Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Goalies spot starts thread

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Goalies spot starts thread

Quote Originally Posted by ozterfrans View Post
    Tough call tonight. I'm in the semi-finals, and I currently lead a fierce goalie matchup by a slight margin:

W 5-3
    GAA 1.39 - 1.50
    SV% .947 - .957
    SO 1 - 1

Possible starters tonight are Allen vs Canucks, Murray vs Devils and Gibson vs Jets. Gibson and Murray are the better goalies, Allen faces the weaker team. Who would you pick and/or sit? (My opponent has Helle vs Anaheim tonight).
    Probably would depend what the other categories are at for me. You've had a great week so far in net.

Dobber Sports Padawan

What are the chances Saros starts tomorrow vs MIN instead of Sunday vs WPG?
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenInferno View Post
    What are the chances Saros starts tomorrow vs MIN instead of Sunday vs WPG?
    Based on last night I could see it happening. But not sure what Nash normally does on B2B this year.

Dobber Sports Titan

I think WPG is the bigger statement game for Nashville, so I could see it, but at best it's 50/50
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Based on last night I could see it happening. But not sure what Nash normally does on B2B this year.
    Looking back on the last few weeks in the Yahoo game log it looks like he started the second game of the last two b2b's. So odds are looking like a Sunday start vs WPG.

On that note, would dropping him now for Ty Rattie be a good move? He also plays Sunday and is enjoying McDavid's heater. I'll either be starting Saros vs WPG or Rattie vs ANH. I don't know if Rattie will still be an FA before the NSH starter is announced tomorrow so I'm feeling a little time crunch.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Looking back on the last few weeks in the Yahoo game log it looks like he started the second game of the last two b2b's. So odds are looking like a Sunday start vs WPG.

On that note, would dropping him now for Ty Rattie be a good move? He also plays Sunday and is enjoying McDavid's heater. I'll either be starting Saros vs WPG or Rattie vs ANH. I don't know if Rattie will still be an FA before the NSH starter is announced tomorrow so I'm feeling a little time crunch.
    Can you fit him in Saturday as well or no room? Believe Edmonton has a B2B.....

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Can you fit him in Saturday as well or no room? Believe Edmonton has a B2B.....
    Definitely no room for Rattie on Saturday since I'm already benching Nylander and Reinhart, but I could hold him into the finals and maybe ride out more points long term. I think I'll probably ditch Saros and take Rattie before my competition does.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Definitely no room for Rattie on Saturday since I'm already benching Nylander and Reinhart, but I could hold him into the finals and maybe ride out more points long term. I think I'll probably ditch Saros and take Rattie before my competition does.
    Not a bad idea. Good luck!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by ozterfrans View Post
    Tough call tonight. I'm in the semi-finals, and I currently lead a fierce goalie matchup by a slight margin:

W 5-3
    GAA 1.39 - 1.50
    SV% .947 - .957
    SO 1 - 1

Possible starters tonight are Allen vs Canucks, Murray vs Devils and Gibson vs Jets. Gibson and Murray are the better goalies, Allen faces the weaker team. Who would you pick and/or sit? (My opponent has Helle vs Anaheim tonight).
    I'm picking up Allen vs the Canucks tonight. VAN is playing the second game of a back-to-back on the road.
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Ullmark starting tonight at home for Buffalo against the Habs....man I'm desperate for saves and wins. Anyone else rolling with him? bueller bueller....

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Linus Ullmark vs. Montreal - The spot starts of all spot starts (for me).

I just used my final move for the week in 2 of my leagues on Linus Ullmark and everything (could be) riding on his performance tonight. In the first league it is the championship matchup (vs. our friend Eskimo Brother) and the only chance I have at winning is if I can win all the goaltending categories (currently losing all 3) and I still need a bit of help in the skater categories but I have a strong team so I needed to use my final add on a goalie. This one is a very long shot but I pretty much need a shutout tonight and everything else to go right for me in goaltending the rest of the weekend. I have less than 5% of hope in a comeback but hey, that's what Hail Mary's are for.

In my second matchup it is for 3rd place and it is similar to my championship matchup. It is likely to be decided by goaltending which I currently lead all categories but barely. Need a solid performance from Ullmark tonight and it wouldn't hurt if Buffalo used him back-to-back. I've never had so much riding on a single goalie start. Pretty exciting for us fantasy connoisseurs.
    DD is. An impassioned plea....

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Whats the chances Raanta, M. Subban starts tomorrow night? Need a garunteed start as Holtby is DTD and Grubauer is playing well and i missed out on him.

Or should i go with Saros for a garunteed start? B2B this weekend.
    H2H - Keep 3 players + 1 D - 12 teams - 2 C, 2 RW, 2 LW, 4 D, 2 G +bench.

S - G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG
    G - W, GAA, SV%, SO

C - McDavid,Scheifele,
    RW -
    LW -
    D - Reilly
    G -

H2H - Keep 4 players + 1 D - 12 - 3 C, 3 RW, 3 LW, 4 D, 2 G +bench.

S - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HITS, BLKS
    G- W, SV%, GAA, SO
    C- Seguin
    RW-Kane,Marner
    LW-
    D- Hedman
    G- Vasilevskiey

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Linus Ullmark vs. Montreal - The spot starts of all spot starts (for me).

I just used my final move for the week in 2 of my leagues on Linus Ullmark and everything (could be) riding on his performance tonight. In the first league it is the championship matchup (vs. our friend Eskimo Brother) and the only chance I have at winning is if I can win all the goaltending categories (currently losing all 3) and I still need a bit of help in the skater categories but I have a strong team so I needed to use my final add on a goalie. This one is a very long shot but I pretty much need a shutout tonight and everything else to go right for me in goaltending the rest of the weekend. I have less than 5% of hope in a comeback but hey, that's what Hail Mary's are for.

In my second matchup it is for 3rd place and it is similar to my championship matchup. It is likely to be decided by goaltending which I currently lead all categories but barely. Need a solid performance from Ullmark tonight and it wouldn't hurt if Buffalo used him back-to-back. I've never had so much riding on a single goalie start. Pretty exciting for us fantasy connoisseurs.
    Best of luck! I have Niemi in another pool so I have a double reason to cheer for Montreal tonight haha. If there were two teams that you have good odds of shutting out, it would be Buffalo and Montreal, so it should be interesting.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by tictactao View Post
    Whats the chances Raanta, M. Subban starts tomorrow night? Need a garunteed start as Holtby is DTD and Grubauer is playing well and i missed out on him.

Or should i go with Saros for a garunteed start? B2B this weekend.
    O. Dansk just got sent back down, so Fleury is probably more likely to go than Subban. However, still a good chance they rest Fleury and just have him backing up.
    As for Raanta, I would say it's pretty good odds that he starts.

With the way things are shaking out, I would go with:
    1) Raanta
    2) Saros
    3) Subban

Dobber Sports Rookie

For today's spot start, I can't decide between Ulmark or Niemi.
    Both meh goalies playing a terrible team that can't score.

Yahoo pickups seems to lean heavily towards Ulmark, but all the stats and metrics seem to have edge for Montreal (niemi).
    What am i missing; why is everyone going for ulmark over niemi?