W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Is Duncan Keith done?

Interesting...just an observation about the thread - during the season everyone said Keith, but now that it's the fantasy offseason everyone is saying Montour. And I think everyone was responding with a view to next season. I said Keith in my response but now I see myself thinking Montour...pretty the major shift. I have a few theories but I'm not entirely sure.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Jedi

I would not write Keith off, it's Keith afterall, another 50pt season out of him would not surprise me. it just won't be sexy. very few goals, no peripheral stats, whereas Montour is on the rise. I'd do my best to sell Keith off for anything I can next year when he gets hot - as I think he will. A lot went wrong for everyone in Chicago last year.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd keep Montour.

I'm not as high on the Blackhawks having a bounce back season next year as others are. Keith is 34 and is clearly not the player he once was.

Dobber Sports Ace

I own him as a depth D in two leagues, and I'm holding. His value is as low as it's ever been right now, and I do like both the Hawks and Keith for a moderate rebound. Obviously if there are better options take it, but I don't think he's done as long as your expectations are reasonable.

Dobber Sports Legend

Moving forward, I like Montour more, especially with G worth 2x. The way I see it:

Keith (6/39/45) = 51 FPTS
    Montour (11/30/41) = 52 FPTS

Even if the ^ happens, Montour wins by a hair. Then there's a 10 year age difference. And I wouldn't be surprised if Montour scored 12 goals and 45 points this season... he has 50 point potential moving forward.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

He's not done at all. That's crazy talk. Keith will bring value for several years still, just don't expect him to be a dominant fantasy producer. I believe we can count on him to chip in a chunk of powerplay points, roughly 40 points and a decent number (~100ish blocks) for a few seasons yet. If Chicago can get their forwards sorted out, maybe he can get back up into the 45-50 range for a couple seasons, but that's a gamble I wouldn't be taking right now. They definitely need another dynamic winger in the mix, for Saad to get himself sorted and DeBrincat to take that next big leap. It's certainly possible.

Blackhawks fans on the other hand will probably disagree, seeing an aging veteran defender signed til 2022-23 and not really capable of moving the needle for the team anymore. This is fair, but it's a far cry from being 'done' IMO. Expectations should be lowered for Keith, for sure, but he's a highly intelligent player who can be effective into his late-30s. He also doesn't exactly have a top pairing-level partner to play with, heck he barely has a top 4 guy -- Seabrook? I think he's the one we should be discussing as potentially 'done.' Connor Murphy, Jan Rutta... Let's see how Keith does with a competent RHD.

If you're looking to acquire Keith, he could be had on the cheap. If I had him on my team, he'd be the guy that rounds out my group and potentially makes it the top defence core in my pool.