Thread: Trade Suggestion - I'll Rep

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Trade Suggestion - I'll Rep

My planned keepers going into next year are:

Barkov (4), Wheeler (3), Benn (2), Patches or Kopitar (1), Boeser (rookie carry-over).

I think it's a pretty solid group, but obviously could get a little younger.

I've always had interest in Clayton Keller, but the only logical guy I could see moving in a deal to get him is Wheeler, but Wheeler is such a late bloomer, and he's on pace for 95 pts, so is he a slam dunk to hold onto? I'm currently fighting for the last money spot (4th), so obviously no rush to do anything, but just looking for general opinions, whether it's to do something now, or in the off-season. The team that owns Keller traded me Benn, so he's obviously not going to trade back for him (we did the trade in Dec).

His roster: Panarin, Trochek, Connor, Kuznetsov, Johnson, Keller, Barrie, Myers, Larkin, Bobrovsky.

Bench: Lindholm, Fiala, Howard
    IR: Crawford
    Rookie slot: Tuch

He's not going to carry Tuck over, it'll be between Keller and Connor, and if he hangs onto both, 1 will be rookie carry-over, and the other a regular keeper. But I know he's trying to move 1 of Connor or Keller.

Do you think my keeper group is solid, beyond this year, or would you look to shake it up at all? If so, what would you offer to try and grab Keller? I think the slotting is appropriate, nice to have a good young guy in 4 yr slot (since I have someone as an option), Benn solid as 2, Wheeler I signed to 4 before this year, and he's lights out, and Kop or Patches is just for a short slot. I can see people thinking Wheeler is a no brainer guy to keep, but I just salivate over the upside of Keller, and Wheeler is probably at his peak right now. His production is good in terms of helping me right now, but I still need to think ahead.

The other option to consider is putting a guy like Benn in play, but moving him in a deal where I get a guy like Forsberg back, I just don't know that Forsberg is ever as good as Benn, although he does have better fp/g due to less games played/Benn's slump. It's 2.75 for Forsberg, 2.45 for Benn.

That team: Monahan, Stamkos, Forsberg, Reinhart, Oshie, Perry, Muzzin, Suter, Hischier, Fleury.
    Bench: Drouin, Hornqvist, Johansen, Dubnyk

You can trade draft picks in my league, and this team is loaded with them. I can just stand pat in regards to Benn too, since he's bound to return to a 75-80 pt pace I think, and can help me for 2 seasons beyond this one maybe more than Forsberg would, but just want to get some opinions on my keeper plans.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Trade Suggestion - I'll Rep

What about Pacioretty and Kopitar for Keller and Connor??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    What about Pacioretty and Boeser for Keller and Connor??
    Hmm, interesting thought. The issue there is, Patches value is low right now, and he expects a lot for Keller. Now I wasn't considering moving Boeser, but the only issue with this deal is, I can only carry 1 rookie over, and my other keeper slots are filled.

Would my format being goal heavy, or the fact I would likely lose Connor at end of season influence your proposal? I mean shedding Patches contract is good, but the purpose of that is because I think Kopitar is the better guy to keep, but he'll be my 4th keeper, and my rookie carry-over would go from Boeser to Keller.

I guess there is some logic to it, because I clear a contract, it's just is Boeser to Keller really something you would do on my end?
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Kopitar Pacioretty and Boeser for Keller Connor and Trochek

Dobber Sports Pro

Kopitar Pacioretty and Boeser for Keller Connor and Trochek
    What about the fact I already own Barkov from Florida? I guess you like the idea of Trocheck more as a short keeper than Kop or Patches, even though Kop is having a rebound year? I guess I just like having talent spread around, I don't mind so much if I have a keeper from Florida, then say I draft a guy from that team, but just never thought of having 2 guys from the same team as keepers, even if 1 is just a short keeper. And what am I doing, basically trying to move Connor after the season, and if I can't, drop him? I mean I won't have room to hold onto him and Keller, especially if you're saying Trocheck is a guy to keep.

It's definitely a younger group on the right, but we're just talking about my 1 year slot, so not overly worried if I have to put Kopitar or Patches there. I mean I used a 4 yr slot on Wheeler, and he's 31, but he's obviously a rare case of a guy improving with age.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Sorry I didn't realize you had locked guys into keeper spots for a specific amount of time.. Ya that would be tough having Connor in a one year spot. But I believe you could get more for him then you would Pacioretty. Kopitar is having a huge bounce back season.

You have a good team, but to get younger you may need to make a deal like this. I would love to have both Barkov and Trochek on my keeper league team.. It never hurts to have two players from one team if both players are stars!!

Dobber Sports Pro

Sorry I didn't realize you had locked guys into keeper spots for a specific amount of time.. Ya that would be tough having Connor in a one year spot. But I believe you could get more for him then you would Pacioretty. Kopitar is having a huge bounce back season.

You have a good team, but to get younger you may need to make a deal like this. I would love to have both Barkov and Trochek on my keeper league team.. It never hurts to have two players from one team if both players are stars!!
    If I move out Kopitar, Patches and Boeser, I'll still only be able to hang onto 2 of Keller, Connor, and Trocheck, because I'm already committed to 3 keepers for next year (Wheeler, Barkov, Benn). So say I do the deal, I'm fine going Boeser to Keller as my rookie, and Kopitar or Patches to Trocheck as my 1 yr, but Connor just wouldn't fit. He would be fine for ROS, and would have good trade value I think, but it would be a case of flipping him after the season if I could, because I still prefer Keller to Connor in terms of a rookie carry-over.

I don't think I'll do anything for the moment, but will keep my options open. My plan is still to trade or buyout of 1 yr left of Patches (50$) and keep Kopitar as my 1, but that could change. Lots of time! I just like the idea of having all of my group of 5 from different teams, and I think Kopitar is still the better fantasy asset than Trocheck, at least when looking at a short keeper slot. Troch is having a great year, but Kop even better, and Kop is the more proven asset. He is the engine that drives the LA offence, and Troch is 1 of the guys (along with Barkov, and Huberdeau). I guess it's just more discouraging when you have 2 guys from the same team, and that team gets shutdown and you get nothing, haha. I mean I haven't owned 2 keepers from the same team, but I've had a keeper from a particular team, then a drafted guy for instance (so last year, Kuzy keeper, and Oshie I drafted). It worked out fine because I finished 3rd, but I guess I'm just a proponent of diversify as much as possible.

I may not be able to get "younger" until Wheeler is in my 2 year slot, and Barkov 3, because I'll have a 4 yr slot open after that particular season. You ideally want to go with younger guys in your long-term keeper slots, I made an exception with Wheeler because he was my best option for 4, and is a late bloomer.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax