Thread: Zetterberg for D. Sedin?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Zetterberg for D. Sedin?

In a keeper pool (team below - haven\'t updated it since the draft, so I\'ve added Dan Boyle and Kovalchuk).

Zetts is about 20-30% higher salary than Sedin and has one year left on his contract and is then eligible for renewal after an auction. Sedin has three years left.

I\'m thinking of trading Zetts while he\'s healthy and has a career(ish) year under his belt while Sedin is coming off one of his worse years.

I think that shorter contract time AND higher cost will make a straight up deal unpalatable. What would you need to make this palatable if you were the other GM?

Thanks!
    12 Tm Keeper League
    3-6 C 6-9 Wing 6-7D 2G
    P,A,+/-,PIM,PPG,GA,Saves

C: McTavish, Elias Pettersson, J.T. Miller
    W: Boeser, Huberdeau, Kakko, Bratt, Gaudreau, Giroux, Jarvis, Kyrou, Boldy, Tuch
    D: Werenski, Hughes, Korchinski, Montour, Ekblad, Sanheim
    G: Sorokin, Shesterkin

Farm:
    C: Rossi
    W: Raymond, Berggren, Pelletier, Peterka
    D: Perunovich, Sandin, Timmins, Hutson
    G: Kochetkov

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Sedin has 3 years left? How? They didnt even really start re-negotiating as far as I know. Both are in contract years.

Most might disagree with me but im gonna go with Sedin and say the deal is more than palatable. At least you know what you\'re getting: 80 points and a clean bill of health. I think that can be overlooked too easily when people focus on points. Zetts career could end tomorrow with how flaky his back is. Not the case with Sedin.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I should clarify - we have our own salary cap/contract length system in the pool. That is not in reference to real NHL salaries.

I\'m looking to get rid of Zetts, so I\'m wondering what it would take to sell that deal. Do you think it has a chance of going through with nothing else passing hands?
    12 Tm Keeper League
    3-6 C 6-9 Wing 6-7D 2G
    P,A,+/-,PIM,PPG,GA,Saves

C: McTavish, Elias Pettersson, J.T. Miller
    W: Boeser, Huberdeau, Kakko, Bratt, Gaudreau, Giroux, Jarvis, Kyrou, Boldy, Tuch
    D: Werenski, Hughes, Korchinski, Montour, Ekblad, Sanheim
    G: Sorokin, Shesterkin

Farm:
    C: Rossi
    W: Raymond, Berggren, Pelletier, Peterka
    D: Perunovich, Sandin, Timmins, Hutson
    G: Kochetkov

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Their is a very good chance it goes through. 92 points with a chance to get 100 points most years blinds people to the fact that he\'s a band-aid boy. It\'s the same reason people still draft Martin Havlat and pick up Peter Forsberg.

Banned

yeah its not a bad deal for you at all given the cap and contract restrictions you mentioned...basically you\'re trading down only slightly for a guy who is like clockwork with his pts, you save cap space and you have him locked up for 3 times as long