The Great One

Default Re: 2018 Dobber NHL Playoff Draft

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    I like the larger roster as well.

Thats what she said?

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    I have a question and will give an example to help explain what I am asking.
    Let's say I draft Taylor Hall with a mid-round pick but NJ doesn't end up making the playoffs. I assume I'll be aloud to swap him out for an undrafted player post draft. But since we are starting early on Wednesday, is it fair to let people swap out a player (only if the team is officially eliminated) with their next pick. What I'm saying is this:

Taylor Hall drafted in Round 5.
    By the time Round 9 rolls around, NJ are eliminated.
    For my next pick (when it is my turn) can I swap Taylor Hall for an undrafted player AND make my regular scheduled selection or will I have to wait until post draft to swap out any players that won't be in the playoffs?

Figured it's better to iron out the wrinkles now rather than in-draft, especially since the answer to this question will surely affect draft strategy.
    Hopefully by the time the draft is under way we will know who is in. Devils could pretty much put away Florida if they win over Habs tonight.

On the West side its much more complicated. But by Wednesday it might be clearer. I'm sure MacKinnon fans are curious how the Avs fare these next few days.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of mid or post-draft swaps since this isn't a moves league, but if people want that option I guess I won't stand in your way...

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Great One

Given that Varlamov and Johnson are now out for an extended period I’m guessing Colorado misses the dance. I agree with you guys - no swapping of drafted players during the draft. Just manage your risk as best you can...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I have a question and will give an example to help explain what I am asking.
    Let's say I draft Taylor Hall with a mid-round pick but NJ doesn't end up making the playoffs. I assume I'll be aloud to swap him out for an undrafted player post draft. But since we are starting early on Wednesday, is it fair to let people swap out a player (only if the team is officially eliminated) with their next pick. What I'm saying is this:

Taylor Hall drafted in Round 5.
    By the time Round 9 rolls around, NJ are eliminated.
    For my next pick (when it is my turn) can I swap Taylor Hall for an undrafted player AND make my regular scheduled selection or will I have to wait until post draft to swap out any players that won't be in the playoffs?

Figured it's better to iron out the wrinkles now rather than in-draft, especially since the answer to this question will surely affect draft strategy.

I don't mind this idea... the swaps would only be able to be made for a player that is picked and that later his team is eliminated from making a playoff spot. I think some people are reading it as if you can pick up someone new when your player is eliminated in Round 1. I am pretty sure Duster Dave means that if the team does not make it into the playoffs.

Say I picked John Tavares, then the Isles get eliminated.. there should be some protection for me so that I am not starting with one less player than everyone else going into Round 1 the start of playoff.

This is how I see it working best.

Team A takes Erik Karlsson
    Team B takes Mark Stone
    Team C takes Mike Hoffman

I think that once we find out that Ottawa is eliminated... that those three teams can re-make there selections to me at any time following the draft order in the appropriate order that players from that team were selected. I do not think it is fair to make a team have to wait until there next pick... and this could cause people stall in making there picks. It is not fair if Team A makes a selection and there are 23 picks until his next pick at the time that we find out Ottawa is eliminated.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Big Daddy

Sorry, wasn't trying to complicate things but I just saw this scenario playing out in my head during the draft and figured it should be brought up before we start so everyone is on the same page. I'm fine etb whatever decision is made. The good thing is the players on the bubble teams likely won't be selected in the first few rounds and hopefully all teams will have clinched by the time we make it in a few rounds.

The Great One

Yeah I see what you’re saying now. It’s looking more and more clear each day who will not be making it in. PenguinHunter I’m cool either way...just excited to start. And to make sure I have this correct - after the draft our teams are set...no drops and pick-ups as the playoffs progress?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Yeah I see what you’re saying now. It’s looking more and more clear each day who will not be making it in. PenguinHunter I’m cool either way...just excited to start. And to make sure I have this correct - after the draft our teams are set...no drops and pick-ups as the playoffs progress?
    Yes, that is correct... no drops or pickups as the playoffs progress... as soon as the draft is done... your roster is complete for the entirety of the playoffs.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

I am going to set up the draft order now.

I do not have an email for stevegamer but I will use my 2nd email address - [email protected] for his and everyone can vouch that they received the email to confirm that the draft order is legit!

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

Woooooooooooo ready to go

I have set up the draft order using fantasy pros.

If someone could confirm that they received an email from fantasy pros that would be great!

Thanks,

​​

Zorr makes the first pick with confidence!! haha

tweetdrivr and everyone else... there is no pressure to make your picks until Wednesday... but I won't hold anyone back if they have confidence like Zorro...

​​

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Zorr makes the first pick with confidence!! haha

tweetdrivr and everyone else... there is no pressure to make your picks until Wednesday... but I won't hold anyone back if they have confidence like Zorro...

With A-U-T-H-O-R-I-T-Y!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Immortal

Woweeeeeeeeeeeeee this is going to be a fun one. Lots up in the air this year.

Big Daddy

I have absolutely no idea who I should target at 4th overall. This draft is going to be VERY interesting. Should mention that we should probably not drop player names moving forward until after they are selected. We did this in the Dobber Baseball draft. Don't want to influence anyone's picks by saying something like "I can't believe __________ is still available!"

I have absolutely no idea who I should target at 4th overall. This draft is going to be VERY interesting. Should mention that we should probably not drop player names moving forward until after they are selected. We did this in the Dobber Baseball draft. Don't want to influence anyone's picks by saying something like "I can't believe __________ is still available!"
    I agree 100% fully with this... especially when we are drafting deep into the playoff teams... 12*14 = 168 with 16 teams making playoffs that is an average of more than 10 players per team.

​​