Poll: Bruins or Leafs

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports Legend

Default Re: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Leafs need the 1st goal. They cannot be chasing this game at all.
    Definitely. They need to establish their ownership of the game early on. The longer it remains close, or if the Bruins get a lead, it'll be scary. The B's have way too much leadership, grit and character to bet against them in a nail-biter. I'm really hoping Matthews comes out early and puts his stamp on two goals.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Matthews... another dude who's been invisible this series.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    you should see lots of him during warmups...camera loves him
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    you should see lots of him during warmups...camera loves him
    I'll be seeing him from the front row tonight at the ACC. I'll be sure to bang the glass and voice my displeasure with his performance so far.

Dobber Sports Legend

I was listening to Pierre this morning and he made some very valid points about Matthews. Unlike with Giroux's disappearing act in Philly, the deck is really stacked against Matthews.

For one - and Pierre didn't even go there - I personally think Matthews is hurting pretty bad. He hasn't looked the same to me since he went down mid-season. He looks like a completely different player, and it didn't suddenly start in the playoffs.

As for Pierre's take, he said that the Bruins have orchestrated a plan to stop Matthews at all costs, and it involves the combination of the Chara+McAvoy D pairing and Patrice Bergeron. Their goal is to contain Matthews and roll the dice that the rest of the Leafs can't beat them.

Chara is a freak at 41 and is still a top-end shutdown D due to his strength, smarts, wingspan, and the benefit-of-the-doubt he'll receive in the playoffs, when it comes to any borderline penalty call.

McAvoy played with Matthews for two years at the USDC and knows his game inside and out. He is also very strong, smart, and quick enough to play the angles on Auston.

If that elite D pairing isn't enough, the B's have sicked a perennial Selke winner on the kid in Bergeron. That is a tough draw for any top player, let alone a 20 year old during his 2nd ever playoff.

Notice Matthews did his damage when Chara and McAvoy weren't on the ice. That is why I think it's so important for Matthews to strike early tonight. If he can get one, or parts of two, in spite of the Bruins D scheme against him, it will be a huge motivation for the Leafs.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I know they're playing him tight - but everyone plays Crosby tight too and he still finds a way to make it happen. That's what being a superstar is all about. Granted - Crosby was also average in his first few playoffs before hoisting the cup so maybe I'm being harsh.

I agree he hasn't looked the same since the injury. Who knows what he's nursing.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I know they're playing him tight - but everyone plays Crosby tight too and he still finds a way to make it happen. That's what being a superstar is all about. Granted - Crosby was also average in his first few playoffs before hoisting the cup so maybe I'm being harsh.

I agree he hasn't looked the same since the injury. Who knows what he's nursing.
    Kadri still needs to make amends for his suspension. There's an opportunity here for him to be the difference maker and can Kappy get goal...
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I'll be seeing him from the front row tonight at the ACC. I'll be sure to bang the glass and voice my displeasure with his performance so far.
    Beauty, let us know how it goes!! I wonder what Rask's record is in games after being pulled?? Should be a good game..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Legend

A little harsh, I think.

Matthews isn't Sid. I don't think Sid was even Sid until he matured and gained some hard experience. Also, Matthews doesn't have anything close to a Malkin like Sid does to relieve some pressure.

I'm willing to give Matthews a pass this round / playoffs, mainly because I think his injury has hampered his game. His explosiveness and release are a shell of what they were early on. I'm thinking his injury is either head related (after effects of a concussion) or a core / shoulder one that could unfortunately require surgery in the summer.

The way I've always looked at it, for young superstars that break into the league at 18 is: You have until you're 22 to take in the league, learn and mature. At that point, all training wheels are off and it's time to deliver the goods after April. Anything significant that is accomplished prior is gravy. It's why I'm not really beating up McDavid for the Edmonton step back. But, this time next year, McDavid will take more heat if the Oil underachieve massively.

Dobber Sports Legend

Awesome screen, Hainsey. Good grief.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Awesome screen, Hainsey. Good grief.
    They call that ‘net front prescence’ right?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Legend

The NHL needs to stop with these "goalie interference" challenges. Enough is enough with this crap. Are you kidding me?? Hyman gets taken into the crease by Bergeron and the play is reversed?!

Dobber Sports Stud

cmon... though i agree its a bit much overall but that was interference.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Legend

If the Bruins score more goals in this games, there's no doubt Ron Hainsey is going to be on the ice for all of them.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    If the Bruins score more goals in this games, there's no doubt Ron Hainsey is going to be on the ice for all of them.
    I'm sure the refs will have something to do with it as well.