Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 mock drafts

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: 2018 mock drafts

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Tkachuk is definitely a top-5 prospect - I just wonder if his recent announcement could hurt his stock even a little, especially if a team picking top 5 was hoping to see their 1st pick battle for a starting gig. Teams like Montreal and Ottawa have every incentive to "improve now" ... especially the Sens who have handed the Avs a non-protected 1st round pick.
    He hasn?t announced anything, so not sure why you keep saying that .

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebarnes View Post
    He hasn?t announced anything, so not sure why you keep saying that .
    I've yet to see him say it publicly but all reports I've read are saying BU is expecting him to return. They were looking for a replacement but that appears to not be the case now. Pretty sure he's going back.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    I've yet to see him say it publicly but all reports I've read are saying BU is expecting him to return. They were looking for a replacement but that appears to not be the case now. Pretty sure he's going back.
    One report said it. But he hasn?t said anything nor has his agent . Once drafted and attends a dev camp, money talks.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    I know at one point, Tkachuk was number 2 on Button's list. I believe he had Dahlin, Tkachuk and Svechnikov as the top 3.
    Its my understanding that Button does not rate players he hasn't seen play live. I could be mistaken but it sometimes tweaks his lists
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Its my understanding that Button does not rate players he hasn't seen play live. I could be mistaken but it sometimes tweaks his lists
    I think he actually mentioned that in his article.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Garth Snow is still a GM??
    theres alot of smoke , but no fire yet ! lombardi's name resurfaced again yesterday via a tweet from jimmy murphy (murphyslaw) as someone that would join lou lams with new structure .

Dobber Sports Legend

If Lou is going to the Island, I wonder if it's a hail mary pass to try and persuade Tavares to stay.

Dobber Sports Jedi

or maybe mark hunter? he traded for Tavares in 08/09 with London, maybe he can convince him to stay as new GM?? (I don't think anyone has heard 'boo' from Hunter since Dubas was named GM)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    or maybe mark hunter? he traded for Tavares in 08/09 with London, maybe he can convince him to stay as new GM?? (I don't think anyone has heard 'boo' from Hunter since Dubas was named GM)
    Good point.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Good point.
    I'd rather he stay in Tor for at least a few more drafts.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I'd rather he stay in Tor for at least a few more drafts.
    I think everyone, including Dubas and Shanny, does as well.

Dobber Sports Stud

I think its fair to say that 1 of Wahlstrom/Tkachuk does not last past Chicago at 8
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebarnes View Post
    nobody? That's not true. Did you not read Bob McKenzues latest rankings? Tkachuk is top 5 in every reputable source. He has first line upside
    Yeah, he's top 5 in a Tom Wilson kind of way. Maybe a 50 point center that can throw body checks. Overrated for fantasy, IMO. I'd still rather see Ottawa swing for the fences on upside...

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Yeah, he's top 5 in a Tom Wilson kind of way. Maybe a 50 point center that can throw body checks. Overrated for fantasy, IMO. I'd still rather see Ottawa swing for the fences on upside...
    he is not a centre. I?m sorry but that?s an insult to Tkachuk to compare him to Wilson. The skill level is not similar. For fantasy that?s a different story altogether though. I?m just talking about real life

For Ottawa I want upside as well and I think Brady has a lot of it. I don?t want a one dimensional guy like Hoffman or skinner who does nothing else

Dobber Sports Padawan

Personally I want to see Ottawa draft a forward. I feel like spending a 4th overall on an offensive defenseman is risky?we can?t be drafting to replace a guy like Karlsson, because the odds are infinitesimal he turns out even half of what Karlsson is. if we had a mid round pick I?d be good with taking that risk but no.

I see it like this: if we lose Karlsson the whole approach in Ottawa changes. In fact with time the approach is gonna have to change. He won?t be young and fast forever. He is who we run our offence around now like it or not. Drafting a scoring forward gives us more options up front to offset a loss of, or decline from, Karlsson.

Gimme Tkachuk or Wahlstrom, I?m happy. I really like the idea of Tkachuk but wahlstrom is really good and almost a full year younger. Gotta think there?s more development to come.