Poll: Penguns or Flyers

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgh Penguins vs Philadelphia Flyers

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Pittsburgh Penguins vs Philadelphia Flyers

I see your Couturier and raise you one Pretzel
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Monster

Philly Fans right now ....

Sure let them play but when it's a blatant trip on a Philly player in his own defensive zone it's a different story. Looks really bad since it lead to a goal there.

Dobber Sports Genius

Nuts. I don't mind Pitts, but I was hoping for an upset. Still a pretty valiant effort by the Flyers! -4 for Giroux and Filppula is brutal. Step it up in the big games, guys! Tonnes of respect for Couturier, though.

Dobber Sports Sage

I think it's safe to say that was a pretty bad trip that resulted in a goal. It's also safe to say that missed call didn't lose the game for the fliers when they allowed 7 others. Still sucks for Philly fans.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    WOW they're going to count that? Going to be a riot in Philly LOL. Man, I want Pitts to win but man that was a bad trip by Letang. WTF
    WOW is right. There are TWO refs on the ice, right? Just brutal. These are the best officials in hockey? Seriously, in a one goal game, you don't make that call and then PIT scores!? Scathing example of poor officiating. I guess they have to be fair...no, no they don't. They have to set a standard and call the penalties as they see them. I don't care if one team has 4 penalties in a row, if it's a penalty, it's a penalty. These guys are supposedly professionals?

Of course PIT was going to win this game, or at the very least, the series, but why give everyone ammunition to criticize the officiating? Brutal.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports All-Star

If Philly can only turn one of their talented defencman into a steady goalie. Not blaming Neuvirth but, he isn't the answer.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Pittsburgh Penguins in 6..
    You're good man!! I understand you can't get them all right but wow!! HaHa
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    I never liked that Schenn trade. Spoke openly about my bewilderment over it. He was moved for Lehtera, a first-round pick (27th overall - Morgan Frost) in 2017 and a conditional first-round pick in 2018.

That trade still pisses me off actually. Lehtera is a borderline NHL player. If we move him in a hockey trade.... ok. Not giving him away for a pick and a conditional pick. FFS. It was a trade for a team that doesn't believe it can win. A bad message to the team and a kick in the guts to the fans.

I said what I said about that trade way before his breakout. I was pissed off at selling a 59 point player for a bag of pucks. He was very useful. Always worked hard and a great team player. **** me.... I'm still pissed actually.
    I am sorry to bring it up after seeing your disgust.. I was just thinking about that trade this weekend and was wondering why it was ever made..

I also think Philly is going to win the cup in the next 10 years, I mean they have too.. They have stock piled blue chip prospects.. And Carter Hart is a beast!!

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    I think Philly is going to put up a good fight but Pittsburgh has too many monsters on their team. Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Letang. They just have to hope Murray holds it together.

Penguins in 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Pittsburgh Penguins in 6..
    Great minds think alike.

Dobber Sports Titan

Couturier is a beast to have played those games with a partially torn MCL.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Couturier is a beast to have played those games with a partially torn MCL.
    Just unbelievable what he accomplished in game 5 and 6 while being that hurt.. He should have been out atleast a month and he comes out and plays like that.. Wow..

It baffles my mind that guys like Gudas/Polak still have jobs.. But that's fir another day..

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    They couldn't call it, they just gave them a PP. That's the sad reality of playoff reffing. It's not actually about getting the calls right, it's about looking fair to both teams.
    Thats BS. They could call it. At times they gave Philly 4 or 5 penalties in a row.

I think the Refs need to start asking themselves two questions:

1) If Crosby was on the receiving end of that would we call it a penalty?

2) If Crosby did that to someone else would we call it a penalty?

That lumberjack slash that lead to the 6th goal.. that was deflating and it should never have been allowed. Even if the Penguins were on the Penalty kill at the time...

A Penalty is a penalty... and it shouldn't matter which team Crosby is on, or which end of the penalty Crosby is on, or if Crosby's team was just recently on the penalty and Crosby might bad-mouth me for making the call after the game.

There is WAY too much bias in reffing, commentating and media in the favour of Crosby and it is getting old.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    WOW is right. There are TWO refs on the ice, right? Just brutal. These are the best officials in hockey? Seriously, in a one goal game, you don't make that call and then PIT scores!? Scathing example of poor officiating. I guess they have to be fair...no, no they don't. They have to set a standard and call the penalties as they see them. I don't care if one team has 4 penalties in a row, if it's a penalty, it's a penalty. These guys are supposedly professionals?

Of course PIT was going to win this game, or at the very least, the series, but why give everyone ammunition to criticize the officiating? Brutal.
    Amen Brother!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Thats BS. They could call it. At times they gave Philly 4 or 5 penalties in a row.

That lumberjack slash that lead to the 6th goal.. that was deflating and it should never have been allowed. Even if the Penguins were on the Penalty kill at the time...

A Penalty is a penalty... and it shouldn't matter which team Crosby is on, or which end of the penalty Crosby is on, or if Crosby's team was just recently on the penalty and Crosby might bad-mouth me for making the call after the game.

There is WAY too much bias in reffing, commentating and media in the favour of Crosby and it is getting old.
    it's true, they could have called it... just ask Toronto
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post

Outside of King Solomon, I'n not quite sure who invented the notion of fairness... Nothing is ever fair, or going to be. Not in the animal kingdom, not in the human kingdom. Things just "are" and if we didn't have the ability to influence how the things that "are" came to be, then we must cope with the result, whether positive or negative. Heck, we must even cope if we had the ability to influence it, and the result was not what we had intended or hoped for.

With that sentiment in mind, all I do is hope for my favourite team to win, but know that the statistical odds of that ever occurring consistently over my lifetime are so infinitesimally low, that my hope is very subdued.

I don't see another Cup for Crosby. The West is real strong this time.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck