Thread: Pick my 2 final keepers (Ehlers, Point, Keller, Burns)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Pick my 2 final keepers (Ehlers, Point, Keller, Burns)

Hello fellow puckheads,

I got bounced in the first round partially because Eichel, Matthews and Murray were injured and Vasilevskiy didn?t play up to his usual standard that specific week. Since I?ve got a lot of quality players and can only fit 10, I want your advice.

Note: We added Blocked Shots as a stat for next season which brings our total to 8 (forwards) + 4 (goalies)

#1) McDavid
    #2) Matthews
    #3) Eichel
    #4) Gaudreau
    #5) Laine
    #6) Vasilevskiy
    #7) Murray
    #8) Rask
    #9)
    10)

Pick Two :
    N.Ehlers (He?s gotta be a lock, isn?t he?)
    B.Point (My biggest positive surprise. Very good player with great situation)
    C.Keller (So much potential for a huge breakout)
    B.Burns (Logical choice but he?s 33 and I hate that)
    M.Duchene (Nah.... )

Gun to my head right now I?m leaning on Ehlers and Keller. What?s for damn sure though is that I will trade away my surplus for other assets like picks and/or a package for an upgrade on another keeper.
    12-team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (10 keepers)
    Cats: G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, SHOTS BLOCKED, W, GAA, Saves, Save%

Original draft was 2015
    Year #1 = Tanked hard (finished last)
    Year #2 = Playoff League Champion
    Year #3 = Lost in Playoffs but traded Murray for 2nd best odds at #1. (Will draft Dahlin).

10 Keepers
    Keepers: C.McDavid (C), J.Eichel (C), A.Matthews (C), P.Laine (LW-RW), J.Gaudreau (LW), N.Ehlers (LW-RW), C.Keller (LW), T.Rask (G), A.Vasilevskiy (G) + ??? (Keeper #10)
    Potential Keepers : J.Saros, T.Demko, M.Sergachev, M.Duchene, J.Puljujarvi.
    Other Players: Not worth mentioning...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Pick my 2 final keepers (Ehlers, Point, Keller, Burns)

I'm bad at following instuctions, so I'm going to pick 3, and punt Murray. I see no reason to keep 3 goalies, and Murray could bring a nice return from a team who is looking to "buy low" on a young band-aid boy who is surplus for you. You have guys to package with him, and there's got to be somebody starving for a goalie.

1. Burns - best player on your list, no D keeper that I see.
    2. Ehlers - since you have positions, having another dual wing sets your forwards up very nicely.
    3. Point - he's producing well and I prefer him to Keller. If you think dealing Point makes more sense, I wouldn't argue.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I'm bad at following instuctions, so I'm going to pick 3, and punt Murray. I see no reason to keep 3 goalies, and Murray could bring a nice return from a team who is looking to "buy low" on a young band-aid boy who is surplus for you. You have guys to package with him, and there's got to be somebody starving for a goalie.

2. Ehlers - since you have positions, having another dual wing sets your forwards up very nicely.
    3. Point - he's producing well and I prefer him to Keller. If you think dealing Point makes more sense, I wouldn't argue.
    Absolutely! Can't add to this.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post

I very much agree with not keeping Murray and using him in a package as trade bait to upgrade your keepers. I wouldn’t object to swapping Keller and Point as #3 on the list.
    12 Team Weekly H2H, Daily Lineups. Keep 7 + 1 Prospect (<164 NHL games).
    Scoring:
    PLAYER: G(3), A(2), D Pts(addt'l 0.7), +/-(0.5), PPP(addt'l 1), SHP(addt'l 0.5), SOG(0.4), BLK(0.8)
    GOALIE: W(2), GA(-1.5), Saves(0.3), SO(3)
    Positions - 3C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 5 Bench, 4 IR, 1 prospect

C - J Hughes(LW), Hintz, Malkin, Pinto
    LW - M Tkachuk(RW), Robertson
    RW - Rust, Necas, Zuccarello
    D - Makar, Fox, Bouchard, Roy, Krug
    G - Oettinger, Thompson, Wedgewood
    Prospect Keeper - L Hughes(D)
    IR - Hill(G)

2024 Picks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

I had only previously slightly considered packaging Murray for either a better keeper or a draft pick but it looks like it's the smart thing to do. I know I have 0 defensement in my keepers but Burns' age is an issue for me. If you take a look at my other keeper, you can tell that youth is at a premium.

No love from Clayton Keller from anyone? If he explodes and becomes a star I will regret trading him away. As you can tell I am very high on Keller.

Original draft was 2015
    Year #3 = Lost in Playoffs but traded Murray for 2nd best odds at #1. (Will draft Dahlin).

10 Keepers
    Keepers: C.McDavid (C), J.Eichel (C), A.Matthews (C), P.Laine (LW-RW), J.Gaudreau (LW), N.Ehlers (LW-RW), C.Keller (LW), T.Rask (G), A.Vasilevskiy (G) + ??? (Keeper #10)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Yeah, I would be very hesitant to drop Keller. I think he's got the best upside of Point, Ehlers and him. I would take him over Ehlers at this point.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Trade Murray and Ehlers for draft picks to replace these guys.. Keep Burns Keller Point.. Where does Sergachev fit in all this??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Trade Murray and Ehlers for draft picks to replace these guys.. Keep Burns Keller Point.. Where does Sergachev fit in all this??
    Why is it always so easy to trade players for draft picks? Not in my leagues. And especially to a team that doesn't look kosher, being they legitimately have 7 of the top 20 keepers. And frankly, why would a team give up draft capital for a player they can draft? It's counter intuitive for the rest of the league.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Martin5150 View Post
    Why is it always so easy to trade players for draft picks? Not in my leagues. And especially to a team that doesn't look kosher, being they legitimately have 7 of the top 20 keepers. And frankly, why would a team give up draft capital for a player they can draft? It's counter intuitive for the rest of the league.
    Well, owners know that they can have my surplus at a discount and there is no way in hell that I will simply not protect those players and leave assets on the table to be drafted. Instead, I offer them discounts on the players' true value and they significantly improve their keepers, therefore get an edge on other GMs. After seing the first few posts, I let out a public feeler on Matt Murray to the other owners and 4 people said they were highly interested in a matter of minutes.

Just like when a retail store goes out of business, the discounts are tremendous until someone bites and the inventory is cleaned out. The store owner won't just give his stock away for free simply cause he's closing shop. He'll cut down the prices until nothing is left. Same principle.

Any good GM gets something for his surplus (that has value!) during the summer after the playoffs and before his keeper draft in September.

Original draft was 2015

10 Keepers

Dobber Sports Sage

Burns
    Ehlers
    Keller

Trade Murray and Point. You need to get over burns being 33 or you will regret it. Plus you have no other d men. Burns is the best player and a no brainer on your team.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Sophomore

And of course, punt Murray and keep Point Ehlers and Burns