Thread: [re-signed] Erik Gudbranson

Dobber Sports Deity

Default [re-signed] Erik Gudbranson

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...04426262552576

Gudbranson will get $4.4M next season, $4.6M the season after that and $3M in the third and final year of the deal, for an AAV of $4M. This contract does NOT include a NTC of any kind: https://t.co/2yniGgs8co
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: [re-signed] Erik Gudbranson

Way better deal than I thought it would be. Phew. Nice work Jim!

Next step is to trade Tanev to the Leafs for a boatload and get what you can for Vanek.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Yeah, this isn't all that bad actually. No NTC and especially no NMC is very important, and the three-year term is fine as well. They can expose him in the 2020 Seattle expansion draft or trade him with one year and $3M in salary remaining at that point.

Dobber Sports Genius

If the idea is to populate the Canucks with youth for the next few years you want to have a big and mean and capable player skating out there with them. I like Gudbranson. Every team wants a guy like him on their team. The Canucks don't have an in-house replacement and $4M was what he was going to get on the open market.

I approve!
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Am I the only one that thinks he's terrible? If they really want a pylon then just sign Luke Schenn for league minimum and use the extra cap space to improve the roster elsewhere.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks he's terrible? If they really want a pylon then just sign Luke Schenn for league minimum and use the extra cap space to improve the roster elsewhere.
    Im with you. Not to mention, he spends more time on the IR than on the ice.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

So happy the nucks locked him up. All the talk to the leafs scared me! I’m with Axe and Praba. Enjoy the injury prone sub par D Vancouver .

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I agree too.
    I know he's well-liked and has those intangibles that GMs love to overpay for (never to later regret) but Gudbranson strikes me as a replaceable part, not someone you want to commit to...
    but....

It's only a 3 year contract and salary back dives. He is only 26 (not 33). There isn't any sort of no movement clause. The Canucks have boatloads of cap space. The Canucks near-future roster projects to be kids that will need some leadership and protection. Sure, he may be slightly overpaid for a 4th/5th D but I don't get the venom this signing is bringing out?
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Veteran

He isn't anything special on the ice but since Benning traded for him (and overpaid) it was inevitable he would resign Gudbranson. I am happy that Jim didn't hurt the team's future with the contract.