I traded for Jamie Benn back in Dec, and he was putting up points consistently, but has gone cold since Jan 25 (13 games, 1 G, 6 A), and Dallas PP is struggling. Maybe not the best time to put feelers out there on him, but he's still a high end lw I think (behind Hall, Gaudreau, Ovechkin, Marchand), and was even ranked #1 by NHL.com going into the season (for what it's worth).

I paid a fair amount to get him (Monahan, Kuznetsov + 7 for Benn/Guentzel + 4). My plan had been to maybe sign him to 4 after the season, but then I picked up Barkov, so he'll be my 4, and Benn would slot nicely as my 2.

I'm currently fighting for 4th place, and don't have to do anything right now, but just considering different options.

I think I'll have a good mix of youth (Barkov/Boeser) and experience (Wheeler, Benn, Kopitar or Patches), but could always get a little younger.

In my format (goals being weighted heavier), and not having faceoffs, shots, pims, and so on, would you just ride out Benn, and slot him as a 2, or do you think Forsberg would be a good target/would be better as my 2? Or is there someone that you would consider as a better target if I move Benn? I don't know what the exact deal would look like, or if the other gm is interested, but he traded for Forsberg in Jan so obviously likes him. He traded for my Huberdeau in Mar of the 2016/17 season, and he moved him in Jan this year (in a different deal than the Forsberg one), so he's willing to wheel and deal. I won't have a 3 yr slot open going into next year, as Wheeler will occupy that spot, and I have no reason to move my top fantasy producer at this point, so that's why I'm mentioning the 2 year slot.