Default Re: Pittsburgh Penguins vs Philadelphia Flyers

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Screw it. I'm going to do 4

WPG vs TB
    WPG vs BOS
    NSH vs TB
    NSH vs BOS
    Those would be the 4 I would submit
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ace

Winnipeg - Pittsburgh

I believe in my team, and not just a homer kind of believe - they are the reigning back-to-back champions.

Both of these teams are very deep and roll 4 solid lines. Winnipeg some very good defencemen and a goalie that has been impressive. Many people have questioned Pittsburgh's D over the years, back to back championships speak for themselves.

If you insist on hedging your bets, I would go with:

WPG - PIT
    WPG - TB
    NSH - PIT
    NSH - TB
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Monster

I did two teams WPG vs TB final. Got a feeling thats what it will be. Cash in twice if I'm right. Be like 800 or so dollars lol.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Thoughts On Giroux?s hit?
    Missed the hit live and I think I only saw one really quick replay of it. Looked like Letang ran into the back of Giroux. Would like to see it again.

EDIT: just watched the replay. It happened really fast and Giroux was knocked around and ended up going backwards. Letang and Giroux collided. Giroux saw Letang at the last second but really couldn't to anything about it. Braced himself. Letang got smoked. No one would be throwing themselves up and back in that position. I think its ricidiulous to say that he left his feet to hit him.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I thought it looked more like Giroux looked back and jumped into him when he saw Letang there. After the Doughty suspension & Kadri's... I think Giroux gets at least 1 game, the puck was in another zone at the time of the contact. I wouldn't be surprised to see a multiple game suspension... or nothing.

Edit: no hearing for Giroux
    The slow motion makes it look worse than it was. He knew that Letang was there, but certainly didn't jump backwards to hit him. He also didn't care if Letang got smoked. It happened to fast, there was little he could do about it anyway. Brace for the hit and hope for the best. I'm glad to see sanity prevailed with the NHL officials.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Missed the hit live and I think I only saw one really quick replay of it. Looked like Letang ran into the back of Giroux. Would like to see it again.
    I think it’s safe to say that if there hasn’t been anything said by now there won’t be from nhl safety.https://www.google.ca/amp/s/247sport...-117321136/Amp
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

I think it’s safe to say that if there hasn’t been anything said by now there won’t be from nhl safety.https://www.google.ca/amp/s/247sport...-117321136/Amp
    I heard this morning that there wasn't going to be a hearing. Can't remember where I got that from though.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I heard this morning that there wasn't going to be a hearing. Can't remember where I got that from though.
    Well thanks for sharing!! Haha. I was waiting to hear.

​​

Dobber Sports Genius

A big part of the awkwardness of that hit was that Giroux had to avoid hitting Couturier and Letang just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Can Philadelphia really beat Pittsburgh? And if they do, what are their chances at making the Conference Finals? I'm doing my playoff box pool. Doing 4 Stanley Cup Final scenarios: WPG vs PHI, NSH vs PHI, WPG vs TB, NSH vs TB. I was going to throw in Pittsburgh but my brother has the Pittsburgh side so one of us will win it ... lol I hope.
    I have WPG vs BOS or NAS vs. BOS
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Flyers only road team to get the split. San Jose won 2 on road. And Columbus has won one and could win two tonight. I though there would be more series at 1-1. I thought Boston-Toronto and San Jose-Anaheim would be 1-1 for sure!

Flyers only road team to get the split. San Jose won 2 on road. And Columbus has won one and could win two tonight. I though there would be more series at 1-1. I thought Boston-Toronto and San Jose-Anaheim would be 1-1 for sure!
    I actually think Boston should be up 3-0 right now.. I'm hoping the BJ's go up 2-0 tonight in DC..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Immortal

Holy crap what a start to this Game 3.

Dobber Sports Monster

This reminds me of their series back in 2012 or 2011. What a series that was. I want to hear more 'Crosby sucks' chants.

Dobber Sports Immortal

This reminds me of their series back in 2012 or 2011. What a series that was. I want to hear more 'Crosby sucks' chants.
    If it were that series it would be 3-3 already!