Thread: Philippe Myers

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Philippe Myers

Heard he's a Sanheim type of player. What's his offensive potential?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Philippe Myers

Quote Originally Posted by MasterX57 View Post
    Heard he's a Sanheim type of player. What's his offensive potential?
    It is so tough to predict what is going to happen with the Flyers D. Who will get PP minutes behind Ghost.

Provorov? Sanheim? Myers? It’s a bit of a crowd right now and I have to say Provorov will likely get the minutes of PP2.

If if he can get good minutes I can see him being a 30-40 point guy.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Keep in mind that Myers is a right handed shot while guys like Provorov and Gostisbehere are both lefties. Nothing saying he wont share PP1 or even PP2 time down the road with those guys.

I am a big fan of Myers but patience needs to be shown. He's just finishing up his first pro season and its been respectable all things considered. What he needs to do to improve is to find a way to avoid injuries.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

PHI fans (incl. theathletic's Charlie O'Connor) all foresee a PHI top 4D of Ghost(L),Provorov(L),Sanheim(L),Myers(R).
    O'Connor calls the potential in those four as "Nashville-esque".

Myers is considered a very solid two-way defenseman that will likely play big minutes.
    His skating & decision making is NHL-level, which you don't find in most larger defensemen these days.

One possibility is that Sanheim(L)-Myers(R) becomes the PHI 2nd pair... but effectively eating the most ES-minutes the way that Vlasic-Braun do for SJ.
    Provorov-Ghost has worked quite well with both as lefties and could be a pair they keep going forward.

I think Myers will be road-blocked from PP-time,
    So I think 30-35pts is what he'll get yearly.

As for next year, PHI still has A.MacDonald, Gudas, Hagg, and Sanheim to go with Ghost/Provorov.
    So Philly will need to make a decision on whether they want Myers to be their D7 and possibly a healthy-scratch... whether that's better than logging D1 minutes in the AHL.
    We'll see... many hope/expect they will try to move Gudas.

One thing though... PHI is going to be an absolute NHL powerhouse in about 2 years and Myers will be a part of that.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    PHI fans (incl. theathletic's Charlie O'Connor) all foresee a PHI top 4D of Ghost(L),Provorov(L),Sanheim(L),Myers(R).
    O'Connor calls the potential in those four as "Nashville-esque".

Myers is considered a very solid two-way defenseman that will likely play big minutes.
    His skating & decision making is NHL-level, which you don't find in most larger defensemen these days.

One possibility is that Sanheim(L)-Myers(R) becomes the PHI 2nd pair... but effectively eating the most ES-minutes the way that Vlasic-Braun do for SJ.

I think Myers will be road-blocked from PP-time,
    So I think 30-35pts is what he'll get yearly.

But PHI is going to be an absolute NHL powerhouse in about 2 years.
    Keep singing Pengwin!! Keep singing... this is all music to my ears!!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Keep singing Pengwin!! Keep singing... this is all music to my ears!!!
    I was going to jump in with a brilliant post. I think I'll just keep quiet. (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Legend

Being a Flyers fan, here's my take on Myers - he's very underrated by the masses but extremely gifted. I like his potential place in Philly, mainly due to:

a) He was undrafted and the Flyers took a chance on him. Why is this important? Wouldn't you love to be the team that showed enough foresight to give a kid a chance and he turns out to be a star, 50 point defenseman? The Flyers are high on him - rightfully so - and will give him every chance to prove them right.

b) He's the only righty the Flyers have that could play a key role.

Now, here are the things that concern me fantasy-wise...

a) He's buried behind Ghost and Provorov, let alone Sanheim. Being a right shot could help, but the Flyers love Ghost being the top dog on the PP and I don't see that changing. So yes, Philly could be Preds-esque, but Myers will likely be the Ekholm of the bunch.

b) Dare I day, "band-aid boy?" Ugh, I hope not. But I just see it in him. He's just one of those guys that seems to have the Erik Johnson, Kris Letang gene. I hope I'm wrong, but...