Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is everyone eliminated??

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Is everyone eliminated??

Noticed this the past few years....things reaaaaallllllllllly die down here in terms of lineup advice around this time of year.

Is it because we suck at giving advice and everyone is eliminated in the first or second round???

Or we're so good that no one has questions anymore??

Administrator

Default Re: Is everyone eliminated??

Trade deadline is passed, a lot of teams are out in H2H competition and a lot of non-H2H pools already have the outcome decided.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Noticed this the past few years....things reaaaaallllllllllly die down here in terms of lineup advice around this time of year.

Is it because we suck at giving advice and everyone is eliminated in the first or second round???

I made a post about the upcoming draft looking for advice. I plan on bringing up at least one of my rookie picks so if you have any thoughts, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Definitely the bolded one!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Administrator

There's also diving into monstrous projects such as rebuilding Frozen Pool that cut into availability.

Note: This is the first and only "rebuild" that will ever be attached to my name!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm still in a dog fight for the championship in my points only league
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Titan

Still have 8 of my leagues that I'm either in H2H playoffs for, or jockeying for a championship in ROTO. Lots of hockey left!

I agree though, it does get a lot slower between now and playoffs, but then it picks right back up again for playoff drafts.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Still have 8 of my leagues that I'm either in H2H playoffs for, or jockeying for a championship in ROTO. Lots of hockey left!

I agree though, it does get a lot slower between now and playoffs, but then it picks right back up again for playoff drafts.
    Lol ya but somehow you never ask for help haha

The Great One

I noticed things have slowed down in the 'General Hockey' forum for quite some time now.

Dobber Sports Titan

Lol ya but somehow you never ask for help haha
    Haha, where's the fun in that?
    Realistically though, I'm usually too quick in discussions that by the time I posted something and got answers on it, the deal would be completely different, or accepted/declined.
    I learn all I need to just from being around the forum and keeping a pulse on what other people are thinking. So much more useful to answer 5 questions than to ask one.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Keeper leagues that have trade deadlines don't really need anymore advice until the season is over and we all start thinking about the NHL draft!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Keeper leagues that have trade deadlines don't really need anymore advice until the season is over and we all start thinking about the NHL draft!!
    Or at least a lot less. Still lots of decisions with waivers, add/drops, injuries, who to start, etc.
    You are right though, the trade deadline is really the point where traffic drops, not just people being bumped out of contention.

Dobber Sports Ace

in my championship week, fighting for the win!
    12 Team, One year, Points only - G,A,PPG,SHG, no positional restrictions
    2 points goalie W, 2 points goalie SHO, -.5 goalie loss, start 1 goalie per night
    Hughes, Panarin, Connor, Konecny, Terry, Necas, Gaudreau, Schmaltz, Nichushkin, Zacha
    Makar, Hedman, Andersson, DeAngelo
    Gustavsson, Talbot

Dobber Sports Grand Master

My question asking perked up, then became irrelevant. In only the one dynasty league, and lost in the semis due to Vanek going off on my opponents bench then having a unsolvable goalie conundrum. Needed a tie either of those two weeks to advance, lost both.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

This whole year I wasn't really posting in the fantasy hockey section, which was kind of odd for me. Just needed to take a break from it.

I also took a MLB/NBA trade deadline approach. I knew I wasn't going to do well against the top team even though I was a top 3 team, I traded everyone I could off for picks.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll