Thread: NHL Ready D-man Prospects

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default NHL Ready D-man Prospects

Our league only allows keepers on a max 5 year contract. When will Dahlin be NHL ready?
    Who would be the best rookie to try to get ahead of for next years draft if I'd want the most production within 2 years?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: NHL Ready D-man Prospects

Welcome to the forums.

No one knows for sure but I am gambling on Dahlin being in the NHL next year.

As far as the answer to you second question, it's kind of hard to answer seeing as we dont know who's available for prospects.

Also, a tip for you when posting for help. It always helps when you post your league information, roster and league setup. IE - yahoo, fantrax, ESPN? What categories do you use? Daily or weekly starts? Salary cap? Things like that will help to get the most replies, and the most accurate.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Dahlin will be in the NHL next year

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sophomore

It's a pretty longstanding rule that defense prospects tend to have a difficult learning curve. Forwards seems to have much greater immediate impact . Which makes sense, teams aren't going to play a defenseman that is a liability defensively. That's focus one and the offense tends to filter through in year 2 and breaks through fully by year 3. Keep that in mind with defenseman, Dahlen is of course going to be playing from day 1. But 40 points out of him would be fine and 50 would be stellar.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Dahlin will be in the NHL next year. I think he will be an immediate impact to whichever team drafts him but depending on your pools format, he may not be as relevant as a player like Svechnikov or Zadina. In my pool, we have lower values on D men and the majority of teams stick to forwards. Unless you're a guy like EK, Burns or Hedman. Dahlin in my opinion is NHL ready, but again, depending on your pools format, there may be better options out there.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Dahlin... I vote that he is in the NHL next year.

As for the rest of your question... as Axeman mentioned it is hard to know who is avaialble and you will get more repsonse if you do a bit of homework and make a short list of who is avaialable.

Without knowing who is available I will throw a dart out there and say McAvoy and Chabot!

The Great One

Is Chabot still a rookie next year? If so I'd go with him a good option. Juulsen in Montreal has looked quite good thus far here at the end of the season.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Great One

Dahlin will be in the NHL next year and has the chance to be a very special player.

I don't think he'll be top-2 D on his team as an 18 year old, though.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Dahlin will be in the NHL next year and has the chance to be a very special player.

I don't think he'll be top-2 D on his team as an 18 year old, though.
    If the Oilers win the lottery again he might be
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO