Quote Originally Posted by FFleming5 View Post
Now, I don't seem to understand the confusion on the draft rules. We each currently have 10 keeper players, the rest are all redraft players. So if each manager leaves 2 players exposed, it will be from our keeper lists meaning that each new GM would receive 5 lower end keeper players from each existing manager's roster. The remaining 4 picks would be chosen out of the remaining FA pool. Giving every manager 9 players or 9 potential keepers. Then the normal draft would commence.

Chances are that if drafted well the new managers could be somewhat competitive in the first year w/o likely a chance at winning, however, could be in a good spot after 1 or 2 seasons depending on how their drafts go and players develop.
My confusion was regarding whether they were picking from just the bottom 2 from your whole roster (a literal reading of "will leave 2 players exposed") or your unprotected roster, plus your "bottom" 2 keepers, which is what is seems to be. That wasn't obvious, at least to me. If they can pick from any of 17 unprotected players on a roster, that should work just fine. I'm guessing you were planning to have the expansion draft after keepers were selected, which was not made clear. Good luck, and it sounds like you know the owners already, which helps a ton.