keep Stone. But I also want to see where JVR ends up. Say he ends up signing in Pittsburgh or Edmonton... then I probably want him.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Landeskog - Colorado is a way different team now that Duchene is gone... keep him and reap the rewards.

Utility it is between Stone and JVR. My decision would come down to what happens with Karlsson and JVR this season.

If Karlsson is in Ottawa then I would keep Stone. But I also want to see where JVR ends up. Say he ends up signing in Pittsburgh or Edmonton... then I probably want him.
    Very fair points. If you can hold off on your selection until some landing spots are confirmed that would be wise.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Stud

I like Landy here. That line; and Colorado as a whole, are just getting started

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Thanks gents. And yes I have time. Everyone is scared to trade with me. Lol.

So unless there are some late deals, looks like I’m just selecting my guys and setting the rest free

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Thanks gents. And yes I have time. Everyone is scared to trade with me. Lol.

So unless there are some late deals, looks like I’m just selecting my guys and setting the rest free
    I'm late to the discussion, but if that's the case, you might just try for some pick upgrades. gaining a few rounds is usuallyt he kind of thing people are willing to do, even if they think you will get the better of them normally. I agree with the Landeskog consensus at LW.

Utility 2 is between Stone & JVR does come down to landing spots. Both could be on the move, frankly.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Thanks again guys and Stevegamer. Better late than never. Pretty much articulated my own thoughts.

Landy will slot in as LW 2 behind Hall and ill wait and see where JVR and Stone look to start their seasons for the final spot then unload for pick upgrades.

Cheers all!