Thread: Wilson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Wilson

Wilson is having a coming out year. He has always been a beast in PIM/Hits, but has really upped his point production this year.

He is playing at nearly a 40pt pace and getting time with OV and Backstrom. I know his point production is highly tied to them, but how should Wilson be valued in leagues that count PIM and Hits moving forward?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Darn, I was hoping to see an announcement that Ron Wilson was coming back to coach.
    I am much happier that it was news about Tom Wilson... and yes... finally... and this could be for the caps come playoffs...

And do you want Wilson back as the Leafs coach?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Superstar

Ron who??

Wilson, and I think to an awful lot of folks' surprise, has established himself as an option to skate 1st line minutes. Is this a lock moving forward, I really don't think so. That said, Wilson does have some offensive upside which was demonstrated in his last year with the OHL's Plymouth Whalers when he put up 58 pts in 48 games. I don't think we are looking at a Milan Lucic or a Wayne Simmonds here, but if he can consistently deliver 25 - 30 pts and huge PIM, HITS and decent SOG he most definitely becomes a blue chip multi cat contributor that you probably want on your roster. If you are looking for 40+ pts here, you may be disappointed but if you have a multi cat format in a moderately deep league, then Tom Wilson will have considerable value.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Sage

Wilson has a ranking of #27 in our league this season. He's still only 23. I traded Dell for him last offseason and have been very pleased.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov