Page 52 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2 42 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 62 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 DobberBaseball League

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: 2018 DobberBaseball League

Long story short, Im happy with my hitters but not overly happy with my pitchers. They may surprise me but I feel they will be my demise again this year.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

PH team looks great so far. That OF is just stacked!

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Batter Averages per player on my team:

Runs - 90 Target average was 85
    Home Runs - 22 Target average was 25
    RBI - 83 Target average was 85
    Stolen Bases - 11 Target average was 15
    Average - .291 Target average was .280
    OPS - .8424 Target average was .8500

Pitchers:

Wins - 13 (not including RP) Target average was 10
    Strikeouts - 172 (not including RP) Target average was 160
    ERA - 3.31 Target average was 3.30
    WHIP - 1.199 Target average was 1.25
    Saves - 32 (not including SP) Target average was 35

Overall I am happy with where my player averages are based on projections for the year.
    Love this post! Are these averages based off of Yahoo projections?
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Immortal

1.2 - Altuve. Can't really complain here. Guy is an absolute machine and is almost prolific in 5 cats.

2.19 - This will be my sticking point if Seager sucks. As some might remember I was in Mexico.....but was very excited to get this going and wanted to try to keep it moving. When my 2nd pick came up frigging 19th overall.....I just assumed Machado was gone. Which again....I know Im going to hate myself for this. But yeah....went Seager. Realized on the way back when Axe took him and was just devastated.

3.22 - As I said when I drafted him....it's a free league. While I don't think he'll live up to last year....it will be fun to cheer for if he does. Also knowing I have Altuve kind of balances out Judge's Avg. Plus it's an OPS league so he will be elite there as well.

4.39 - Verlander: Degrom, Carrasco, Severino went pretty much right before I picked, so figured it was time to make a move for an ace that I can count on.

5.42 - Abreu. Round 5 for this guy?!? I feel like he drops because he's not flashy....but he's consistent as hell. Plus CWS should be a little better this year so that should help things. I've drafted him in both leagues so far.

6 - Yelich. Again not flashy but I love him this year. Change in park should be a big boost as his numbers at Marlins Park have been worse than they are on the road for a few years now. Surrounded by Santana, Thames, Shaw and Braun?? Yes please.

7. Kimbrel. Never go for elite RP but decided to change it up here. Going forward I kind of like it so I might try to do that in my next draft.

8. Buxton. A bunch of SP went and a few OF. Took the upside with Buxton here. Pollock and Schwarber went right before this and I like Buxton better so I was pretty happy. Now have 3 potential top 20 OF in my mind.

9. MIGGY! - Went with best player available and I truly believe a bounce back is coming. All the advanced stats lined up for better numbers last year.

10. Godley. Let's go humidor!! Love his potential this year in that park.

11. Acuna. Was definitely a bit inebriated here but swung for the fences. I actually thought he was starting in the Majors but sounds like he won't. Hopefully it pays off.

12. Castillo. Upside pitcher on a surprise team IMO.

13. Stroman - Had to get a Jay. If he stays healthy should be great.

14. Archie - hoping he closes for what should be a solid team.

15. Gattis - definitely targeted Gattis but man....wish I waited. Molina didn't go until Round 19....and as I mentioned in the thread, always really like Ramos this year. Hopefully Gattis ends up as the main DH.

16. Castellanos - This is kind of where my draft just goes into a daze. I feel like I could have gotten any of my next few picks in any order. Finally got a 3B. Don't love that I have 2 Tigers but hearing big things are coming from this guy.

17. DeJong - given who I ended up with later, wish I went RP here. But Dejong was pretty awesome last year so hoping he continues to improve.

18. Moncada - This always blows my mind in baseball especially. I did a Dynasty draft a few weeks ago and all of these very young guys went SO early. Vladdy, Acuna, Bichette, Jimenez etc. And then guys like Moncada (who was the #1 prospect last year) drop because of a bad couple months. I'll take the upside here. Hoping he gets 3B eligibility.

19. Holland. Please sign with Chicago. Morrow will not last as closer.

20. Corbin. Another humidor monster. Yes please.

21. Scooter! Another 3B and OF option who was suprisingly awesome last year. He had that 4 homer game and everyone went nuts, but AFTER that game in June he was a top 5 2B! Like...not including it. That's pretty great.

22. Roark. Had Lamet lined up but once again I end up with Roark. I think I just hope he'll manage and rack up a bunch of wins. He's not very good though.

23. Giolito. Hopeful breakout. Another post hype pick .

24. Jimmy Nelson. Hopeful for a mid season return. Had a breakout year last year so fingers crossed.

25. Senzel. 3B for my NA slot since that's my weakest position.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Love this post! Are these averages based off of Yahoo projections?
    No... they are actually based off of my own projections... I use a weighted 3 year average and the projections from CBS
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

We have an N/A slot? Definitely didn't have that on my radar.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    We have an N/A slot? Definitely didn't have that on my radar.
    Haha yep. Same as last year.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Welll.....even though we're waiting for 2014OG......I'm open to trading! !

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Welll.....even though we're waiting for 2014OG......I'm open to trading! !
    Just checking - did you see the earlier post about the waiver priority being out of order?

Dobber Sports Pro

Looks like you cannot take someone from waivers and put the straight onto n/a or DL? Does that sound right. In hockey we could.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Just checking - did you see the earlier post about the waiver priority being out of order?
    I will fix it today.

Quote Originally Posted by GSD View Post
    Looks like you cannot take someone from waivers and put the straight onto n/a or DL? Does that sound right. In hockey we could.
    In yahoo hockey?? I thought you always had to drop someone.

Big Daddy

I think it was a new option starting this season in hockey where you can add a player in free agency directly to an IR, IR+ or NA slot. Not sure if it is an option in baseball.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by GSD View Post
    That would be a decision for the league to make and the commish to implement when discussing settings. I see that there is an option for it (just DL I believe, not NA) and I think was introduced last year (?), but prefer we don't do it. It feels like a loophole to avoid having to drop someone, which I feel is better and forces us to make possible challenging decisions.

That said, as we have already drafted, I feel that this should not be changed now regardless. If there is interest in changing that, it should be considered later this season to be implemented next year. It's too late for settings changes, IMO.

Dobber Sports Immortal

That would be a decision for the league to make and the commish to implement when discussing settings. I see that there is an option for it (just DL I believe, not NA) and I think was introduced last year (?), but prefer we don't do it. It feels like a loophole to avoid having to drop someone, which I feel is better and forces us to make possible challenging decisions.

That said, as we have already drafted, I feel that this should not be changed now regardless. If there is interest in changing that, it should be considered later this season to be implemented next year. It's too late for settings changes, IMO.

Interesting....I didn't know that existed!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Agreed.

Also think we should wait for OG before we do any trading, waivering. Either get the go ahead from him, or wait until he returns.